HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Sharks Post Game Thoughts 01/07/06

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Rob Stauber*

vCash: 500
Kings Sharks Post Game Thoughts 01/07/06

Don't feed me the crap about us having all these injuries. A disgusting loss.

Luc Robitaille STINKS! Not only can he not even getoff a timer any more, but when he does, his stick breaks.

Frolov's got Demitra syndrome. He's gotta start playing hard.

We probably take the highest ratio of stupid penalties.

I would say something about Tim Gleason but I know it would fall on deaf ears, since he's the savior or some ****.

Garon should have had that 3rd one. That was his goal, plain and simple.

Old
01-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
Luc Robitaille STINKS! Not only can he not even getoff a timer any more, but when he does, his stick breaks.
Are you being serious? He was clearly one of the best Kings and had 3-4 excellent opportunities (especially the one that hit the crossbar).

Old
01-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Garon should have had that 3rd one. That was his goal, plain and simple.
The 3rd one? That was an absolute perfect shot. The second one, maybe, but the third one? I don't think so.

Old
01-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Are you being serious? He was clearly one of the best Kings and had 3-4 excellent opportunities (especially the one that hit the crossbar).

What he did against phoenix was play a great game.

He didn't work for any chances today. It was Army and company working their *** to set him up.

He had about 7 or 8 chances where he was set up. He maybe got off half of those due to his ineptness.

Old
01-08-2006, 12:12 AM
somethingcorporate

A semi-disheartening loss since I thought we played alright as a team...

Other thoughts:
1. What the hell is with Frolov? Like some of you have already said, he looks like he is skating in slow motion...
2. Guiliano-Kanko-TK had a good game and created some chances (TK's penalties excluded of course)
3. Connor James...wow. He had a hell of a first game. Very impressed of course by his speed and acceleration.
4. Garon was solid, I think the 3rd goal was stoppable, but cannot be blamed on him. He made some great saves earlier and later in the game.

We played hard and battled, but came up just short. Let's rest up, hopefully Cowan and/or Parros can return to kill the Ducks on Monday!

Old
01-08-2006, 12:23 AM
mysteryman

Quote:
Don't feed me the crap about us having all these injuries. A disgusting loss.
Every is entitled to an opinion but in this case youre just happens to be illogical and ridiculous. When the Manchester Monarchs lose to an NHL team by one goal and you find that disgusting? Word to the Wise-when your NHL team is signing guys from the ECHL you know youre in injury troubles.

Please tell me your a semi new fan because from my perspective thats the only reason I could see someone being this negative...or just you're ignorant.

Team has nothing to be ashamed of...they played hard and lost to a better, well stocked rostered NHL team. Nice effort that came up short.

Old
01-08-2006, 12:26 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman
Every is entitled to an opinion but in this case youre just happens to be illogical and ridiculous. When the Manchester Monarchs lose to an NHL team by one goal and you find that disgusting?

Please tell me your a semi new fan because from my perspective thats the only reason I could see someone being this negative...or just ignorant.
Agree for the most part, but I don't think Rob Stauber's ignorant, just really pissed off...he should have waited a little while to post his semi-regular post-game thoughts.

Old
01-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Every is entitled to an opinion but in this case youre just happens to be illogical and ridiculous. When the Manchester Monarchs lose to an NHL team by one goal and you find that disgusting? Word to the Wise-when your NHL team is signing guys from the ECHL you know youre in injury troubles.

Please tell me your a semi new fan because from my perspective thats the only reason I could see someone being this negative...or just you're ignorant.

Team has nothing to be ashamed of...they played hard and lost to a better, well stocked rostered NHL team. Nice effort that came up short.

lol

Ive been a fan of this team since i was 5, you have no right to talk to me in such a disrespectful manner.

Old
01-08-2006, 12:43 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
lol

Ive been a fan of this team since i was 5, you have no right to talk to me in such a disrespectful manner.
and when will you be in your teens

but seriously, this was akin to deer hunting with a bb gun.

I'm annoyed with Bob Miller and the SCSR people pointing out how the power play is on track... it is NOT on track. Yeah, they have a PP goal in blah blah blah out of blah blah blah, but when you lose by a goal and go 1 for 7 on the power play, you can point to a dozen minutes of missed opportunities AGAINST THE 26th ranked penalty kill in the NHL.

