HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Schell assigned to Chicago (AHL) from Gwinnett (ECHL)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2006, 04:03 PM
toph2o

vCash: 500
Brad Schell assigned to Chicago (AHL) from Gwinnett (ECHL)

From AHL Transactions page:

01/07/2006 Brad Schell (C) Chicago ADD Reassigned by Atlanta/NHL from Gwinnett/ECHL

I presume this is to replace Abid while he's in Atlanta.

Old
01-07-2006, 08:37 PM
lehtsrock

Send a message via AIM to lehtsrock Send a message via MSN to lehtsrock Send a message via Yahoo to lehtsrock
I've been looking forward to this callup since he was sent down.

He's scratched tonight, though. But this is the one and only Wolves game I have to sit out because I just got home from Minnesota. I hope he plays tomorrow, though.

Old
01-09-2006, 07:42 PM
lehtsrock

Send a message via AIM to lehtsrock Send a message via MSN to lehtsrock Send a message via Yahoo to lehtsrock
For those interested, Schell scored his first goal in his first game.

It wasn't a glamorous goal... it was one of those goals that had the speed of molasses and just barely crossed the line while the goalie was diving backwards from being out of position - but it was a goal no less! I had the chance to chat after the game and he is happily making himself right at home with the team.

BTW, is it pronounced SHell, or SNell? That sounds like a stupid question, but our commentators say SNell. Confused the crap out of me.

Old
01-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Holly Gunning

It's pronounced just like it's spelled. They must have read it wrong, or someone typed it wrong on the game notes. That happens way more times than it should in the minors.

Old
01-11-2006, 04:31 PM
accountant19

dont worry

They usually pronounce it Schnell or Snell up here in our small rinks in Saskatchewan. As most people don't seem to notice there is not an N anywhere in the name. Don't worry, I am sure he does not care how they say it, he is there to play and play well.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:49 PM
lehtsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Gunning
It's pronounced just like it's spelled. They must have read it wrong, or someone typed it wrong on the game notes. That happens way more times than it should in the minors.
That's what's weird though. Our commentators are great, and they make sure they know how to exactly pronounce a guys name before saying it. I've never heard them goof on a name before. That's why I was so confused.

Closed Thread