HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

funniest Afterhours show EVER!!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 08:29 PM
outKast*

vCash: 500
funniest Afterhours show EVER!!!

hahah that was a very entertaining post-game show. Isbister got a face full of PIE thrown on his face on LIVE T.V.! (courtesy of Raffi Torres) That must have been so damn embarassing. Who else saw this?

Other than that, Izzy answered some really good questions. P.S. GOOD Game by the Oil.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:52 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

It didn't seem to me that Brad was impressed at all about that. Torres better watch his back.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:55 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I saw it - and I think Izzy handled it great! I mean sure if your in the dressing room he probably says, "WTF who the hell was that?! I'm going to get you you mother f*@#er!" (while laughing). I think it was all good fun, and I'm sure he'll get his revenge on the rookie!

Old
10-18-2003, 09:40 PM
The Produce Man
Master of Puppets

I didn't catch it. Did he happen to mention the Linden/Jovanovski incident at all from last week?

Old
10-18-2003, 09:47 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

these guys are young and full of uhhh well you know. good to see the team pulling together. you need a guy like raffi to calm a room down and have some fun. either way these young guys have a great future, great to see they are having fun, WHAT A LIFE BEING AN EDMONTON OILER.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:50 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck 19
I didn't catch it. Did he happen to mention the Linden/Jovanovski incident at all from last week?
Yes, they did - he said how he thought that the hit was perfectly fine, but with the fans reaction, and how hard of a hit it was that he under-stood why Jovonovski was coming after him - he also talked about how he wasn't worried about hitting Jovo just protecting that lip and all the work he had just done on his mouth!

Old
10-19-2003, 05:26 AM
Oilhitch

It was great to see the guys having fun after a big game. Just goes to show that the Oilers dressing room is continuing to be a close group of guys.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:39 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
these guys are young and full of uhhh well you know. good to see the team pulling together. you need a guy like raffi to calm a room down and have some fun. either way these young guys have a great future, great to see they are having fun, WHAT A LIFE BEING AN EDMONTON OILER.
no kidding... again, it begs the question: what the hell is comrie's problem? this is a great team with great character players and great (Although demanding) fans. comrie is such a freakin suck. i hope he is starting to realize what he's missing out on.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:55 AM
Thalia

I've already commented on this incident in the GDT but briefly again: I wasn't at all impressed nor amused at Torre's immature prank.

Isbister looked extremely embarrassed as did the other two gentlemen on the show. Somehow I fail to see the humour in watching an invited guest get a pie smashed into his face while being interviewed on national television.

As I've mentioned before, perhaps Torres could have waited until the interview was over before pulling the prank or caught Isbisiter walking back to the dressing room and it wouldn't have ruined the interview. That's right Torres did in fact ruin the interview, at least for me he did. There's a time and a place for everything and I think that Torres was way off in both his timing and the place but that's just my opinion.

I thought Isbister handled himself remarkably well considering the uncomfortable situation he was thrown into; good for him. If future episodes of the After Hours Show include embarrassing the hell out of their guests then I know I for one won't be watching it. I don't think that will be a regular feature on the show though... god I hope not.

Old
10-19-2003, 11:01 AM
outKast*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
I've already commented on this incident in the GDT but briefly again: I wasn't at all impressed nor amused at Torre's immature prank.

Isbister looked extremely embarrassed as did the other two gentlemen on the show. Somehow I fail to see the humour in watching an invited guest get a pie smashed into his face while being interviewed on national television.

As I've mentioned before, perhaps Torres could have waited until the interview was over before pulling the prank or caught Isbisiter walking back to the dressing room and it wouldn't have ruined the interview. That's right Torres did in fact ruin the interview, at least for me he did. There's a time and a place for everything and I think that Torres was way off in both his timing and the place but that's just my opinion.

I thought Isbister handled himself remarkably well considering the uncomfortable situation he was thrown into; good for him. If future episodes of the After Hours Show include embarrassing the hell out of their guests then I know I for one won't be watching it. I don't think that will be a regular feature on the show though... god I hope not.
i thought it was funny and isbister is a good sport. he did not take that to heart, cuz that's what guys do in sports teams. i've been on 14-15 soccer teams and every season that i play the rookie always gets picked on to do something stupid. it's just what guys do to stick together as a team. They do it to remind eachother that it's only a game. Weight, Laraque and Guerin always pulled pranks on eachother. they're just passing along the Oiler traditions. besides, Raffi had his head down down and said softlyt.."..sorry" before he smashed the pie on his face. So you know he was dared to do it. It's all in the fun.

Old
10-19-2003, 11:09 AM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
Ya i think it was Mr Laraque's idea because you could see him in the backround laughing his head off but i think it's all in good fun and i dont think it really ruined the interview.

Old
10-19-2003, 12:00 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
Ya i think it was Mr Laraque's idea because you could see him in the backround laughing his head off but i think it's all in good fun and i dont think it really ruined the interview.
Considering he got "pranked" his first time on After Hours (Jules-Edy called from Halifax, I believe it was) he probably figured it was time to get somebody else.

