HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky Severely Injured (Injury Update!)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2006, 10:02 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Dubinsky Severely Injured (Injury Update!)

-----------------------------
Injury Update:

Dubi has a minor MCL tear that will NOT require any surgury and a deep bone bruise. He should be back anywhere between 2-6 weeks.

Could have been MUCH much worse, thankfully its not to serious.

-----------------------------

He was just taken off the ice in a stretcher after trying to dodge a check and ending up hitting knee on knee with the player.

Dubinsky laid on the ice for minutes while plays tried to help him up but he could not get up, hey laid there punching the ice in extreme pain with his eyes wide open yelling at times. The stretcher finally came out a few minutes later and his whole knee swollen so bad that they will not be able to take any x-rays until Monday.

Hopefully he isn't out for months, doesnt sound good at all when the word stretcher is used. And once you hurt your knee..its never the same and is always more injury prone.

Such a shame, he was having a huge season leading the league in points per games played and 3rd in the entire league in points.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 01-10-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old
01-07-2006, 10:06 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
He was just taken off the ice in a stretcher after a vicious knee on knee hit I just found out.

Hopefully he isn't out for months, doesnt sound good at all when the word stretcher is used. And once you hurt your knee..its never the same and is always more injury prone.

Such a shame, he was having a huge season leading the league in points per games played and 3rd in the entire league in points.

wow that would not be good. Whats ur link or source?

Old
01-07-2006, 10:08 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
wow that would not be good. Whats ur link or source?

WHL Message boards, the game is still going on so there is no press links out yet.

Old
01-07-2006, 10:25 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
WHL Message boards, the game is still going on so there is no press links out yet.

wow that is not a good sign, well maybe its nothing that bad.

Old
01-07-2006, 10:29 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Update: He will not make the trip out to Vancouver for tomorrows game and he will see the doctor Monday. Doesn't sound like he was taken to a hospital so thats good news.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:31 AM
Levitate

Quote:
And once you hurt your knee..its never the same and is always more injury prone.
eh, not necessarily, depending on the injury. if he screwed his ACL, they can fix it and most of the time as i understand it, it is as strong or stronger than before. i just takes a long time to heal fully.

now, if there are all kinds of other fun stuff that could go wrong...

really hope he's ok

Old
01-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Pizza

Sounds bad, but we'll have to wait and see. Dub's a tough one, bu this could be a big challenge for him. Wish him the best.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Edge

Between Cherneski, Kloucek and Blackburn; whenever i see a post like this I automatically get that sick feeling in my stomach.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:35 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Between Cherneski, Kloucek and Blackburn; whenever i see a post like this I automatically get that sick feeling in my stomach.
Ohhh man, i hear ya.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:37 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Personally, playing soccer as often as I do, I have a deep deep fear of knee and facial injuries. I'll keep Dubinsky in my thoughts, regardless of his career with the Rangers. I hope he's ok.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:46 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
This may sound stupid and all, but, you'd think after the amount of knee injuries that occur due to -contact- and not as much due to something like a twist or anything... they'd possibly come up with a stronger padded device or something, or maybe some kind of brace that could prevent hyperextension as well... they've gotten so much better at keeping your thumbs from snapping with today's gloves...its a shame that it doesnt see the amount of advancement has made it into shinguard/knee gear.... yet?

Old
01-08-2006, 03:30 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I've thought a lot about this as well (I really should have gone for a masters in bioengineering ). Ultimately, I don't think such a device would be widely used, as it would limit mobility and players would never accept that.

I've never understood why most forwards don't play with Adam Graves-style back protection, but they don't for some reason. It must be a comfort issue.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:58 AM
Edge

The problem with hockey is that a lot of equipment comes down to comfort and mobility.

There is equipment out there that can better protect everything from eyes to knees to backs, etc. But if someone doesn't use it and they get that extra jump on you, you end up ditching it as well.

It's kind of a catch-22 in that way.

