HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins-Capitals Proposal:

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2006, 03:58 AM
Slitty

vCash: 500
Bruins-Capitals Proposal:

To Boston:
Alexander Semin

To Washington:
Sergei Zhamnov
Sergei Zvinovjev

Basically a trade of players playing in Europe. Boston gets Semin, who despite a luckluster RSL season, says he will come back to the NHL to fufill his contract (he has almost completed military service by playing hockey) next year and will be a good 1st line player.

Washington gets Zhamnov to center Ovechkin and "help" him off and on the ice in the short term. Once Zhamnov is gone or before that, Washington can bring over Zvinovjev who has fallen out of favour with the Boston organization but is currently a top5, if not top3 center playing in Russia and still has potential to be even better as he is young. Would make an excellent linemate for Ovechkin based on his style.

What do you guys think?

Old
01-07-2006, 04:08 AM
weaponomega

I'd do this deal. We get rid of Zhamnov first, and second we get something in return for Zinovjev. I doubt at this point the Bruins would bring him over. He's making very good money in Russia, producing and is living in his home country.

Sergei had a very hard time with the transition from moving from Russia to North America. This trade would get rid of two headaches for the Bruins.

Add to that the Bruins would get an extremely talented player in Semin. I'm not sure what the story on him is though, so I can't really say if he'd even play for the Bruins or not. Is he staying in Russia over money issues? If so, then I doubt the Bruins pay him enough to lure him over here.

However, there is zero market for Zhamnov. I really doubt any team would take on his contract.

Old
01-07-2006, 04:18 AM
Slitty

Washington has the Cap room for Zhamnov, one of the few teams that is in dire enough need of a center to actually trade for him somehow or claim him off waivers.

Semin has a contract with Washington (3 years I *think*) but chose to stay in Russia to complete his mandatory military service by playing hockey in Russia (in leu of actual service). He said he would be happy to return to the NHL next season, and those are his plans. However, the Washington lawsuit against him may have dampened his outlook on Washington and he may need to go to a club to get a fresh start without any sour feelings.

He has been problematic for Washington, and Washington made problems for him... I think he might just prefer for a different team and I would think Washington's management would want to get rid of him if they could get something in return.

Old
01-07-2006, 01:00 PM
borro

No way from a Caps perspective. Would take alot more to land Semin.

Old
01-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
I'd do it from a Bruins perspective for sure.

Old
01-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Colt.45Orr

Zino played alot with Ovechkin last year in the RSL, no?

I think Zhamnov would really look good next to Ovechkin (who wouldn't)...and Zino and him could be a Savard-Kovalchuk-like combo for years.

I think it would take abit more to land Semin though... some more building for the future perhaps?

Zinovjev-Zhamnov-Alberts-Slegr

for say

Semin, Witt

Old
01-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
I'd the the 1st deal mentioned in a second...but if Mogilny clears waivers, what do you think Zhamnov's value is right now leaguewide?

The 2nd deal Colt proposed...I'd rather Alberts stay in Boston...maybe take him out and take Witt out...just give them Slegr too

Semin is gonna be a real offensive force...

Old
01-07-2006, 02:26 PM
borro

If you want to make a serious proposal start with Stuart. Otherwise you are just kidding yourself.

Old
01-07-2006, 02:32 PM
borro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss
I'd the the 1st deal mentioned in a second...but if Mogilny clears waivers, what do you think Zhamnov's value is right now leaguewide?

The 2nd deal Colt proposed...I'd rather Alberts stay in Boston...maybe take him out and take Witt out...just give them Slegr too

Semin is gonna be a real offensive force...
Let me make a similar proposal...

Samsonov is involved in trade rumours. How about we give you Cassels, Biron, and Yonkman? Deal?

Be serious guys you are way off.

Old
01-07-2006, 02:37 PM
bigeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty
Washington has the Cap room for Zhamnov, one of the few teams that is in dire enough need of a center to actually trade for him somehow or claim him off waivers.

Semin has a contract with Washington (3 years I *think*) but chose to stay in Russia to complete his mandatory military service by playing hockey in Russia (in leu of actual service). He said he would be happy to return to the NHL next season, and those are his plans. However, the Washington lawsuit against him may have dampened his outlook on Washington and he may need to go to a club to get a fresh start without any sour feelings.

He has been problematic for Washington, and Washington made problems for him... I think he might just prefer for a different team and I would think Washington's management would want to get rid of him if they could get something in return.

Where did you see that semin has "dampened his outlook on washington" could you please provide the link? According to zubrus and the washington times he wants to return to the caps http://www.washingtontimes.com/sport...0636-1060r.htm

i don't think just because the caps have the money to pay zhamnov they would make that trade it limits them in the future. yes they need a center for ovechkin but they can get better then an overpaid zhamnov in the future when they are closer to a playoff team.

Old
01-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
Let me make a similar proposal...

Samsonov is involved in trade rumours. How about we give you Cassels, Biron, and Yonkman? Deal?

