HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Victor Mete

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2017, 03:26 PM
  #351
angry pirate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
Im kinda lost than, why; wouldnt he, serg, juulsen not in the ahl already?
If you are drafted out of the CHL you can't play full time in the AHL until your 20 year old season, but once your team is done for the year you can come up and play some games. Juulsen likely will, Serg is in the Mem cup so he isn't eligible.

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 03:30 PM
  #352
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,228
vCash: 500
You can play in the AHL after your team (CH) is eliminated.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 04:01 PM
  #353
Locks
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
Im kinda lost than, why; wouldnt he, serg, juulsen not in the ahl already?
Sergachev's season is not over - Mem cup host. Juulsen can sign just like Mete and it is not clear why he has not. It could be because there is not really any more spots on the caps with Mete being added. Or Juulsen is nursing an injury.

Edit: from another thread:
"Something gleaned yesterday: Noah Juulsen headed to Montreal, but no word on if he'll join the IceCaps or just observe Habs playoff series."

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 04:25 PM
  #354
HOPE
Registered User
 
HOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
oh alright so i was kinda right exept you can play the AHL at 20 full time and play when your season is over. so he'll need to come back with london or NHL ( very unlikely) next season! Mete is my favorite habs prospect along with Reway!

HOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 04:48 PM
  #355
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
Sergachev's season is not over - Mem cup host. Juulsen can sign just like Mete and it is not clear why he has not. It could be because there is not really any more spots on the caps with Mete being added. Or Juulsen is nursing an injury.

Edit: from another thread:
"Something gleaned yesterday: Noah Juulsen headed to Montreal, but no word on if he'll join the IceCaps or just observe Habs playoff series."
Juulsen doesn't need to sign an ATO because his ELC is in effect this year. And there is no risk in burning a year on his ELC because AHL games don't count so even if he plays with the Ice Caps, his ELC will still slide.

But as the guy who tweeted the news that Juulsen is in Montreal, I'm thinking he's there as a Black Ace seeing as no one in St. John's is available now. But maybe Mete's ATO signing could mean one guy will join the Habs and leave a spot for Mete.

Adam Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 05:16 PM
  #356
Locks
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
Juulsen doesn't need to sign an ATO because his ELC is in effect this year. And there is no risk in burning a year on his ELC because AHL games don't count so even if he plays with the Ice Caps, his ELC will still slide.

But as the guy who tweeted the news that Juulsen is in Montreal, I'm thinking he's there as a Black Ace seeing as no one in St. John's is available now. But maybe Mete's ATO signing could mean one guy will join the Habs and leave a spot for Mete.
That's possible but not likely: Emelin is getting back in and with Davidson and Nesterov there, there is no need for another d like Lernout to sit while he can gain PO experience with the caps.
Thanks for the clarification on Juulsen's contract status.

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2017, 05:31 PM
  #357
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
That's possible but not likely: Emelin is getting back in and with Davidson and Nesterov there, there is no need for another d like Lernout to sit while he can gain PO experience with the caps.
Thanks for the clarification on Juulsen's contract status.
Staying on as a Black Ace in Montreal doesn't necessarily mean he will play. Like you say, when Emelin is back, Davidson and Nesterov are the guys who will play in case of a replacement. But every team has Black Aces that aren't there to really play games but mostly to practice and learn from the pros.

Danault was a Black Ace in Chicago's last Stanley Cup win in 2015. He never played a game and he was never going to. But he was there along for the ride learning by watching the likes of Toews, Kane, Hossa and co.

Adam Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.