HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

After five games.....

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Belcriss

vCash:
After five games.....

Amazing how much better a team can look after two solid games of 60 minute efforts. BUT..... rookie goalie for the Avalanche, and its only the Sabres. Players that really stood out in the last two games: Smyth, Staois, Hemsky (that pass on the PP vs Avs was insane!!!) Reasoner, Yorkie, SEMENOV (why wasn't this guy in the lineup before tonight?) Dvorak, Smith, Cross, Ferguson, Torres, Horcoff, Laraque, Pisani, Conklin, Salo, Brewer, MAB, Chimera, Moreau. I mentioned all but one because it was a whole team effort, its amazing what 60 mins of hard working hockey will produce. We lacked this kind of grit and determination in the first three games, and after these last two, I have to say that this bunch of guys may live up to the accolades some of the posters were giving them before the season started. BUT, they have to maintain this level of intensity. I don't care who ya are, you have to admit this team is even better with Comrie in the lineup than not. This team is capable of great things IF they play like this game in and game out. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WATCHING THE GAME TONIGHT AND ON THURSDAY. They were a team, and all the guys I mentioned above have really layed it all out on the ice.
Notice I left Isbister out? I am not impressed wth his play at all. I have to agree with what the Isle fans said last year regarding the trade of Niinimaa. Torres is a physical sparkplug, and Izzy is very inconsistant. I really would love to see Izzy step it up, and so far in his career he has only managed to disappoint.
I hope that when I ran the Oilers down in my last post (after three games) the Izzy responds like the whole team did these last two games.
IF Izzy has a coming out party, maybe we will finally beat the damn 'nucks. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OIL!!!!! Great game guys, more of the same!!!!

Old
10-18-2003, 08:15 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
Ya im wishing MacT would put Isbister with Hemsky and Smyth again because Isbister played so well with them during the preseason.
Dvorak seems to be picking up his play as of late and so has York with that buety goal tonight so put Dvo and york together with Horcoff and im sure the goals will be pileing up.

My Line for next game

Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky

York-Horcoff-Dvorak

Ethan-Reasoner-Pisani

Torres-Stoll-Larauqe

Old
10-18-2003, 08:32 PM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
i actually havent been all that unimpressed with isbister... i thought that the first 2 games of the year he played pretty well, and the sabres game he drove a few times also.... the avs game he was pretty invisible but with all the penalties he didnt get much playing time

i am also of the thinking that he should get on the top line for a game to see if he can get it going, i say this also because i dont like the idea of 2 rookies playing on the top line (hemsky and torres, i know their not *actual* rookies but you get the idea)... i think if you give izzy some good linemates he will play well

Old
10-19-2003, 09:50 AM
kraigus

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Izzy's played well, but he looks just as good playing with BG and Horcoff - and Torres seems to be doing better on Smyth's wing (damn that sounds funny). I really like the Izzy-Horc-BG line, they do a lot of punishing down low.

Closed Thread