HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My mid-term grades

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2006, 03:41 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
My mid-term grades

These are mid-season grades (discerned by my expertise, of course) that reflect how I feel players have performed. It's based on the season aggregate and grades are relaive to skill level and player types.

Rozsival - C- might be a 'D' if he didn't start out so well... needs to return to the hardworking blueliner he was. He's not too bright, so effort is a must.

Kaspar - A- didn't make team Russia fo nothing... still, way too much money, but he's been a wrecking ball for us.

Malik - B has earned an olympic roster spot with steady, solid defense... some will never admit it, but Malik has been a great team d-man this season.

Nieminen - C it's unfortunate because, while he's been solid, he's so knee-jerk and he's having difficulty with the new rules.

Ward - A- for the NHL plsyer he's been, Ward has taken his game to a new level. No longer a fringe player, but a solid 3rd or 4th liner on any team.

Poti - B- first fifteen games wer typical of him, but for the majority of the season he's been a good two-way d-man. Like with Malik, some cementeads will always hae him, but facts are facts.

Moore - B I think he started really great but tailed off. Still solid, but let's see him start scoring again.

Betts - A surprised everyone and has been a workhorse. Not shiny, but an important piece of the foundation.

Rucchin - C+ some are more down on him than they should be, he's been what he is... and look at the numbers, they're not bad at all.

Drats - C- yeah, I don't give rookies a 'B' just 'cause they're rookies. He's too scared to play right now.

Prucha - A+ I know he's a sniper, but I'd like to see a few more assists.

Rosie - B- bounced back well fom the injury... he just fits on this team.

Henke - A+ in any other season, he'd be rookie of the year.

Strudwick - B we know what to expect here, but he's shown character, grit and smarts on D.

Orts - B- higher skill level than last season, but I wish he could hit te net.

Hollweg - C+ a fringe player, but his physicality sets him apart from pther role players. C+, above average.

Tyutin - C- close to a 'D.' People used the term "inconsistent." No, he's been consistently bad all season... seems like a lack of effort.

Jags - A+

Weekes - B- he's been playing above his career norm... I really like our gosltending system.

Hossa - D

Straka - B+ he's having one of the best seasons in his career.

Nylander - B- he's just a type of player some will never like.

Old
01-06-2006, 03:48 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

I thought that Rosie was Rozsival and not Rucinsky.

Old
01-06-2006, 04:12 PM
in the hall

only A's for me:
Jagr
Prucha
Lundqvist

a few misc/comments

players who have remained the same from 1/4 mark imo

A+ Jagr, nothing really needs to be said

A+ Lundqvist, don't remember one game where we have not been in a position to win because of him, he is a true #1 already and one of the best in the league imo

B+ Moore, consider the role, he's been superb

B+ Ortmeyer, another one who you have to see how good he's done HIS job

B Kasparitus, been solid, too many PIMs

B Straka, wish he scored more goals

B- Malik, mr invisible who does no harm just given too much of a role, if not for his ugly contract he'd be a good pick up.. solid 5/6 defenseman

B- Tyutin, inconsistently our best defenseman and when not, just another invisible player

B- Betts, he's been solid, doesn't do anything wrong, doesn't do anything great

C Rucchin, trade him, I'm sure we have better talent in the AHL.. has been a disappointment imo, not as bad as he was when the year first started but that's only because his role has changed

C- Kondratiev, he has been bad and has been steady, never great, personally don't feel he's been as bad as some claim

players who have improved

A+ Prucha, went from a high B to A as soon as he started getting chances, imo our second best player besides Jagr, more so then Lundqvist only because Lundqvist hasn't been given that same chance

B Hollweg, the one guy who has had made some adjusting to his play and has still done well, playing smarter keep it up, also has the unique role of being the energy bug on this team and really gets it started

C Poti, shocking.. I'll give him his dues but he still isn't that good and should be let go at the end of the season

C Strudwick, well lately he hasn't looked that good but he's gone from being really a never thought of to someone who's got a nice role on the team and does his job well

C- Nemo, still sucks.. if not for those stupid penalties there would be something to like

Players who have gone downward

B Ward, tough love.. same category as Rucinsky, started off way over his head now has settled into his true role however he's been good still

B- Nylander, not sure what the deal is but he's not looking so good anymore and becoming very frustrating to watch

B- Rucinsky, maybe it's just me not noticing him but he doesn't seem to be making the same impact he did before he got injured, guess he's playing to what he really is now

C- Weekes, way too inconsistent, reminds me of a better version of Dunham his last year here

C- Hossa, talk about falling off the face of the earth

F Rozival, you're right he started off real well.. but that lasted 10 games if even, and he's been so bad it makes Poti from years past bearable, I partly blame Renney for giving him too much of a role on this team

Old
01-06-2006, 04:12 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Rosie has always been Rucinsky

but this season I use Rozy for Rozsival and Rosie for Rucinsky

Old
01-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Some players on this team aren't passing.

I agree with ITH, Rozsival is failing and Neiminen and Hossa are close, if not there with him. Poti's earned a "D" at best. Rucchin probably belongs there with him.

Old
01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Kluivert4Ever

I think we are being a little to hard on Rucinsky, It is true that he has not played nearly as well as he did before his injury however, does anyone remember the articles after his first game back? That his knee did not feel good and will probably hurt him all year? He is probably right and he is just playing through it right now, I believe this is the case because he does not have the same stride as he did before the injury and not being able to push of with that injured knee while he was skating was his greatest discomfort.
I think he is battling his brains out trough the pain because we simply lack the depth to replace him.