They played a great 1st period, a lackluster 2nd period and a reasonably good 3rd period, but were no match for a healthier, stronger NHL caliber team. And, Kostopolous' penalties were dopey at best

Old
01-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
and when will you be in your teens

but seriously, this was akin to deer hunting with a bb gun.

I'm annoyed with Bob Miller and the SCSR people pointing out how the power play is on track... it is NOT on track. Yeah, they have a PP goal in blah blah blah out of blah blah blah, but when you lose by a goal and go 1 for 7 on the power play, you can point to a dozen minutes of missed opportunities AGAINST THE 26th ranked penalty kill in the NHL.

They played a great 1st period, a lackluster 2nd period and a reasonably good 3rd period, but were no match for a healthier, stronger NHL caliber team. And, Kostopolous' penalties were dopey at best
The PP is no longer the worst issue either.

The worst part is, we play great and then once we get a multiple goal lead, we get comlpetely dominated the. Then once the other team ties it or takes the lead, we start playing again.

Thats exactly what happened tonite.

We need to learn to play with the same urgency when we're leading as we are when we're not.

Thats what great teams do.

Detroit doesn't pack it in and play a defensive shell when they lead. Great teams pummel on you.

We have to learn to do that.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:37 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Now our penalty kill needs some serious work. What is it, 13 of our last 14 games we've allowed at least one powerplay goal?

Old
01-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Cammalleri, Brown, Gleason, Garon, Grebeshkov, Weaver, Kostopoulos, Parros, Giuliano, Kanko, James, Clarke, Ryan (and LaBarbera) were all playing in the AHL last season.

For the most part, the Kings pressed hard against the Sharks and outshot them. Unfortunately, they weren't able to get many second chances and rebounds from Nabokov, and the lack of finishers hurt them tonight (and Frolov's lack of effort didn't help). Luc had the best chances to tie the game and rung a one-timer off the crossbar.

Impressive debut by Connor James. I liked what I saw of him in this past years development camp where he was constantly used on the PK along with Matt Ryan. Giuliano, Avery, Cammy, Armstrong and James were the best forwards for the Kings tonight. If Giuliano continues to play this aggressively, I think he may have a spot on the roster eventually when some room clears up.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:58 AM
mysteryman

Quote:
lol

With all due respect....I find your opinion bordering on the ridiculous. Tubby and some of the others had it right-with this roster to almost eak out a point is a huge achievement. If you cant see the difference between the team suited up tonight vs the regular roster and yet still expect the amazing run weve had youre either incredibly optomistic, have the team incredibly overrated, or just very very poor at using sensical logical judgements when it comes to player personal and setting realistic goals.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:18 AM
Bandit

Quote:
you have no right to talk to me in such a disrespectful manner.

Luc? Is that you?

That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on these boards. Thanks.

As for the game, if you don't take injuries into account, you're riding the short bus. The kings wer without their best scorer, their best defensive forward, their 2nd best defensman, and their best hitter, not to menttion all theirr size is out of the lineup, among other things. But yeah, injuries are no excuse...

Old
01-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit
The kings wer without their best scorer, their best defensive forward, their 2nd best defensman, and their best hitter, not to menttion all theirr size is out of the lineup, among other things. But yeah, injuries are no excuse...

Fans like you are the reason why this team never feels any pressure, because the majority of the fan base doesn't seem to give a rat's ***.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Brodie562

How many players did we have on the ice that have only played in the NHL as Kings,

Frolov
Corvo
Cammalleri
Visnovsky
Grebeshkov
Ryan
Giuilano
Kanko
Gleason
James
Clarke

and 8 of them under the age of 25.

It was a loss so i wasnt happy but it was good to see all them out there on the ice, and was proud with the effort.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:27 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Fans like you are the reason why this team never feels any pressure, because the majority of the fan base doesn't seem to give a rat's ***.
I think you're smoking if you think that the majority of the fan base doesn't give a rat's ***. Not everyone feels the need to post a rant to vent our frustrations after a loss. We all care, but what good is it going to do complaining on a message board about the loss. It's over with, time to get ready for the next game.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:11 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I think you're smoking if you think that the majority of the fan base doesn't give a rat's ***. Not everyone feels the need to post a rant to vent our frustrations after a loss. We all care, but what good is it going to do complaining on a message board about the loss. It's over with, time to get ready for the next game.
Honestly... take a moment... how big do you think the "fan base" really is. Go to the games and look around you... do you see "fans" or people who were given tickets because the person in charge of the company's tickets bestowed a game upon you?

