Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 1/6 Pens @ Atl, 7pm EST

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2006, 10:47 PM
gamera

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus
Question, I could have sworn that Savy was the one who outletted to Kovy for the empty netter. NHL.com has it as XLB. TSN in their recap has it as Savy, but in their box score they have it as XLB. Was I seeing things?
I thought it was Savard, too.

Old
01-06-2006, 10:48 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera
I'm cheap and sit in the $10 seats...they really aren't bad - nice view of the entire rink.
My buddy has season tickets, 1st row upper deck above Headlines Grill. If you get a ticket behind the net it is easier to move up to the front of the section.

Old
01-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

Heres some quotes from tonights game, a bit shamelessly taken from the AJC article on tonights game...

Quote:
"He slashed me from behind, he started yapping at me a little bit. That's OK, that's the game," Kovalchuk said. "Most important we win the game, we put two points in our bank."

Kovalchuk was asked why he pointed at Crosby.

"He took those stupid penalties all the time and he's 18-year-old kid and he can't play like this. He started yapping at his teammates. He should play really hard tonight and try to do his best."

Did Kovalchuk think that the taunt fired up the Penguins for their four-goal rally in the third period, three of which came on the power play?

"I don't care," he said. "You know, most important to win the game . . . If he wants to play tough, we can play tough. He can finish his checks. He's not Mario Lemieux yet. That's a little different. He should understand that."

Old
01-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Man Ilya's a smart arse, I love it.. I'd love to see those two drop the gloves tomorrow night.

Old
01-06-2006, 11:06 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Lol @ Kovalchuk pointing at Crosby:

Click here for pic

Who was it that called Kovalchuk for an illegal stick blade one year, then Kovalchuk came out of the box after his penalty was over and scored a goal? And then I think Kovy skated past the other team's bench pointing to his stick blade like, "Is that legal enough for ya?" That was awesome.

Last edited by NYR94: 01-06-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old
01-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94

Click here for pic

Who was it that called Kovalchuk for an illegal stick blade on year, then Kovalchuk came out of the box after his penalty was over and scored a goal? That was awesome.
Someone want to make that into an avatar for me.

Old
01-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

Quote:
Who was it that called Kovalchuk for an illegal stick blade one year, then Kovalchuk came out of the box after his penalty was over and scored a goal? And then I think Kovy skated past the other team's bench pointing to his stick blade like, "Is that legal enough for ya?" That was awesome.
I think that was Edmonton. MacTavish? Forgot who was coach then..,,

Old
01-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

I think Comrie called him out on it, knowing it was illegal from their time together at the Young Stars game..

Old
01-07-2006, 12:26 AM
The Maltais Falcon

The outlet pass on the empty netter definitely came from Exelby.

My question for Pens fans with respect to Crosby is: where's the muscle on this Pens team to protect Sid the Kid? The first thought in my mind when Crosby took that hit from behind in the first period that left him crumpled on the ice for a few seconds with his legs splayed every which way was "I can't believe no Pittsburgh player is going after the Thrasher that threw that hit (I think it was Kovalchuk)!"

If someone did that to Hossa or Ilya (or any Thrasher, really,) I'd hope Bob Hartley would try to send a message the next shift. Crosby took a ton of abuse all night (some dirty, some not) and I can't remember a single time any Pittsburgh player tried to do anything about it. I think Andre Roy was goaded into taking an unsportsmanlike penalty, but I believe that was a non-Crosby incident.

Old
01-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maltais Falcon

My question for Pens fans with respect to Crosby is: where's the muscle on this Pens team to protect Sid the Kid? The first thought in my mind when Crosby took that hit from behind in the first period that left him crumpled on the ice for a few seconds with his legs splayed every which way was "I can't believe no Pittsburgh player is going after the Thrasher that threw that hit (I think it was Kovalchuk)!"

If someone did that to Hossa or Ilya (or any Thrasher, really,) I'd hope Bob Hartley would try to send a message the next shift. Crosby took a ton of abuse all night (some dirty, some not) and I can't remember a single time any Pittsburgh player tried to do anything about it. I think Andre Roy was goaded into taking an unsportsmanlike penalty, but I believe that was a non-Crosby incident.

Yeah, the Pens have a bunch of ******* on the team, no way to sugar coat it. The one enforcer they brought in, Roy, got his eye socket shattered first time he fought this year and really should not be fighting still. It is going to have to be addressed big time off season. One reason I think that Crosby is so chippy, he has to be. Who is going to step up and defend him? Gonchar?

