Notices

GDT: 1/6 Pens @ Atl, 7pm EST

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

vCash: 500
I love Kovalchuk. Nice to see him put Crosby in his place. For someone who the NHL is banking so much on to promote the game, Crosby just keeps yapping and acting like a punk. He's insanely talented but really needs to tone it down.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:59 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

The penalty in the 3rd on Sutton was a blatant dive by Crosby. He took a leap over Sutton's stick and ended up in the Thrashers net.

Ilya taught the young rook a lesson, and hopefully he learns from it.

And lets not turn this thread into a Crosby bashing thread. There have been plenty of those on the NHL Talk board already. I think he has had a bad enough day already.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:00 PM
ExplosiveLEAFman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan27
Not here to troll or anythin, just think its interesting that Kovalchuk takes a cheap run at Crosby and then mocks him after his goal, and he is god. But had Crosby done both those things in a 5-0 game, the whole world would literally be saying how immature Crosby is and that this is why they hate him.

If kovy took a cheap run, than so did Crosby. The hit made on Kozlov by Crosby was identical to the one Kovy later made on crosby.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:01 PM
st5801

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn
The penalty in the 3rd on Sutton was a blatant dive by Crosby. He took a leap over Sutton's stick and ended up in the Thrashers net.

I agree, it wasn't a penalty. But it also wasnt a dive. Should have been a non call.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:03 PM
PensFan27

Send a message via AIM to PensFan27 Send a message via Yahoo to PensFan27
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn

And lets not turn this thread into a Crosby bashing thread. There have been plenty of those on the NHL Talk board already. I think he has had a bad enough day already.
1. It wasnt a dive at all. He tried jumping over the Dman to get to the net, and it was a bad penalty call on ATL. How that is a dive...im still not sure.

2. All i saw Ilya teach him was how to be the bigger jack*** honestly. Oh and how to make good clean hits from behind. How do you defend a player for hitting somone from behind and mocking them. God, can you imagine if crosby did that. There would be people saying he should get suspended.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Kovalchuk is truly a complete player
With all due respect...

Complete players don't take cheap shots, use illegal sticks, and taunt players in the penalty box.

A very gifted player indeed, but he still has a long way to go before he is a complete player.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
With all due respect...

Complete players don't take cheap shots, use illegal sticks,
Looking at the scorecard I don't see a single penalty for that. Quit making homeristic accusations you can't prove.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:07 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan27
1. It wasnt a dive at all. He tried jumping over the Dman to get to the net, and it was a bad penalty call on ATL. How that is a dive...im still not sure.
He jumped over the Dman INTO the net, of course it was a dive. Where exactly was Crosby jumping to, he was right in front of the net already.

Regarding Ilya, he is cocky but mature enough to not get too emotional and take very bad penalties. Crosby wanted to prove himself against Ilya tonight, and Ilya showed what happens to rookies that want to play that game.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:10 PM
PensFan27

Send a message via AIM to PensFan27 Send a message via Yahoo to PensFan27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
Looking at the scorecard I don't see a single penalty for that. Quit making homeristic accusations you can't prove.
May i ask why he started using a flat blade in the end after Therien complained of his stick?

Old
01-06-2006, 09:16 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

That was his "empty net stick". Good point though

Old
01-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Fravashis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
With all due respect...

Complete players don't take cheap shots, use illegal sticks, and taunt players in the penalty box.

A very gifted player indeed, but he still has a long way to go before he is a complete player.
jeez, its funny what a loss will do, weren't you all about seeing a good home and home series, and now your whining and making unfounded accusations. Very nice.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn
That was his "empty net stick". Good point though
Does he have a 1st period stick, a 2nd period stick, and a PP stick too? Maybe he also has a pogo stick too?

Old
01-06-2006, 09:28 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Now, now. He did preface it with "With all due respect"

Lets keep this on topic.

Wingman

Old
01-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I love Kovalchuk. Nice to see him put Crosby in his place. For someone who the NHL is banking so much on to promote the game, Crosby just keeps yapping and acting like a punk. He's insanely talented but really needs to tone it down.
I'm sure you'd be saying those things had you drafted Crosby.

First, to the Atlanta fans, great game. No hard feelings. Tomorrow will be fun.

To the Rangers fans, do the sour grapes ever end? All you did was whine when you didn't get Crosby, now you're whining when he beats you in overtime.

It's funny. Hatcher knocks 2 of Crosby's teeth out and plays dirty all night over 2 months ago, the Philly media catches it, and now everyone calls Crosby a "diver".