Old
10-19-2003, 12:01 PM
nikeisevil

Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
I think the prank was all in good fun. There was nothing wrong with it. After all - this is hockey - not Charlie Rose. Besides - the last thing I want to hear is another hockey player spew out how they've got to "Give 110%" or "wait for opportunities"... blah blah blah.

That pie in the face routine turned what would normally have been a boring hockey player interview into an event and gave us the opportunity to see more of Isbister's personality then we would have otherwise.

Kudos to Torres!

Old
10-19-2003, 12:15 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Ya, if Thalia is that up-tight I don't think I'd want to be a team-mate or co-worker or anything of the sort with him/her (not sure sorry). You see the pie in the face during an interview happen dozens of times in sports during interviews through out a year. It was def. BG who put him up to it, as Raffi wouldn't have given that apology before he did anything if it was his choice to do it willingly. I thought it was great - good to see everybody lose and relaxed after such a game!

Old
10-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Ya, if Thalia is that up-tight I don't think I'd want to be a team-mate or co-worker or anything of the sort with him/her (not sure sorry). You see the pie in the face during an interview happen dozens of times in sports during interviews through out a year. It was def. BG who put him up to it, as Raffi wouldn't have given that apology before he did anything if it was his choice to do it willingly. I thought it was great - good to see everybody lose and relaxed after such a game!
Hmmm, so now I need to "lighten up" b/c I'm too "uptight". Could be or maybe it could be that I've never found the pie-in-face-prank to be especially funny. At least Torres/Laraque could have come up with something a little more creative than the old pie prank if they felt the need to lift the lockerroom spirit.

I'm not against joking around or playing harmless pranks, actually just the opposite... I'm usually the first one to think up some sort of joke/prank to play on someone else. Go check out the meaning of Thalia and you'll know that I do appreciate good comedy.

However, totally embarrassing a person in any situation whether it be on national TV or in my home isn't my idea of loosening up and having a good time. Sorry, never was, never will be.

On another note: Why the heck didn't CBC take a timeout so that Isbister could go and wash his face properly? I kept waiting for it to happen but it never did. At least that would have made things a little easier to take for us uptight ones.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:00 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
nikeisevil[/b]] ... an event and gave us the opportunity to see more of Isbister's personality then we would have otherwise.
Isn't it a natural gas to bask in the glow of a now flared and contained Oilwell blowout where the visiting dream-team were surprised by the run & gun roughnecks. And in the post show Brad was had and BG was bad and no one was sad except the melted down Avs. Isbister got pie-eyed and was still able too drive himself home.

Thalia are you Brad's Mother?

Old
10-19-2003, 01:04 PM
outKast*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer

Old
10-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer

No I'm not but if I were I'd be sending Torres a nice little exploding pie package in the mail. Only this pie would be made strictly of blue ink.

There are soooo many ways of having fun with people... I just don't think it has to come to embarrassing them on national TV. But again, that's just my opinion.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:27 PM
Easilee 27

Your amusing no one, that was freakin' hilarious, espescially the way it totally screwed up Scott Oake. Man he's pretty bad on After Hours, what happened to Scott Russell?

Old
10-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Doesn't anyone remember how Ryan Smyth was on last year after an Oilers/Red Wings game at the very end Kris Draper started throwing orange peels at Smyth from offscreen? That was pretty fun

Too bad I missed AH last night...sounded cool...

Old
10-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easilee 27
Your amusing no one, that was freakin' hilarious
I'm assuming that you're directing that comment to me. I like to think that I'm a little more creative than whipped cream up the nostrils when I amuse people. But then again if you're truly amused by that sort of thing... you're right you would find me terribly boring.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:39 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

The pie in the face isn't a new idea??? NO WAY!!! Who cares - it's funny - thats why it's been around so long - the vast majority of people found it funny - and from what I saw it didn't terribly bother Izzy more then any prank is suposed to bother a person - but hey, we may have seen something different in that little grin on his face after

Old
10-19-2003, 01:39 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
at the very end
That is the key point I've been trying to make today. It's all about timing. IF Torres had thrown the pie at the END of the interview I wouldn't have thought it a big deal. I still wouldn't have thought it was funny but I wouldn't have thought it tacky either.

I'm trying to put myself in his position and all I can say is that I wouldn't want to sit there on national TV while licking cream off my mouth and out of my eyes etc. I doubt too many people would.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:40 PM
fedabiblio

[QUOTE=Thalia] whipped cream up the nostrils QUOTE]Now that is funny. It works best on inebriated individuals in deep slumber. Ahhhhh... good times those were as a stripper in a Norwegian strip circus.

Old
10-19-2003, 02:44 PM
Oilers Hockey

Thalia, grow up! It was a little prank and you're making it sound like Torres poured pigs blood over Isbister's head at the prom.

Closed Thread