HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev shoots, Rangers win...

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Leetchie

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Kovalev shoots, Rangers win...

I know it may not have been the direct result of Kovalev shooting, but wow, that was refreshing to see. In the first four games, I see him twirl around with the puck and he's magical with it but he didn't do much of anything except make attempts to set up teammates. Tonight, he shot the puck when he was in doubt, and it looked much better.

He's amazing with the puck, he still amazes me. The little passes that no one notices, very reminiscent of Adam Oates' passing and thinking (they both did it at any given time, no matter how their feet were moving, they were able to forehand or backhand a pass to a teammate on the tape in mid-stride).

His "shoot the puck" mentality certainly didn't hurt his playmaking.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:25 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
I know it may not have been the direct result of Kovalev shooting, but wow, that was refreshing to see. In the first four games, I see him twirl around with the puck and he's magical with it but he didn't do much of anything except make attempts to set up teammates. Tonight, he shot the puck when he was in doubt, and it looked much better.

He's amazing with the puck, he still amazes me. The little passes that no one notices, very reminiscent of Adam Oates' passing and thinking (they both did it at any given time, no matter how their feet were moving, they were able to forehand or backhand a pass to a teammate on the tape in mid-stride).

His "shoot the puck" mentality certainly didn't hurt his playmaking.

Kovy really is special, he's also a bull with the puck, really one of the few players that doesn't need to pass and you can see why he's been successfull by himself in the past.

It's not just Kovy that's shooting though, Lindros and Poti's goals would've not happened 2 games ago. They were both lucky snip shots, they probably would have tried to deke around the defenseman or drop it back for someone to rip a shot only to have it stolen and being rushed up the other way.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Kovy really is special, he's also a bull with the puck, really one of the few players that doesn't need to pass and you can see why he's been successfull by himself in the past.

It's not just Kovy that's shooting though, Lindros and Poti's goals would've not happened 2 games ago. They were both lucky snip shots, they probably would have tried to deke around the defenseman or drop it back for someone to rip a shot only to have it stolen and being rushed up the other way.
This next game against Detroit will pit the two most creative stickhandlers in the game against one another -- Kovalev and Pavel Datsyuk.

Should be amazing to watch...

Closed Thread