Notices

kovalchuk's recent behavior

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2006, 07:02 AM
blak_shade

vCash: 500
kovalchuk's recent behavior

Well, i recently watched both of atlanta's games against pitt, the first on TV, the second live. It's interesting to see kovalchuk and crosby building a little rivalry of their own, especially with kovalchuk's comments about crosby after the first game.
Some things came to mind:

Who is kovalchuk to criticize crosby? He has the mouth to sissy tease him, yet he doesnt have the berries to put his words to action on the ice.

Could it be that Kovalchuk is insanely jealous that crosby is receiving the media hype that kovalchuk could never could even dream of? Or could it be that kovalchuk wants a glimmer of the spotlight, now that even Alexander Ovechkin is making him look like a foolish has-been?

Old
01-08-2006, 07:07 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by blak_shade
making him look like a foolish has-been?
certainly, you're joking...foolish has-been who leads the league in goals and is second in points with HOW many points on the last few games????

right.

Old
01-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Polska

Quote:
Well, i recently watched both of atlanta's games against pitt, the first on TV, the second live. It's interesting to see kovalchuk and crosby building a little rivalry of their own, especially with kovalchuk's comments about crosby after the first game.
Some things came to mind:

Who is kovalchuk to criticize crosby? He has the mouth to sissy tease him, yet he doesnt have the berries to put his words to action on the ice.

Could it be that Kovalchuk is insanely jealous that crosby is receiving the media hype that kovalchuk could never could even dream of? Or could it be that kovalchuk wants a glimmer of the spotlight, now that even Alexander Ovechkin is making him look like a foolish has-been?
How exactly is getting 5 goals in 2 games, being the league leader in goals, and being only 2 points behind the league leader in points constitute as not having "the berries to put his words to action on the ice"? You lost me there penguin fan.

Old
01-08-2006, 07:19 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polska
How exactly is getting 5 goals in 2 games, being the league leader in goals, and being only 2 points behind the league leader in points constitute as not having "the berries to put his words to action on the ice"? You lost me there penguin fan.
Dude, I'm afraid we're both guilty of feeding a troll...

Old
01-08-2006, 07:34 AM
gamera

Quote:
Well, i recently watched both of atlanta's games against pitt, the first on TV, the second live.
Oh yeah, sorry your team didn't win either game. NOT!

Old
01-08-2006, 10:43 AM
flerd_trandle

Hey, guys. Looks like we've got a Portland Penguins fan in our midst.

It's a shame that guy doesn't have the common decency to wait for the corpse of that failing Pittsburgh franchise to get cold before starting up.

There's no substitute for class.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Twist and Shout

Uhh, he scored a hattrick in the first game, and two goals yesterday. To me, that's putting the words to action on the ice.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:04 AM
TORRUS

What Kovalchuk did was just great! But the most important thing is that he was able to back it up with great play on the ice. If he scord zero points in those two games then we could argue about showboating. But it turned out to be a perfect match (beating Pens on the scoreboard and putting Crosby down on earth)...

I keep my fingers crossed that Atlanta makes the playoffs because I'm dying to see them (and Kovalchuk) there!

Old
01-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Magnus Fulgur

This guy has three posts. They're all thread-starters, and two of those threads got closed.

Last edited by Magnus Fulgur: 01-08-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old
01-08-2006, 11:43 AM
StevenintheATL

And went over 18 months between his first post and second and third post. [Mr. Rogers voice]Can you say Troll........[/Mr. Rogers voice]

Perhaps they need an IQ test to join this site, but that would mean no more Pens, Leafs, or Rangers fans could join......

Old
01-08-2006, 12:43 PM
blak_shade

think i give a ***** what you guys think?

when i said put his words to actions on the ice, i meant trying to do a little more than going around and pulling constant cheap shots on an 18 year old kid. i mean, if he can showboat like he always does, why doesnt he have the berries to stand up to the guy? oh wait, he waited for a post-gave interview, where he was safe and sound, to take the opportunity to criticize crosby. what a jacka$$.

there is no denying that kovalchuk is undoubtedly one of the greatest goal scorers in the game today. there is also no denying that he is a wimp starving for media attention. all i asked was if he was feeling a little envious that crosby and fellow countryman A. Ovechkin were taking the spotlight from him?

Old
01-08-2006, 12:57 PM
RorschachWJK

Quote:

when i said put his words to actions on the ice, i meant trying to do a little more than going around and pulling constant cheap shots on an 18 year old kid. i mean, if he can showboat like he always does, why doesnt he have the berries to stand up to the guy? oh wait, he waited for a post-gave interview, where he was safe and sound, to take the opportunity to criticize crosby. what a jacka$$.

there is no denying that kovalchuk is undoubtedly one of the greatest goal scorers in the game today. there is also no denying that he is a wimp starving for media attention. all i asked was if he was feeling a little envious that crosby and fellow countryman A. Ovechkin were taking the spotlight from him?
Yes, I think he is loosing sleep over this

Old
01-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Safir*

Quote:
I (and I'm sure many others) gladly do the same in regards to you.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Fravashis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärppä32
I (and I'm sure many others) gladly do the same in regards to you.
amen

Old
01-08-2006, 01:24 PM
gamera

ignore it and it will go away

Old
01-08-2006, 01:29 PM
GetPucksDeep

Another guy who grabbed the avatar. That makes 5 or 6. It's the hottest pic on hfb!!

Old
01-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Fravashis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn
Another guy who grabbed the avatar. That makes 5 or 6. It's the hottest pic on hfb!!

come on, I had to ... it's a classic, and it put Crosby in his place. What could be better?

Old
01-08-2006, 01:36 PM
gamera

I LOVE it! All the various captions are really good, too. My fave has to be "Ovechkin is better," though.

Old
01-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Of course you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have come back and posted again.

Old
01-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Goldark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn
Redwing fan here, and chalk up another one. Kovalchuk is quickly becoming one of my favorite players and Atlanta's becoming my second favorite team.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:28 PM
blak_shade

just what i expected from trasher fans. if you assume im a penguins fan, how do you also assume that im so defensive about Alex Ovechkin, who plays for one of Pitt's biggest rivals? I wasnt saying Ovechkin was better than Ilya or vice versa, i was just asking if Ilya resents being second in terms of media hype. That's all.

Of course you will go out of your way to defend your players and ignore the topic subject, making you look even more foolish. It's a pity.

Last edited by btn: 01-08-2006 at 03:44 PM. Reason: removed inflamatory language
Old
01-08-2006, 03:32 PM
gamera

dude, scratch your arse and get glad

breathe.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:38 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I think it's kind of fun.

Both players are fairly early in their careers, so you'd better believe Crosby will get his back at some point.

Bossy and Gretzky didn't like each other either.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:41 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Alright, this one is done.

Closed Thread