HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

#14 Overall Charlie McAvoy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2016, 08:58 PM
  #76
617Marine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
Welcome to Boston, Chuck!

617Marine is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:00 PM
  #77
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnathan View Post
Im cautious. im 50/50 on it right now. I waited til the adrenaline has parted but I was absolutely sure Boston would take Chychrun, I mean, the guy fell into their laps. There has to be a reason why all the other teams passed on him too. I don't know.
he fell for a reason(s)

ODAAT is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:00 PM
  #78
ashnathan
Registered User
 
ashnathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
he fell for a reason(s)
That's what I just said

ashnathan is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:02 PM
  #79
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
True Grit
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Grumpville USA
Country: United States
Posts: 47,958
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I hear ya Wally, I heard/read plenty from those both far closer to the game and more connected to it than I`ll ever be who said they thought the kid had been passed by more than a few D-men, our newest B being one of em

Any reasonable individual would question why this kid dropped from 2 to what 16 ?
I mean thats 14 teams each spending literally millions on scouting and draft prep.

Any reasonable person should wonder why. And maybe just maybe come to the conclusion that perhaps these professionals just might know something I dont know.

But what the **** do I know.

__________________



You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Gee Wally is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:03 PM
  #80
ashnathan
Registered User
 
ashnathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Any reasonable individual would question why this kid dropped from 2 to what 16 ?
I mean thats 14 teams each spending literally millions on scouting and draft prep.

Any reasonable person should wonder why. And maybe just maybe come to the conclusion that perhaps these professionals just might know something I dont know.

But what the **** do I know.
You know Grumpy very well

ashnathan is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:03 PM
  #81
ChargersRookie
Registered User
 
ChargersRookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Azores
Posts: 1,658
vCash: 500
Considering from where he is from I am not surprised he would write that on Twitter.

ChargersRookie is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:04 PM
  #82
duffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan419 View Post
Bruins will regret not taking Chychrun for many years to come, would have also taken Fabbro over McAvoy who is likely just another Krug. Fabbro will be better and Chychrun is the home run they could have had.
Agree 100%.my pick was chychrun. Fabric, and McAvoy. Hope McAvoy doesn't turn into the next Stuart. I like Sweeney but the pick the local boy thing is just insane. The Habs tried this French first thinking for years to appease the fans with 0% success so I hope the B's don't fall to this way of thinking. Neely looked like he was going to puke with that pick so what does that say. I hope it works out but I haven't thought yuck since the B's took Stuart!
Duffy in Mineville.

duffy is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:07 PM
  #83
ashnathan
Registered User
 
ashnathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
Agree 100%.my pick was chychrun. Fabric, and McAvoy. Hope McAvoy doesn't turn into the next Stuart. I like Sweeney but the pick the local boy thing is just insane. The Habs tried this French first thinking for years to appease the fans with 0% success so I hope the B's don't fall to this way of thinking. Neely looked like he was going to puke with that pick so what does that say. I hope it works out but I haven't thought yuck since the B's took Stuart!
Duffy in Mineville.
Hes not local, but I don't like the "He goes to BU so we should take him" crap the panel were banging on about.

ashnathan is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:07 PM
  #84
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
True Grit
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Grumpville USA
Country: United States
Posts: 47,958
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnathan View Post
Im cautious. im 50/50 on it right now. I waited til the adrenaline has parted but I was absolutely sure Boston would take Chychrun, I mean, the guy fell into their laps. There has to be a reason why all the other teams passed on him too. I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnathan View Post
You know Grumpy very well
Hey, I give you tons of credit. Regardless of your conclusion on this at least you were willing to xercise some brain cells to get there.

You get an 'A' for the course.

Gee Wally is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:08 PM
  #85
ChargersRookie
Registered User
 
ChargersRookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Azores
Posts: 1,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
Agree 100%.my pick was chychrun. Fabric, and McAvoy. Hope McAvoy doesn't turn into the next Stuart. I like Sweeney but the pick the local boy thing is just insane. The Habs tried this French first thinking for years to appease the fans with 0% success so I hope the B's don't fall to this way of thinking. Neely looked like he was going to puke with that pick so what does that say. I hope it works out but I haven't thought yuck since the B's took Stuart!
Duffy in Mineville.
How is he local?

ChargersRookie is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:09 PM
  #86
ashnathan
Registered User
 
ashnathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Hey, I give you tons of credit. Regardless of your conclusion on this at least you were willing to xercise some brain cells to get there.