Old
01-07-2006, 01:51 AM
st5801

Quote:

The only two who are close to being enforcers, Orpik and Vandenbussche, are hurt. Roy isn't much of an enforcer. Now if we'd call up Carcillo from the AHL, things would get real interesting real fast.

Old
01-07-2006, 02:01 AM
Berkut

Send a message via MSN to Berkut
Quote:

Click here for pic

It was Geaorge Laraque if I'm not mistaken.

Old
01-07-2006, 02:22 AM
psycho_dad

I was worried when I noticed Lehtonen let 4 goals in, but after I saw the video highlights, no problem. None were soft goals. Where were the defenseman? Looked like they were expecting him to save 3-4 rebounds as well.

Old
01-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
Someone want to make that into an avatar for me.
Doesn't look very good when you resize it... (sorry).

Old
01-07-2006, 05:26 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer
Haha that's awesome

Old
01-07-2006, 06:32 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:

brain fart on my part then

Old
01-07-2006, 07:28 AM
dunwoody_joe

You just have to love Ilya's passion. OK, maybe a little too much passion and showmanship sometimes, but it fires him and the crowd right up.

My worry for Ilya is the possibility of retaliation. Like tonight, if I was Ilya I would have my head on a swivel because I expect some Penguin to deliver an answer. Ilya will be a target for some type of cheap shot.

Hartley can publically say whatever he needs to (coach-speak) but deep down inside he loves what Ilya brings to the dance.

I sure do!

Old
01-07-2006, 07:57 AM
GetPucksDeep

Old
01-07-2006, 08:01 AM
5minsforfighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer
Hahaha! This is great!

Old
01-07-2006, 08:14 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn
Could you post a link for your avatar.

Old
01-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Ichiro

Who was it that called Kovalchuk for an illegal stick blade one year, then Kovalchuk came out of the box after his penalty was over and scored a goal? And then I think Kovy skated past the other team's bench pointing to his stick blade like, "Is that legal enough for ya?" That was awesome.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly how it happened. I was at that game and it is my fondest memory of "The Kid".

It seemed to happen in slow motion. Kovalchuk was in the box doing time for the stick thing, all the action was at the Thrashers goal (as was usual) and then the puck slides right past the penalty box as Kovy's clock ticks to 2 - 1 - 0. Then everything speeded up to real time, the crowd was electric, he exits the box, grabs the puck on the breakaway, there is a THUNDEROUS ovation. He challenges the goalie and shoots it past him. The crowd went berserk.

After the goal he skated by the Edmonton bench pointing to the stick as if to say. Would you like a look at this stick too?

I have a picture someplace...

Old
01-07-2006, 08:33 AM
GetPucksDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn
Could you post a link for your avatar.
I don't have a link. Just right-click, then save-as to your pc, then upload to HFboards.

Old
01-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Bonsai

Quote:
brain fart on my part then
Quote:
But, after Pittsburgh pulled goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, Kovalchuk lingered at centre ice, took a pass from Marc Savard along the boards, and raced the other way to score his 30th goal of the season into an unguarded net.
That was taken from tsn.ca's review of the game.

Old
01-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan27
Then Kovalchuk mocked sidney after a goal. That is the most immature thing i have ever seen a player do in hockey.
Don't watch much hockey, do you?

Old
01-07-2006, 09:57 AM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
I believe I heard a
"croooooosby crosssssssby crossssssby YOU SUCK" (where I sit I can rarely hear what they are saying... )
and I know I heard and participated in several chants of
KOVY KOVY KOVY

It was great, and I agree, I think Monday's game was definitely a turning point - the crowd is into yelling names now!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Doesn't hurt we've seen 2 HAT TRICKS in a row at home!
On the broadcast, I heard the fans over in the Thrashers' "attack twice" end chanting "Fleury......Fleury.....Fleury....YOU SUCK!" a number of times. Those folks always chant the name of the opposing team's goalie (if the player has a long name, they go for the first name or use a shortened version of the last name) followed by the "You Suck!" finish. I believe the only non-goalies to get this chant this season are Sid and Dany.

As for the Hossa chant, it looks like the rest of the fans officially welcome him as a part of the team. Dany who?

It's funny how the Pens fans on the boards have somehow forgotten about the cheapshot hit the Kid made on Kozzie.......

Closed Thread