Old
01-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR

Weekes - B- he's been playing above his career norm... I really like our gosltending system.

actually, hes well below his career norm.

This year: 3.05/.888

Previous years:
2.33/.912
2.55/.912
2.89/.915

Career AVG: 2.87/9.03

Old
01-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
actually, hes well below his career norm.

This year: 3.05/.888

Previous years:
2.33/.912
2.55/.912
2.89/.915

Career AVG: 2.87/9.03
I do not pay much attention to GAA but the save precentage is interesting.

Old
01-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Seems like Weekes #'s were alot better before his injury, then again the team was playing much better(really, the rest of the league started to catch up if you ask me).

Other than that these grades seem fair, though Poti still gets a "C" at best, come on, don't let the darkside influence you

Old
01-06-2006, 06:58 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
So does everyone that calls him "Ruca."

Old
01-06-2006, 11:34 PM
polako

bobmarley...

good assessment..very fair

Old
01-07-2006, 12:25 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Jagr= A plus.
Rucinsky= B. He's too old for me too though, doesn't fit in.
Straka= B. Got the passing game going, scoring is coming back...too old.
Nylander= C. Lazy, too old for sure, washed up, bad penalties, he promises he won't shoot before some games.
Prucha= A. Surpassed all obstacles and all critics. The kid can handle the speed and physicality, and he can put the puck in the net.
Rucchin= C. Eww...do something other than being just SOLID. No one realizes you...EVER.
Nieminen= C. Too old for his role...doesn't do his agitating as well, you all know I like Orr alot more. A lot of lazy penalties and slow skating too.
Ward= A. PK-hustle.
Ortmeyer= A. PK-hustle.
Hollweg= A. Hustle-Hitting-Energy.
Moore= B. I don't know if he's the right guy between Orty and Holly, I woulda loved Garth Murray between them, but Moore's been solid. In a real cold streak.
Betts= B -. PK has been solid, and solid on faceoffs. Not much else.
Orr= B from what I've seen. PLAY HIM
Hossa= F -.
Poti= C -. Still sucks. D-men can't be *******.
Strudwick= B. Surpassed all thoughts I had about him, a lot more physical and solid than I thought.
Kasper= A. Back to his old hitting and banging self.
Malik= B -. You all like him...he's great when he uses his size, when he doesn't...pfff.
Roszival= D. Horrid as of late, great slapper- never on net though. Not physical at all and can't clear the puck.
Kondratiev= C plus. Getting there.
Lundy= A.
Weekes= B -.

Old
01-07-2006, 08:58 AM
92hatchattack

i agree with most of the lists except Ortmeyer is definatly an A.....He might not be the greatest player but he works his *** off!!!! as well as hollweg.

Old
01-07-2006, 11:47 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
These are mid-season grades (discerned by my expertise, of course) that reflect how I feel players have performed. It's based on the season aggregate and grades are relaive to skill level and player types.

Rozsival - C- might be a 'D' if he didn't start out so well... needs to return to the hardworking blueliner he was. He's not too bright, so effort is a must.

Kaspar - A- didn't make team Russia fo nothing... still, way too much money, but he's been a wrecking ball for us.

Malik - B has earned an olympic roster spot with steady, solid defense... some will never admit it, but Malik has been a great team d-man this season.

Nieminen - C it's unfortunate because, while he's been solid, he's so knee-jerk and he's having difficulty with the new rules.

Ward - A- for the NHL plsyer he's been, Ward has taken his game to a new level. No longer a fringe player, but a solid 3rd or 4th liner on any team.

Poti - B- first fifteen games wer typical of him, but for the majority of the season he's been a good two-way d-man. Like with Malik, some cementeads will always hae him, but facts are facts.

Moore - B I think he started really great but tailed off. Still solid, but let's see him start scoring again.

Betts - A surprised everyone and has been a workhorse. Not shiny, but an important piece of the foundation.

Rucchin - C+ some are more down on him than they should be, he's been what he is... and look at the numbers, they're not bad at all.

Drats - C- yeah, I don't give rookies a 'B' just 'cause they're rookies. He's too scared to play right now.

Prucha - A+ I know he's a sniper, but I'd like to see a few more assists.

Rosie - B- bounced back well fom the injury... he just fits on this team.

Henke - A+ in any other season, he'd be rookie of the year.

Strudwick - B we know what to expect here, but he's shown character, grit and smarts on D.

Orts - B- higher skill level than last season, but I wish he could hit te net.

Hollweg - C+ a fringe player, but his physicality sets him apart from pther role players. C+, above average.

Tyutin - C- close to a 'D.' People used the term "inconsistent." No, he's been consistently bad all season... seems like a lack of effort.

Jags - A+

Hossa - D

Straka - B+ he's having one of the best seasons in his career.

Nylander - B- he's just a type of player some will never like.
I guess I don't understand how you are doing some of these rankings. You seem to be inconsistent. Some guys are getting high grades for doing better than expected and others are being given mediocre grades despite far exceeding expectations. For instance, Hollweg at a C+ is ridiculous if you are basing the rankings on performance compared to expectations. Hollweg, a rookie, has been one of the most important Rangers based on his ability to provide energy. Then a guy like Poti gets a B, despite the fact he is supposed to be a vet offensive d-man and he's been in the coach's dog house a few times. Poti is just now starting to bring his game up to a level expected of a vet (and he's still not providing as much offense as expected.)

Closed Thread