HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Osgood vs. Legace - who will start more games?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2006, 01:28 PM
  #1
kurt
the last emperor
 
kurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,594
vCash: 500
Osgood vs. Legace - who will start more games?

Osgood has been performing very well lately. Who do you guys think will see more starts between now and the end of the season? Legace has also shown he has what it takes to be #1. Should be interesting.

kurt is offline  
Old
01-06-2006, 01:47 PM
  #2
Higgy4
Registered User
 
Higgy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,548
vCash: 500
I would suspect that in a perfect world, Legace would claim the #1 job and get more starts down the road. But, I have a feeling both goalies will get alot of action unless one or the other COMPLETELY outshines the other.

Higgy4 is offline  
Old
01-06-2006, 04:26 PM
  #3
Shoalzie
Registered User
 
Shoalzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 500
If Manny can stay healthy the rest of the way, he'll be the #1 but Ozzie has picked up his game in his absense. I was hoping that both guys would be playing well...it's a good problem to have two goalies capable of being #1. It's a lot better than having them both struggle and end up choosing the lesser of two evils.

Shoalzie is offline  
Old
01-17-2006, 11:01 AM
  #4
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!
 
TOPGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Holland
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,676
vCash: 500
Osgood gets next turn in net!

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...601170344/1128

Good luck Ozzy!

TOPGUN is offline  
Old
01-17-2006, 11:34 AM
  #5
doublejack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuJo#31
Osgood gets next turn in net!

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...601170344/1128

Good luck Ozzy!
Hopefully the Oz will have a good outing, but I look at it as it's a good game on the schedule to give to the backup. It's against the CBJ's who are weak, and if Manny got the start then Ozzy would be on the shelf for a long time. Bottom line, I don't think this start will have any affect on the #1 goalie situation. It's still Manny's job to lose.

doublejack is offline  
Old
01-17-2006, 12:37 PM
  #6
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
My bet would go with Manny. Just haven't seen enough from Osgood to warrant him starting.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline  
Old
01-17-2006, 01:09 PM
  #7
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
My bet would go with Manny. Just haven't seen enough from Osgood to warrant him starting.
Why do you hate Ozzie so much?

What do you have against Ozzie?

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE OZZIE?!?!?!?!?!?


sarcastro is offline  
Old
01-17-2006, 02:24 PM
  #8
norrisnick
Registered User
 
norrisnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Hopefully the Oz will have a good outing, but I look at it as it's a good game on the schedule to give to the backup. It's against the CBJ's who are weak, and if Manny got the start then Ozzy would be on the shelf for a long time. Bottom line, I don't think this start will have any affect on the #1 goalie situation. It's still Manny's job to lose.
The BJs are actually 6-3-1 or something like that in their last 10. Nash came back and Fedorov got healthy, got lucky, or it was a factor of Nash coming back but points are going on the board for him. They're putting up lots of goals and winning recently.

norrisnick is offline  
Old
01-17-2006, 04:51 PM
  #9
Higgy4
Registered User
 
Higgy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,548
vCash: 500
Yeah, Blue Jackets are playing well lately. This is no gimme.

Higgy4 is offline  
Old
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
  #10
MetalMilitia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Humm, let's see here. You have Chris Osgood and Manny Legace and you are asking which one should be the starter? I would put millions on Legace because he is a lot better. His record and GAA prove it. Now that I know Osgood is starting in Columbus, I am not so sure the Wings will own the Jackets. With Legace you are confident, but with Osgood, every shot worries you. I am not bashing Osgood, I am just stating that Legace is much better and SHOULD be the starter for good. Osgood has his moments, but not as often as desired, unlike Manny.

MetalMilitia is offline  
Old
01-17-2006, 05:06 PM
  #11
doublejack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
The BJs are actually 6-3-1 or something like that in their last 10. Nash came back and Fedorov got healthy, got lucky, or it was a factor of Nash coming back but points are going on the board for him. They're putting up lots of goals and winning recently.
I agree that it's no gimme (really there aren't any in the NHL), but CBJ is still a very weak team. They have one dangerous line up front, and their D has been ravaged by injuries (although that could describe our team too). In any event, it doesn't get much easier with Aves, Preds x2, Nucks, Stars & Wild as the next handful of games on the schedule. If Ozzie is going to play this is *the* one.

doublejack is offline  
Old
01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
  #12
jacK
Registered User
 
jacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingfan33
Humm, let's see here. You have Chris Osgood and Manny Legace and you are asking which one should be the starter? I would put millions on Legace because he is a lot better. His record and GAA prove it. Now that I know Osgood is starting in Columbus, I am not so sure the Wings will own the Jackets. With Legace you are confident, but with Osgood, every shot worries you. I am not bashing Osgood, I am just stating that Legace is much better and SHOULD be the starter for good. Osgood has his moments, but not as often as desired, unlike Manny.
careful with that opinion around here... who would like to slap the 'ozzie-hater' label on this guy first? get him sarcastro!!

jacK is offline  
Old
01-18-2006, 07:25 AM
  #13
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK
careful with that opinion around here... who would like to slap the 'ozzie-hater' label on this guy first? get him sarcastro!!
EVERYONE MUST LOVE OZZIE UNCONDITIONALLY!!!!

NO CRITICISM WILL BE TOLERATED, EVEN IF IT COMES IN THE FORM OF PRAISE FOR MANNY AND IS ACCOMPANIED BY "I LIKE OZZIE" OR "I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH OZZIE".


sarcastro is offline  
Old
01-18-2006, 10:22 PM
  #14
MetalMilitia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
EVERYONE MUST LOVE OZZIE UNCONDITIONALLY!!!!

NO CRITICISM WILL BE TOLERATED, EVEN IF IT COMES IN THE FORM OF PRAISE FOR MANNY AND IS ACCOMPANIED BY "I LIKE OZZIE" OR "I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH OZZIE".

The thing with Osgood is that he is a streaky tender. Take tonights game for example, he got a 26 save shutout against Columbus. His last start he allowed 6 goals on 23 shots (dallas). Some of the goals allowed against Dallas he had no chance on, but 6 goals on 23 shots is horrible. It's hard to like a streaky tender, but it is also hard to hate a streaky tender. I have no problem with Ozzie, unless he is the starter for the Wings, period.

MetalMilitia is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.