HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation about the speculation

View Poll Results: Trade in the works?
Blockbuster deal soon 10 18.18%
Small trade soon 14 25.45%
something, but only at the deadline 14 25.45%
nothing happens/ status quo 17 30.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2006, 04:39 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

vCash: 500
Speculation about the speculation

With all the trade rumours afoot especially involving the Avs, what are the chances a blockbuster deal gets done in the next week or so? Theodore, Ribeiro and Zednik have been mentioned on the Habs side with a multitude of others supossedly coming our way. A change in personnel definitely needs to happen to remix the chemistry of the team and fix the offensive/defensive/goaltending problems that are rapidly killing the team's playoff chances. So whats the general concensus on these matters? will it happen or won't it?

Old
01-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Namso

most of the speculation is done by fans who want to get rid of ribs, dags and theo. most of it doesn't hold fruit.

Right now its mostly rumors that a trade is coming(all the avs scouts must mean something), but as to who is involved is anyones guess.

Old
01-06-2006, 04:43 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

No blockbuster but we might see some minor tweaking from Bob. I think we could wait until this summer unless a good deal comes along.

Old
01-06-2006, 05:16 PM
The CUBE

I see a trade coming but it will be around the deadline at the earliest. Unless something too good to be true comes up.

Gainey is a very patient man. (or seems to be anyway) He has a plan and it is to win the cup but that plan is not this year. Give it some time and we will be on the top of the standings. unfortunately not this year.

Old
01-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Talent Analyst

nothing happens/ status quo

Old
01-06-2006, 06:37 PM
TroyM

I think something will definitely happen with us at the deadline, but its severity, well I have no idea. But I am almost certain we'll make a move, and I'd lean toward it being a smaller one.

Old
01-06-2006, 07:10 PM
goalchenyuk

Ribeiro ? if Gainey would have wanted to traded him , i don't think that he would have been out of the ice for 2 games.

Théodore ? we still don't know about a no-trade clause in his contract . Anyway , with the last games - that were all scouting by 2-3 teams - i don't see who would like to get him ...

Zednik ? for a long time , i think that he's going to be the first one to be trade because we have already his clone in Ryder , and because he has may be a little bit more value than most of our older players.

Bulis ? free agent at the end of the season , played a lot and played very well lately . was he having all this ice time because Gainey wanted to showed him ? If i was Gainey , i would try already to resign him . His play at the center is surprising .

Dagenais ? IMO he's really better than last season , but it's too late ; we have already prospect that are better than him . He've got no value in the trade market . May be a 5 or 6 th round draft ?

Plekanec ? He 's a very all around skill player . But i would prefere Gainey to trade him because with i see him as another player that is too small for the kind of game he played ; i am sure that he 's going to be as injury prone as Koivu.

Koivu ? free agent at the end of the season , what Gainey is going to do with him ? he's the heart and soul of the team for a long time now , but the team is going nowhere . Once again , this season he was injured and once again that cost us a lot of games because he 's our key player. I am probably not the only one that think that Saku is too fragile to be a key player of a contender team . I would try to resign him at a lower price , and play him in a smaller role next season ( 2 nd or 3 th center ) . If Saku doesn't want to plays a lesser role , than bye bye .

The problem is that Gainey needs to signed a new key player , with or without Koivu staying with us.

Old
01-06-2006, 07:20 PM
clvmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
No blockbuster but we might see some minor tweaking from Bob. I think we could wait until this summer unless a good deal comes along.
Minor tweaking for bob will get us nowhere !!!!!!!!!!!
Stir the f... pot !!

Old
01-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
It depend,If the Habs continue to lose and we lost a playoff spot, I think we will see Gainey get rid of alot of player at the trade deadline,Ribeiro Zednik,Sundstrom,Bulis come to mind.But If the team re-gain some confidence and start winning games,I think Bob will go on the market and get us a good defenseman for the playoff

Closed Thread