HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Garrioch Rumor: Slava Kozlov for Skoula

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2006, 03:06 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

vCash: 500
Garrioch Rumor: Slava Kozlov for Skoula

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Sena...83974-sun.html

With Bondra coming back soon, it makes some sense for the Thrashers to shed F for D. It would also give the Thrashers some cap room as Kozlov is making 1.1 million more. In addition, Skoula does have history with Hartley from his Avs days.

Plus I remember hearing that Skoula has good puck poise.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
I don't like Skoula at all, he made a bunch of horrible give-a-ways before he got traded away from the Avs. And if you guys do make it to the playoffs you'll want someone like Slava, he was probably the most clutch performer in the playoffs during his time with the Red Wings.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:09 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 552
cue the Skoula puck poise joke.

He and Jaroslav Modry will do wonders.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
01-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
I think you've gotta look at the source. Garrioch is like Larry Brooks. I think Kozlov is worth a lot more than Skoula. Kozlov is a very useful player for the Thrashers. Skoula is nothing more than a number 5 defenseman who's a liability defensively.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:10 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Garrioch did have the Heatley trade request before anyone else. Perhaps he has a source in the Thrashers org?

Old
01-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Chaos

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I think you've gotta look at the source. Garrioch is like Larry Brooks. I think Kozlov is worth a lot more than Skoula. Kozlov is a very useful player for the Thrashers. Skoula is nothing more than a number 5 defenseman who's a liability defensively.
Clearly you haven't seen Skoula this year. He's really improved his game and has yet to have one of his patented 'Skoula' moments that he had with the Avs. I wouldn't do this if I were the Stars. Who steps in for Skoula? John Erskine? They don't need offense if it comes at the expense of an every day defenseman.

-Vagrant
Old
01-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Skoula has been just fine for the Stars this year. He isn't turning it over more than any of his teammates, in fact, you don't even notice him much. He does seem way too carefully when in offensive mode, probably as a result from his confidence ruing year for the Avs in 2002. He's been a fine #5, pretty neutral and unspectacular, yet still gets a lot of undeserved blame around here.

That said, I wouldn't have any problems dealing him, only problem is we don't have many defenders as it is. He is logging close to 20 minutes per night, and regardless of his play, that's too much for John Erskine.

Of all players, Martin Skoula is probably the most expandable, as we already have Robidas and Daley who can play his role, we'd just need a defenseman in return, not a forward. The Stars are trying to land Slava Kozlov since forever though, so that part I'm not shocked about, but trading a defenseman for a forward would be very, very stupid and senseless from a Stars point of view. But if the Thrahsers are looking to add defense, the Stars are probably the worst trading partner with their relatively poor defensive depth. Perhaps one of the Tjärnqvist's can be worked in to play with his brother?

Old
01-08-2006, 03:22 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Hartley was not a fan of Skoula in Colorado regardless of the amazing puck poise.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Skoula has been just fine for the Stars this year. He isn't turning it over more than any of his teammates, in fact, you don't even notice him much. He does seem way too carefully when in offensive mode, probably as a result from his confidence ruing year for the Avs in 2002. He's been a fine #5, pretty neutral and unspectacular, yet still gets a lot of undeserved blame around here.

That said, I wouldn't have any problems dealing him, only problem is we don't have many defenders as it is. He is logging close to 20 minutes per night, and regardless of his play, that's too much for John Erskine.

Of all players, Martin Skoula is probably the most expandable, as we already have Robidas and Daley who can play his role, we'd just need a defenseman in return, not a forward. The Stars are trying to land Slava Kozlov since forever though, so that part I'm not shocked about, but trading a defenseman for a forward would be very, very stupid and senseless from a Stars point of view. But if the Thrahsers are looking to add defense, the Stars are probably the worst trading partner with their relatively poor defensive depth. Perhaps one of the Tjärnqvist's can be worked in to play with his brother?
Tjärnqvist is up in Minn. now. Really would rather see the Thrashers get rid of Modry and bring up Popovic and keep Slava, even though he has disappeared at times this year. But he may end up centering the second line when Bondra gets back and you could see the last original Thrasher, Stefan get moved, or Aubin.

Old
01-08-2006, 03:38 PM
sparr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton
And if you guys do make it to the playoffs you'll want someone like Slava, he was probably the most clutch performer in the playoffs during his time with the Red Wings.
Quoted for truth. He holds the Wings' all-time playoff game-winning goal scoring record along with I believe the playoff OT goal record. The Wings have missed his opportunistic sniping in recent seasons.

Old
01-08-2006, 08:47 PM
sunb

I've always liked Skoula. I think he is a decent #5 defenseman now and will one day be a decent #3. I think a Kozlov - Skoula deal is fair.

Old
01-08-2006, 09:00 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
cue the Skoula puck poise joke.

Its all about the Puck Poise

01-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Magnus Fulgur

It's not the worst trade idea for either team, but ATL shouldn't do it because they're one heavy check to Savard away from being dangerously thin at center. Slava flipped to center at a crucial time and was a big part of getting the team clicking.

Old
01-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Slitty

I think the trading away of Slava would make Kovalchuk very unhappy as Kozlov seems to be his best friend on the team. I dont think Hartley would even want to risk impacting Kovalchuk's play by making him unhappy without very good reason.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:07 PM
DRL

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
hartley really did not like skoula at all, barely played him when it mattered in the playoffs, plus i hear kozlov and kovalchuk are really tight, so doubt this rumour.

i dont understand all these thrashers rumour dumps: kozlov, savard...makes no sense, they have one of the better offensive punch in the league and should make the playoffs now that lethonen is back so why blow up their team

Old
01-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Rob Stauber*

Bruce Garrioch has never met a rumour or ice cream sandwich he didn't like.

I'll take this with 3 grains of salt and some sugar.

Old
01-08-2006, 11:34 PM
AvsGuy

you have to take into account that Slava Kozlov is on pace for like 75 points this year. needless trade for Atlanta, IMO, especially if the return is Martin Skoula.

Closed Thread