Be serious guys you are way off.
Yes I know...thats why i wrote the thing about Zhamnov's leaguewide value obviously no sane Caps fan would want this deal...maybe the only guy you'd want is Zinovjev

Old
01-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
If you want to make a serious proposal start with Stuart. Otherwise you are just kidding yourself.
Our best defenseman for a guy you cant even get to play in the US? Who's kidding who? lol

Old
01-07-2006, 03:41 PM
txpd

Zhamnov's contract kills any interest that the Caps might have and thats before you notice that he can't play anymore.

IF the Capitals trade Semin, it will be to a salary cap strapped team trying to clear space to resign a core player or to a team with an RFA they can't get signed.

If the Capitals had wanted a player like Zhamnov, they could have gotten Mogilny who has less time left on his contract and has actually scores some goals.

I don't think Boston is a good trading partner for the Capitals right now.

Old
01-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I'd cut off my right arm before voluntarily taking on Zhamnov's contract.

If you believe his comments, Semin will be a Capital next year. No one knows what Zinovjev wants to do. Washington will stink this year, pick in the top three picks, and start next season with their draft pick, Ovechkin, Semin, Fehr up front, as well as a likely UFA center acquisition. On defense, they'll promote Mike Green to go along with Eminger and Morrisonn. Both of Eminger and Morrisonn are progressing well.

The Caps are doing fine, presuming one has the patience for a rebuild. This year was always going to be a write-off. The kids are taking center stage and improving quite a bit from month to month. It takes time, though.

Old
01-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Slitty

Quote:
No way from a Caps perspective. Would take alot more to land Semin.

Why not, have you been following Semin in the RSL?

Right now Zino is outperforming Semin by heaps. Zinovjev currently has 11 goals and 21 assists for 32 points in 33 games. Semin on the other hand has 5 goals and 7 assists for 12 points in 29 games. Zinovjev has also looked much better on the Euro tour.

This thread is made on the basis that Zinovjev is >>>>> than Semin by looking at his points-per-game case as compared to Semin's less-than-half-a-point-per-game pace. Zinovjev is also a center, with a style that would suit Ovechkin's, and he is young so he can be around the Caps in the long run through Ovechkin's golden years.

Taking Zhamnov is basically what Washington sacrifices to get Zinovjev and Bruins trade for the worse player to get rid of Zhamnov. Semin is a leftwinger like Ovechkin (and its a proven fact he can't play rightwing for the life of him) so he wont be playing with Ovechkin much. He may be fairly skilled, be Zinovjev is even more so and is vastly outperforming Semin... just because you haven't alot about him dosen't mean he is worse than Semin.

Old
01-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Semin may or may not be inferior/superior to Zinovjev, but Semin says he wants to play in the NHL, and says he wants to play for the Caps when his military obligations are out of the way.

No one quite knows Zinovjev's intentions. I'll take the guy who says he wants to be here.

Old
01-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37
Our best defenseman for a guy you cant even get to play in the US? Who's kidding who? lol
I believe he's talking about Mark Stuart, becuase he once suggested a Witt for Mark Stuart swap.

Even then, it's not deal.

Old
01-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Well, looks like Zhamnov may have messed up his ankle today, lower body, anyway. If there's any upside, HF can shelve the Zhamnov proposals for a while.

Old
01-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Ozy_Flame

I wouldn't trade for Sergei Zhamnov. The dude doesn't even exist!

Old
01-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
I wouldn't trade for Sergei Zhamnov. The dude doesn't even exist!
Zhamnov has a broken ankle, which was reported during the Bruins-Lightning games. The only place he's going is to the IR for the rest of the season.

Old
01-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Indeed. However, the poster was saying that there is no Sergei Zhamnov. The one who was floating on a bloated contract prior to his ankle injury is named Alexei.

Old
01-07-2006, 11:40 PM
stungun

as far as bruins fans are concerned we could of been paying the popcorn guy 4 million a year and had better production. zhamnov is history in boston he will be bought out this summer. i have been proposing that the caps look in to zinovejev for a couple of months now and now one cares to hear it. the guy is shrowded in mystery except for what your read and actually believe from russsianprospects.com. semin is one of the best players not in the nhl right now and boston would have to pitch in more if they wanted to steal him away from the caps. plus zino has to clear waivers if they wanted to bring him over this year and someone would probably grab him and i believe if he doesnt come to terms this summer with boston he walks for nothing.

Old
01-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Honestly, unless the Capitals hear something really negative from Semin himself as to his future intentions, I imagine they would prefer to get him back in the Fall. If something ELSE crops up after all that has happened, they might look to move on, but I have to think he is still very much in their plans going forward.

Shrug, I suppose we will see. Zinovjev is certainly productive, but he's a crapshoot since for all anyone knows, he has no intention of leaving the RSL. Semin says the NHL is his plan, and that means Washington unless Washington decides otherwise.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Amazing Oopah

Why does everyone here want to dump their team's ****** contracts on Washington?? You sign them, now live with them!

Caps aren't trading the rights to Semin just yet anyways. They have to see how his legal situation shakes out first.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:16 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

True enough... and just because the Capitals have salary cap room doesn't mean their budget is anywhere near $39M yet. In a year or two I think that payroll will rise, but there's no reason to think payroll will increase much this season.

Closed Thread