HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Here's some (more, sorry) bad news....

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Hab-Dawgs

vCash: 500
Here's some (more, sorry) bad news....

It doesn't look good for us right now..

Atlanta's up 4-0 on pittsburgh......

After tonight we will be in 9th and get to start playing catch-up again..

Old
01-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-Dawgs

5-0
Kovalchuk is as cocky as ever, trying to get under Crosby's skin. Crosby was in the box when Kovalchuk scored on the pp, Kovalchuk immediately turned and pointed at and stared at Crosby skating out of the box.

Congrats Ilya, you are better than 18 year old Sidney. See you in a couple years.

Old
01-06-2006, 07:58 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirktondan
5-0
Kovalchuk is as cocky as ever, trying to get under Crosby's skin. Crosby was in the box when Kovalchuk scored on the pp, Kovalchuk immediately turned and pointed at and stared at Crosby skating out of the box.

Congrats Ilya, you are better than 18 year old Sidney. See you in a couple years.
who is Kovalchuk ?
who is Crosby ?
who was the guy that scores in the shoutout last Montreal game ?
- Hasek

Old
01-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
who is Kovalchuk ?
who is Crosby ?
- Hasek
I think Kovalchuk may think people forget about him.. because we mainly hear about Crosby and Ovechkin.. of course it isnt a good move he did.. if he did so but he sure has a lot of motivation, the guy is simply awesome, i am not sure Crosby will be better. they arent the same style.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
who is Kovalchuk ?
He's the cocky scorer on the Thrashers who will most likely hold out before signing his next contract.
Quote:
who is Crosby ?
He's that nice new kid on the Pens who plays hockey really well.
Quote:
- Hasek
Um, I think his name was Dagenais, he's good when there is no one else on the ice.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
5-4 now late in the 3rd. Atlanta has allowed 4 straight goals in the 3rd period.

One key stat to remember: ATL has 4 GP more than us. Habs need to stop this horrendous slump and get on a winning streak ASAP.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Namso

Kovalchuk is the best offensive weapon in the league right now. Better than anyone. The Art Ross and Maurice Richard are there for his taking. Simply an amazing player.

And those that say he his cocky, well at least he backs it up, unlike someone we know coughribeirocough.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:40 PM
wade

Quote:
5-0

wut u dont think 18 yr old crosby is cocky?
ilya kovalchuk is an amazing player..

sounds like u just think russian's are all heartless and cocky...

just like TSN and their

canadians = heart and russians = skill and speed

i'm sorry but everyone should listen to themselves.. all caught up in the media and believing every word they say

I am 100% sure that crosby would try and get under ovechkin/kovalchuk's skin if he could.. dont u remember "Cocky" crosby yelling at gonchar.. "gonch gonch u gotta work harder" or sumthing like that.. how do u think he feels having some punk *** 18 year old telling him what to do.. how do u think the pitts team feels that some 18yr old gets an "A" on his jersey while all the veterans that have been in the league for so long has gotta listen to some kid go on and on about how they don't put any effort..

Don't get me wrong i am a proud canadian but don't believe all the hype

Old
01-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade

just like TSN and their

i'm sorry but everyone should listen to themselves.. all caught up in the media and believing every word they say

I am 100% sure that crosby would try and get under ovechkin/kovalchuk's skin if he could.. dont u remember "Cocky" crosby yelling at gonchar.. "gonch gonch u gotta work harder" or sumthing like that.. how do u think he feels having some punk *** 18 year old telling him what to do.. how do u think the pitts team feels that some 18yr old gets an "A" on his jersey while all the veterans that have been in the league for so long has gotta listen to some kid go on and on about how they don't put any effort..

WOW! Because I find Kovalchuk cocky, I think the same of all Russians! Geez. Kovalchuk is an amazing (offensive) player.
I find Ribeiro cocky too, so tell me, what does that mean, what conclusion can you come to?

When the best player on the team puts in an effort every game, I think he is allowed to push others to do the same. I do agree though, it would be hard to take from an 18 year old but you should still do it.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Live Forever

Quote:

just like TSN and their

What does telling you teammate to work hard have anything to do with being cocky? It's all about passion and wanting your teammates to play better so the team can win. Winning means more to some players than others and whether your a rookie or a veteran, winning is winning. Crosby wants to win. He was not telling Gonchar to be as good as him, he just wants him to put his complete effort.

Old
01-06-2006, 08:55 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
The good news is we are closer to drafting Kessel or Erik Johnson

Old
01-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Namso

if we don't win tomorrow, then possibly, when we play on wednesday, we could be in 12th place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhh

Old
01-06-2006, 08:58 PM
wade

Quote:
WOW! Because I find Kovalchuk cocky, I think the same of all Russians! Geez. Kovalchuk is an amazing (offensive) player.
I find Ribeiro cocky too, so tell me, what does that mean, what conclusion can you come to?
okay you are right, I am just overly fustrated after yesterday's WJC where they kept saying russian's had no heart.. blah blah blah and all that bs .. sorry for accusing you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever
What does telling you teammate to work hard have anything to do with being cocky? It's all about passion and wanting your teammates to play better so the team can win.
He was being a showboat for the nice little mic attatched to his body.. I don't agree with don cherry on many things.. but cherry has said it before and i see his point

Old
01-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Namso

Quote:
okay you are right, I am just overly fustrated after yesterday's WJC where they kept saying russian's had no heart.. blah blah blah and all that bs .. sorry for accusing you
I hate it when TSN does that man!!! They make us canadians seem like we're the most hard-working people in the world. Yeah i'm proud to be canadian, but that is some bs broadcasting.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso
I hate it when TSN does that man!!! They make us canadians seem like we're the most hard-working people in the world. Yeah i'm proud to be canadian, but that is some bs broadcasting.
Seemed like the Russians were working hard to me. They were hitting hard too (against the US aswell). They were extremely passionate, they played their hearts out and wanted to win that game really bad. Fortunately, team Canada was better that night.

Wade: I agree, Russians get a bad rep, it's a generalisation that is not deserved. Kovalchuk on the other hand.

Old
01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Crosby is that way because he is a natural leader and he wants to win. Is he supposed to just sit there and watch his team put in a half-assed effort and lose night after night? He is better than anyone else on that team and works harder than those veterans that he should be respecting. No matter how old you are, you need to earn respect. He might be 18 years old but he's no kid.

Old
01-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-Dawgs

The Habs have four games in hand on the Thrashers

Old
01-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

The Habs could definately use some players that are COCKY.... I would love to have either Kovalchuk or Crosby on Montreal....

Old
01-07-2006, 01:00 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso
if we don't win tomorrow, then possibly, when we play on wednesday, we could be in 12th place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghhhh
One game at a time partner.... I think the Habs are going to catch the Sens napping and come away with a win...... DID I JUST PREDICT A HABS WIN TOMORROW...... Let me think about this for a minute.... Yes the Habs win a close one tomorrow

Old
01-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan
The Habs have four games in hand on the Thrashers

Habs also had 3 games in hand on the Leafs with a 2 points lead recently... The games in hand don't matter if you can't win.

Closed Thread