You get an 'A' for the course.
Believe it or not, I still do have faith in this front office. Sweeney is looking long term, a lot of us 'fans' want to win now but at what cost? He has a plan, lets take the trip with him.

ashnathan is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:09 PM
  #87
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
True Grit
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Grumpville USA
Country: United States
Posts: 47,958
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
Agree 100%.my pick was chychrun. Fabric, and McAvoy. Hope McAvoy doesn't turn into the next Stuart. I like Sweeney but the pick the local boy thing is just insane. The Habs tried this French first thinking for years to appease the fans with 0% success so I hope the B's don't fall to this way of thinking. Neely looked like he was going to puke with that pick so what does that say. I hope it works out but I haven't thought yuck since the B's took Stuart!
Duffy in Mineville.
Duffy, how far away do you need to grow up not to be considered a local kid?

Im curious.

Gee Wally is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:10 PM
  #88
VanIsle*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Comox Valley, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,969
vCash: 500
Only time will tell, wanted Chychrun but if McAvoy is the next Angelo Esposito I won't be mad.

Take a chance for once in your life Bruins, always the safe play not the ballsy one.

VanIsle* is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:14 PM
  #89
ashnathan
Registered User
 
ashnathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Only time will tell, wanted Chychrun but if McAvoy is the next Angelo Esposito I won't be mad.

Take a chance for once in your life Bruins, always the safe play not the ballsy one.
I thought taking 3 first round picks consecutively last season and picking players projected to go later was a bit ballsy?

ashnathan is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:15 PM
  #90
BaBaBruins
Ludicrous Speed Go!
 
BaBaBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargersRookie View Post
Considering from where he is from I am not surprised he would write that on Twitter.
I doubt it has anything to do with where he is from and more to do with being 16 years old in this day and age.

That really isn't even that bad, kids & even adults are far more cruel on the internet.

I can't wait for the show where they confront the worst of the worst on camera.

It is coming.

I hope Sasha Cohen is the confronter.

BaBaBruins is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:16 PM
  #91
ChargersRookie
Registered User
 
ChargersRookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Azores
Posts: 1,658
vCash: 500
How many on here are drunk?

ChargersRookie is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:17 PM
  #92
VanIsle*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Comox Valley, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnathan View Post
I thought taking 3 first round picks consecutively last season and picking players projected to go later was a bit ballsy?
It's was very nutty, cause why take the consensus guys when you draft terribly?hahahaha

Think they take Neimalainen at 29 or jump to a later ranked player? My guess is the later.

VanIsle* is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:18 PM
  #93
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Any reasonable individual would question why this kid dropped from 2 to what 16 ?
I mean thats 14 teams each spending literally millions on scouting and draft prep.

Any reasonable person should wonder why. And maybe just maybe come to the conclusion that perhaps these professionals just might know something I dont know.

But what the **** do I know.
I hear ya

ODAAT is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:21 PM
  #94
VanIsle*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Comox Valley, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,969
vCash: 500
They said he had a bad last game and was injured, but he could have emotional problems or something, who knows?

Why not take a chance on a guy that was a top 5 guy that dropped?

VanIsle* is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:21 PM
  #95
Pia8988
Registered User
 
Pia8988's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 6,148
vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
They said he had a bad last game and was injured, but he could have emotional problems or something, who knows?

Why not take a chance on a guy that was a top 5 guy that dropped?
Top 5 at the start of the year, not at the end though.

Pia8988 is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:24 PM
  #96
VanIsle*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Comox Valley, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,969
vCash: 500
Nice tweet McAvoy.

Hopefully not another unhappy Hamilton.

VanIsle* is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:25 PM
  #97
TeenageMutantNinjaBs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Who knows
Country: United States
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBaBruins View Post
I doubt it has anything to do with where he is from and more to do with being 16 years old in this day and age.

That really isn't even that bad, kids & even adults are far more cruel on the internet.

I can't wait for the show where they confront the worst of the worst on camera.

It is coming.

I hope Sasha Cohen is the confronter.
The date on the tweet seems to be around the time the Bruins were playing the Rangers in the 2013 playoffs, so he was probably just salty about the result of that series.

TeenageMutantNinjaBs is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:25 PM
  #98
Johnnyduke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,031
vCash: 500
Fluto is a BU guy so no surprise there

Johnnyduke is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:26 PM
  #99
ashnathan
Registered User
 
ashnathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Nice tweet McAvoy.

Hopefully not another unhappy Hamilton.
Not that it really matters, but his partner at BU was Gryzz so he at least has one close friend in the organisation.

ashnathan is offline  
Old
06-24-2016, 09:27 PM
  #100
ranold26
Oh them Bruins.....
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Nice tweet McAvoy.

Hopefully not another unhappy Hamilton.

Saw that.. The American audience has no clue about it.

ranold26 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.