HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting quote by Ovechkin

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
The CUBE

vCash: 500
Interesting quote by Ovechkin

I know he doesn't play for the habs, however when I read this it really proves once again that Ovechkin is really good for the game. And it's nice to read something like this in these rough times.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=149669&hubname=nhl

Quote:
"They are fans, and they want my signature. They live in Washington, and they are fans of our team. I think if I signed 10 signatures and there were 20 more fans waiting and I didn't sign for them also, they would want to know why, and I would feel bad. If you have time, why not sign them all?" - Capitals LW Alexander Ovechkin

Keep em coming Alex

Old
01-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Namso

Ovechkin is the most refreshing player that the NHL has had in a long time. He does all the things that make you go "Wow!" and how can u forget his quotes!!!

Old
01-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Madevilz

wow, classy player

We <3 you Alexander the Great!

Old
01-06-2006, 04:56 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso
Ovechkin is the most refreshing player that the NHL has had in a long time. He does all the things that make you go "Wow!" and how can u forget his quotes!!!

I totally agree. And that is why I had to post that quote. He simply seems to love what he does and it's funto see.

Old
01-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Avant-Gardien

Ovechkin impresses me more every day. And here, coming into the league, it seemed his attitude would be 180 degrees apart from this. Cheers to the kid.

Old
01-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

If he keep it up he might just remplace Pavel Bure as my favourite russian player EVER .

Old
01-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Mr. Hab

Two thumbs up for Ovechkin...
Not only does he score incredible highlight goals, plays with heart, is physical, etc...but he also shows class for fans, the game, Washington...
Here's to Ovechkin

I hope he continues with this attitude, not to be cynical or anything, but...I hope 5-10 years in the NHL won't make him fed up of signing autographs or having this great attitude he seems to have...

Keep it up Ovechkin!! Keep up this great attitude

Old
01-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Montrealer

Sounds good, but then again playing in Washington allows him to sign the three dozen signatures he needs to.

I somehow wonder how he'd fare in Montreal or Toronto being asked to sign hundreds...

(Edit: Not taking anything away from him! It's a great attitude and I salute him for it)

Old
01-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Clumsyhab

I HATED that guy when he was junior. He was so cocky and selfish at the WJC. However, I must admit that he impresses me in the NHL and seemed to matured a lot. Surprisingly, he is one of a few Europeans that Don Cherry likes Bravo to Ovechkin, I'm thinking of buying his jersey for my collection but the Caps jerseys are fucgly.

Old
01-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
I HATED that guy when he was junior. He was so cocky and selfish at the WJC. However, I must admit that he impresses me in the NHL and seemed to matured a lot. Surprisingly, he is one of a few Europeans that Don Cherry likes Bravo to Ovechkin, I'm thinking of buying his jersey for my collection but the Caps jerseys are fucgly.
get a team Russia jersey, then!

Old
01-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

hehe lady bing anyone?

but seriously...

ovechkin is an incredible person....i think all the stuff said about him about being cocky and selfcentered was hyped by media...he's modest so far a great ambassador to the game...and able to keep his spirits high while playing in washigton which probably does not appreciate hockey as much...

in any case him and crosby are so refreshing....

Old
01-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledemers
I know he doesn't play for the habs, however when I read this it really proves once again that Ovechkin is really good for the game. And it's nice to read something like this in these rough times.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=149669&hubname=nhl

Keep em coming Alex
Autograph Hunter: When I grow up, I wanna injure men by throwing stuff at them, just like you, Alex. Will you sign my magazine?
Alex: Ahh, sure thing, sweety. Who should I make it out to?
Autograph Hunter: Well, errr... to eBay.
Alex: That's a popular name today. Little E, big B?

Old
01-07-2006, 12:32 AM
Big Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
I HATED that guy when he was junior. He was so cocky and selfish at the WJC.
I used to think the same and have drastically changed pooint of view, he might be one of the best things about the nhl today.

Old
01-07-2006, 12:52 AM
jonny5

Totally agree on the comments about Ovechkin, very classy. He really is an amazing hockey player, and contrary to my original opinion of him, becoming a good ambassador for the NHL. I heard one of the announcers of one of the Caps games last week say that on New Years Day he picked up the phone and called George McPhee, GM of the Caps , to wish him a Happy New Year. Quite thoughtful for the young man
After watching some of the Pens/Thrashers game tonite on Centre Ice, I'm wondering if Crosby isn't going to be the new guy with the attitude. Quite the word bashing between him and Kovalchuk.

Old
01-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Twist and Shout

Great player, and is such a great ambassador for the game while being such a classy guy.

Hats off to him. AO just rocks.

Old
01-07-2006, 01:27 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
This guy is quickly becoming one of my favourite players, not many people can bring an entertaining show on the ice as well as a light-hearted and unique approach to interviews after a game. He is looking like a more skilled JR but only outspoken in the sense that he is almost just like a kid trying to find his way in a world he doesnt understand, which just might actually be the case. Alexander the Great

Closed Thread