I TRULY believe the "fan base" in Los Angeles is less than 10,000 people. No one watches the TV broadcasts, and the radio ratings are lower than the minimum necessary to show up in the Arbitron books. They give us free popcorn to call in to a talk show, and Mike from West Hills ALWAYS gets through.

Fan base... SO SMALL. There are more Laker championship flags still adorning cars around Los Angeles than there are people who know the names of two people who play ice hockey for a living in Southern California.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Honestly... take a moment... how big do you think the "fan base" really is. Go to the games and look around you... do you see "fans" or people who were given tickets because the person in charge of the company's tickets bestowed a game upon you?

I TRULY believe the "fan base" in Los Angeles is less than 10,000 people. No one watches the TV broadcasts, and the radio ratings are lower than the minimum necessary to show up in the Arbitron books. They give us free popcorn to call in to a talk show, and Mike from West Hills ALWAYS gets through.

Fan base... SO SMALL. There are more Laker championship flags still adorning cars around Los Angeles than there are people who know the names of two people who play ice hockey for a living in Southern California.

Give this man an award.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:46 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:

To be honest, I agree and I dont think the injuries were an excuse for our loss. The team's best line was the Manchester line today and I thought they did great. So you can't really say that they slowed us down. Our weakness lay more in our remaining players, except Army, not stepping it up when they should have been the leaders out on the ice today.

Not to mention, it's funny how everyone rips on Kost's penalties when it was Conroy's penalty that was the dagger in our heart. We could have lived with Kost's penalties, in fact, unless my memory serves me incorrectly, I believe they did not score one goal on us becuase of his penalties. Conroy, on the other hand, was the one that handcuffed and sealed the casket on any chance we had at making a goal for overtime. Out of all the places to shell out blame, I don't get Conroy is the last one to be looked at.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:48 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:

unless I am mistaken, I don't think Reaper ever mentioned anything about the number of fans. All he was saying was that the fans care even if they don't go on a rant. What does that have to do with having a small fan base in LA? Completely irrelevant.

Quote:
Give this man an award.
why? For not responding to Reaper's post?

ok.

Old
01-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Bandit

Quote:
I'm sure the Kings players, coaches and mangement are hanging on every word and really feeling the 'pressure.'

Give me a break.

As for 'not giving a rat's ***,' I can only laugh as you have no idea how much I care, how much I support this (and every) Kings team, or how much I want them to win. I just understand that no amount of whining & complaining on an internet message board is going to change the fact that 1) the Kings lost and 2) that they have significantt injuries.

Might as well cry about the fact that the earth is round.

And to the person who said that the manchester line was not a weakness, I agree. The only problem is that while those guys were good energy players, they were replacing impact players on the ice. All the energy in the world isn't going to make up for the fact that Demitra or Brown, or Belanger, or anyone else who was hurt might have scored another goal or two if they had played.

Finally, As for TubbyTerrion's comments, I have season seats, and there isn't a single person that sits around me that fits that description. The Kings fan base is plenty strong, and to suggest otherwise is just ignorant.

Old
01-08-2006, 06:18 AM
KingsFan7824

The one thing I've learned is that you can't live and die with every single second, shot, bad pass, period, power play, goal for or against, game, week, month, injury, whatever. The Kings won't win every game. They won't hold every lead. They'll come back in a game or two, and lose the same way. They'll play great, and they'll play poorly. They'll look awful on a powerplay, and then score on the same powerplay.

Not as fun as a rant, but what can you do.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit
Finally, As for TubbyTerrion's comments, I have season seats, and there isn't a single person that sits around me that fits that description. The Kings fan base is plenty strong, and to suggest otherwise is just ignorant.
Just because they call it the "Die Hard section" doesn't make everone up there an actual Die Hard. Take some oxygen with you next time.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Bandit

Actually, I sit at center ice. Keep trying though.

Closed Thread