HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Atlanta Thrashers @ Pittsburgh Penguins -- Jan 7th

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2006, 04:55 AM
PJT

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade
Gonchar had Kovalchuk in a position where he could have just completely decimated him, but he not only opted to let up, he completely stopped skating. Kovalchuk was completely oblivious too, he wasn't even looking ahead. Get well soon Brooks.

Russian buddies?

Old
01-08-2006, 11:27 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

well, just my thoughts from the game.

Gonchar actually played a good game, adn Malone looked inspired.

The refs were some of the worst I've seen. Absolutely terrible. Cost us the game. It's the first time in years I've heard the crowd chante "bull ****"! Not to say all of the penalties were bad, but you can't call Crosby for diving when I counted at least six dives by the Thrashers. Kovulchuk could easily bring home the gold for the Russian Olympic divers.

Powerplay looked bad despite getting two goals. PK is still passive.

All in all the Pens did play a good game, but the refs had a large hand in the Thrashers win.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:39 AM
The Pens Are Back*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyNightInDaBurg
The irony in all this is that it's a lot easier to have a physical presence in hockey than it is in football. In football, you need the vast majority of your players to be dominant physically in order to be considered a physical team. In hockey, to have a physical presence all you really need is a couple of intimidating players. ?

i've been trying to use that analogy for years on other boards. but, i used to see replies of that's not "penguin" hockey. what a pathetic excuse.

thats why i love taking in a canuck flames type of game last night. thats how hockey is supposed to be played. scoring, hitting, emotion

Old
01-08-2006, 12:04 PM
st5801

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANDOAL
I screamed the same exact thing myself. YOu could see the puck just sitting in front of KL and the whistle blows. Baffling performance my the officials tonight, but the Pens have had this done to them before this season.
I'm not starting a "it was all the refs fault" post or anything, because it wasn't. There were a ton of factors, and most of them can be blamed on ourselves. That said, the refs could have been better in both games against Atlanta.

It was also the same refs (at least some of the same) that we had against Calgary over a month ago. In that game, they awarded Calgary a goal that hit the crossbar and failed to review it. We ended up losing by one goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
The refs were some of the worst I've seen. Absolutely terrible. Cost us the game. It's the first time in years I've heard the crowd chante "bull ****"! Not to say all of the penalties were bad, but you can't call Crosby for diving when I counted at least six dives by the Thrashers. Kovulchuk could easily bring home the gold for the Russian Olympic divers.
Yeah, not to mention they called hooking as well on Atlanta when they called Crosby for diving.

Last edited by st5801: 01-08-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old
01-08-2006, 01:38 PM
pei fan

Yes the Pens are getting screwed over bt the refs this year but I've noticed they are not alone.Columbus has had some absolutely awful officiating against them this year and lately anyway I've seen Ottawa get the short end of things. Toronto, Calgary,Philly, and Atlanta are teams I've noticed that seem to get favourable officiating.Mind you I don't see every game so it could be a coincidence.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
well, just my thoughts from the game.

Gonchar actually played a good game, adn Malone looked inspired.

Powerplay looked bad despite getting two goals. PK is still passive.

All in all the Pens did play a good game, but the refs had a large hand in the Thrashers win.
I thought I heard that chanted after the Thrashers' third goal, but I wasn't sure as I was a little suprised by it.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Ironman18

Send a message via AIM to Ironman18 Send a message via Yahoo to Ironman18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tcryforme,cassie
I thought I heard that chanted after the Thrashers' third goal, but I wasn't sure as I was a little suprised by it.
I had me a nice hearty laugh hearing that chant

Old
01-08-2006, 02:41 PM
st5801

Quote:
Yeah, it was loud and clear after the unsportsmanlike conduct on Crosby and the Thrashers third goal. I'm sure the Pens will hear some complaints about it, though. You should have seen the surprised look on the face of the dad with his little kid in front of me.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
And everyone round me was chanting, even these 6 year old kids in front of me were out for blood.

Old
01-09-2006, 02:20 PM
formsoldier*

It's beyond me, how no one got mad during Alanta's 3rd goal. Not even Fleury, and he had a damn KNEE in his face even AFTER the goal too, never mind the goalie interference before the the puck slid in. And the refs holding on to the whistles like a virgin's keeping her legs together.

Horrible game, both wimpy and bad play by the Penguins, and terrible officiating. What's the suspension for suckerpunching a referee or just hitting them or smacking them in the face? 1 game? I'd take that.

Nevertheless, someone should've hammered Kovalchuk steadily into the boards (or at least done some kind of cheap shot on him, a spear or a hit from behind or a headshot.. whatever really).. but nothing.

Pathetic. Now we have to wait and hope for some other team to smash him, which probably won't happen anyway, and even if it does it won't be as sweet as if we'd be the ones handing out the punishment.

Ilya Kovalchuk ***** us in the arse, twice, and we did nothing. Absolutely NOTHING to send him a message. We just bent over and let him do his thing. Kovalchuk 2, Penguins, NULL (non-existent).

Old
01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
phillypensfan

Send a message via ICQ to phillypensfan
Yep I agree...I too was hoping for someone to run the cocky little punk. Here's hoping to a player from another team getting a good shot on him sometime soon.

Closed Thread