The problem with a lot of equipment is also that the it's not perfect. The knee is a hard thing to protect because you need maximum movement from it. Any part of your body that is responsible for motion is a tough area to protect. I'm sure there are ways out there, but they almost all come with a drawback.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:03 AM
natureboy*

Quote:
This organization has horrible luck. Plus remember all the years richter and leetch went down with long season ending injuries.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:22 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
This organization has horrible luck. Plus remember all the years richter and leetch went down with long season ending injuries.

I think if you look at any team in Hockey they all have their share of disappointing injuries. Hockey is a tough game.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:28 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Then, things opened up again. Kamloops went for a stretch play, up ice transition rush and might have had a good scoring chance, but Hawks’ defenseman Michael Sauer broke the play up and made a sensational long, outlet pass to Balan, behind several Kamloops defenders.

Quote:
Portland struggled breaking out of its own end, but did not pay for the turnovers as Michael Sauer, in particular, and the rest of the defense played fairly smart.

Seems like Michael Sauer had another good game. Trying to minimalize a bad news thread ...

Old
01-08-2006, 11:36 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Seems like Michael Sauer had another good game. Trying to minimalize a bad news thread ...

Michael Sauer always has a good game....seriously.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:48 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Michael Sauer always has a good game....seriously.

I know. We got a good one. He's the forgotten one with Marc Staal around.

I am a bit enthused about the Ranger scouts lately. It seems they have guys rated higher than other teams (Tytuin,Sauer) that will turn out to be "1st round" talent.

He should have been on the USA WJ team.

Old
01-08-2006, 12:04 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:

I am a bit enthused about the Ranger scouts lately. It seems they have guys rated higher than other teams (Tytuin,Sauer) that will turn out to be "1st round" talent.

Agreed, I was shocked to see he didnt make it, he much more solid then half the defensmen they picked, next year he will make it....if he doesnt..

Old
01-08-2006, 12:17 PM
eco's bones

Hate this. Brandon's one of my favorite prospects. I have him at No. 5. Hopefully if it's knee surgery it's not both the MCL and ACL and he'll be ready by next training camp.

Old
01-08-2006, 12:19 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Agreed, I was shocked to see he didnt make it, he much more solid then half the defensmen they picked, next year he will make it....if he doesnt..

Someone NOT a Ranger fan has a post in the prospects thread about the 2007 USA WJC. This is his comment on Sauer.

Quote:
Michael Sauer- PLEASE PICK HIM! Solid as a rock, hits like a train, and by the way scores in bunches. Again, CHL snubbed, but we will see the light on him.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:22 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Does anyone know who is responsible

Quote:

for the quality level of the scouting department? There are more than just Tyutin & Sauer. Prucha, Lundqvist, etc.

Old
01-08-2006, 10:53 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

The piece of garbage who cheapshoted Dubinsky has been suspended by the WHL. I hope hes done for the season just like Dubinsky most likely is.

http://whl.ca/transactions/transactions.php?id=3425

Travis Dunstall - Suspended under supplemental discipline for kneeing at Portland on January 7

Old
01-09-2006, 12:47 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Like Edge said the equipment has to feel comfortable and allow the player to still be mobile. The thing with knee-on-knee injuries is that you could have new equipment made but it wont help because when these incidents occur players can get hit soo many different ways whether it is indeed knee-on-knee or hip-on-knee, etc., that equipment cant really protect the way the knee is twisted or hit the wrong way. All the equipment can really do is prevent the amount of swelling.

On Dubinsky, I am very pissed. I have him ranked very high on the Rangers list, and would love for that player to be suspended for a long time. Brandon was having a great season with the high probability that he would go into camp next season and get a contract from the Rangers along with Bahensky, Callahan, Sauer, and maybe Russell.

Old
01-09-2006, 12:52 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
eh, not necessarily, depending on the injury. if he screwed his ACL, they can fix it and most of the time as i understand it, it is as strong or stronger than before. i just takes a long time to heal fully.
strength maybe - flexibilty and quick reflexes....nope. it doesnt mean its over, but you never really get back to 100%....though it happens to all of us in time.

Closed Thread