I admit he jaws at the ref's too much. but the diving thing is absurd.

especially when it comes from Rangers fans' that have probably only seen him play 5 times.

But I digress.

Atlanta, we'll see you tomorrow. Here's to a good game.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Maybe the reason Crosby keeps on yapping is because the other team's punks keep getting free hits on him w/o penalty. Like when Kovy ran him into the boards? What do you think Kovy would do if people took cheap shots at him all game long and got away with it? Oh, and I'm guessing kovalchuk wasn't a punk when he pointed to the penalty box to mock sid after scoring that PP goal?

Old
01-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21
Maybe the reason Crosby keeps on yapping is because the other team's punks keep getting free hits on him w/o penalty. Like when Kovy ran him into the boards? What do you think Kovy would do if people took cheap shots at him all game long and got away with it? Oh, and I'm guessing kovalchuk wasn't a punk when he pointed to the penalty box to mock sid after scoring that PP goal?
Just when we complain about others coming onto our board causing trouble you come and call Kovalchuk a 'punk' on their board. The game obviously brought some emotions out, one of the more pissed off Crosby interviews I have seen after the game, all the more reason to keep things like that from the other team's board.

Good luck guys, tough game as far as things that went on, should be interesting tomorrow. At the end of the day, let us keep it to a

Old
01-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Lecavilier_4

Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
I don't feel like reading through the entire thread ... but i just have to say this...

Kovalchuk.

Way to stick it to the "Media-Monster!"

I just saw the highlights of the game...

Crosby was almost teary-eyed because "Kovalchuk slashed me" (Something along those lines)

Thank you Thrashers!

Old
01-06-2006, 10:05 PM
st5801

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan27fan
jeez, its funny what a loss will do, weren't you all about seeing a good home and home series, and now your whining and making unfounded accusations. Very nice.
I don't think they're any more unfounded than saying Crosby dove on the Sutton penalty, but whatever. I think we'll still have a good home and home series. Tonight's game turned out to be surprisingly close. Atlanta outplayed Pittsburgh, and deserved the win for sure. Kovalchuck and Hossa were superb. Lehtonen had a number of clutch saves. Obviously, there are going to be a lot of emotions going into tomorrows game, and its going to make for great hockey.

But hey, maybe you guys can spot Pittsburgh the big lead for once.

Old
01-06-2006, 10:12 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
I agree it was a great win, but didn't anyone else get nervous late in the 3rd when the Pens were within a goal and had some "momentum," of sorts, going?

I was there and I know I was nervous!

That empty netter was pure beauty.

KOVY KOVY KOVY !!!!

Old
01-06-2006, 10:15 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera
I agree it was a great win, but didn't anyone else get nervous late in the 3rd when the Pens were within a goal and had some "momentum," of sorts, going?

I was there and I know I was nervous!
I was not looking forward to have to deal with gloating Pens fans on this board if the Thrashers lost, thats for sure.

I was able to breathe normally once Ilya potted the EN.

So what were the cheers at the game like. Looks like the Return of Heatley was a turning point for Philips Arena.

Old
01-06-2006, 10:22 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
I believe I heard a
"croooooosby crosssssssby crossssssby YOU SUCK" (where I sit I can rarely hear what they are saying... )
and I know I heard and participated in several chants of
KOVY KOVY KOVY

It was great, and I agree, I think Monday's game was definitely a turning point - the crowd is into yelling names now!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Doesn't hurt we've seen 2 HAT TRICKS in a row at home!

Old
01-06-2006, 10:33 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

http://tsn.ca/

Made the front page of TSN for now at least, the crowd taunts that is.

Advantage...Kovalchuk!

Old
01-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Shameus

Question, I could have sworn that Savy was the one who outletted to Kovy for the empty netter. NHL.com has it as XLB. TSN in their recap has it as Savy, but in their box score they have it as XLB. Was I seeing things?

Old
01-06-2006, 10:45 PM
gamera

rock on!

from where I was sitting, I really only heard the YOU SUCK one once or twice, so I really didn't think there was that much taunting going on (maybe on the ice was different! )

The rest of the time it was KO-VY KO-VY KO-VY

Maybe I'll sit behind the goal over there next time so I can hear the YOU SUCK better. I must admit, it is entertaining!

I'm cheap and sit in the $10 seats...they really aren't bad - nice view of the entire rink.

Old
01-06-2006, 10:46 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Atlanta 19:15, Ilya Kovalchuk 30 (empty net) (Garnet Exelby, Greg de Vries)

From Yahoo's Box Score

I remember Elliot crediting XLB with getting the puck out of the zone.

Closed Thread