HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Denis

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2006, 09:00 AM
rigger

vCash: 500
Marc Denis

Hey Guys,
How far away is Pascal Leclaire from being a starter in the NHL? IS he ready? The reason I ask this is because there are a few teams in the hunt for a starting goalie. There is us in edmonton, vancouver and the avs to name a few. There are a few goalies that may be out there come the trade deadline so the price may not be as high as usual for a goalie at the deadline. Do you think Mclean will shop Denis in the next month or two? What would you guys want in return for him. I'm just curious if there is any chance Leclaire is NHL ready and who you would trade if you had the choice to trade on of them. Thanks.

Old
01-09-2006, 09:08 AM
X0ssbar

I would respond Rigger but I am to Denis what Pubstar is to Fedorov . (those who visit this board fequently understand).

All I will say is that Denis has improved his game of late and Leclaire is very close to being ready to assume the #1 job. For the right deal anything could happen and GMDM hasn't really dropped any hints as to where he is going to go with his goaltending situation.

Here is a blurb from the Dispatch that may interest you though:

""Several NHL teams are looking for goaltenders, and Marc Denisí name is appearing in league newspapers as an object of interest. The Blue Jackets goalieís 123 saves in three games probably piqued the interest of scouts who might have been put off by his slow start.

Officials with Vancouver, Edmonton, and Tampa Bay have made no secret of the fact that they are interested in acquiring a goalie. The Blue Jackets arenít looking to deal, but other teams know that the teamís former first-round pick, Pascal Leclaire, is close to being ready, if he isnít already. Of course, Jackets officials would have to reach conclusion that Leclaire is ready to be the teamís No. 1 goalie, both now and in the future, and that he is preferable to Denis, before they would seriously consider a move."

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/spo...0106-D3-01.html"

Take from that what you will...

Old
01-09-2006, 09:56 AM
rigger

Cool. I wonder what Mclean would want back in a trade for either (but I would think they would move Denis first). Would you want prospects or picks, or a roster player? My thinking is if the oilers can acquire Malone for a decent price from pitts then we can trade off Torres with Malone taking his spot. Does this trade work.

Torres

for

Denis

Straight up. Torres adds secondary scoring and a lot of emotion. Gritty, hard hitter, crowd pleaser. Great impact player. Him and Brule play a very similar game. Hit a lot, score a lot and add grit and emotion. What do you guys think? If I am the oilers I would offer this to both Minnesota and Columbus.

Old
01-09-2006, 09:59 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger
Cool. I wonder what Mclean would want back in a trade for either (but I would think they would move Denis first). Would you want prospects or picks, or a roster player? My thinking is if the oilers can acquire Malone for a decent price from pitts then we can trade off Torres with Malone taking his spot. Does this trade work.

Torres

for

Denis

Straight up. Torres adds secondary scoring and a lot of emotion. Gritty, hard hitter, crowd pleaser. Great impact player. Him and Brule play a very similar game. Hit a lot, score a lot and add grit and emotion. What do you guys think? If I am the oilers I would offer this to both Minnesota and Columbus.
Personally, I'd rather skip the middle man and go after Malone ...

Old
01-09-2006, 10:31 AM
CBJSlash

Quote:

Torres

for

Denis

I would do that. Torres is a tank. He could take some load off of Nash from standing in front of net duty.

Old
01-09-2006, 10:38 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:

Torres

for

Denis

To paraphrase Shelf, I am to the Denis debate what I am to the Fedorov debate -- a raging apologist (though I havenít had to do much excuse making lately).

That said, Iíd definitely take this trade. Torres is only 24, has one 20 goal season under his belt and is well on his way to his second. Heís got a nice all around game.
I like Malone, but Torres is actually younger, and, I believe, better. Plus, he has a cooler name.
Iím not sure if Edmonton would make that trade though.

Jackets would need to pick up another goalie - maybe throw in a pick for Markaanen or Conklin as well. I donít think Prusek would clear waivers on his way back up.

Old
01-09-2006, 10:45 AM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash
I would do that. Torres is a tank. He could take some load off of Nash from standing in front of net duty.
I agree, I think a top six looking like this is very nice.

Nash - Federov - Vyborny
Torres - Maholtra - Zherdev

That looks very good. You have play makers and finishers on each line. Snipers on each line and Torres, when he doesn't score, he still is an impact player because of his big hits and emotion. I would not trade him for many players and I may get flamed by oiler fans for this. But I think it is a pretty equal team, it gives the BJ's a lot more balanced scoring and gives them PP depth and scoring ability form different lines.

Old
01-09-2006, 10:47 AM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
To paraphrase Shelf, I am to the Denis debate what I am to the Fedorov debate -- a raging apologist (though I havenít had to do much excuse making lately).

That said, Iíd definitely take this trade. Torres is only 24, has one 20 goal season under his belt and is well on his way to his second. Heís got a nice all around game.
I like Malone, but Torres is actually younger, and, I believe, better. Plus, he has a cooler name.
Iím not sure if Edmonton would make that trade though.

Jackets would need to pick up another goalie - maybe throw in a pick for Markaanen or Conklin as well. I donít think Prusek would clear waivers on his way back up.

Yes, I had forgot to throw in Conklin as a back up for you guys behind Leclaire.

Torres
Conklin

for

Denis

Closed Thread