HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Line Combos

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2003, 11:06 AM
  #1
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
New Line Combos

To be honest I'm all for re-unting Lindros-Holik-Barnaby if the team continues to struggle. At least it would give us a second scoring line. The problem would be that I dont really want to see Mess center a 3rd line.

I hate to say it but a Lundmark and ? for Comrie wouldnt surprise me. If the team looked like this in a month I wouldnt be surprised.

Barnaby-Holik-Lindros
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinski-Comrie-Carter
Lacatoure-Mess-Keefe

Not that this is my wish, because I like Lundmark. He may be a little overrated by us because he's our only legit young player at this time but he's still good and works hard.

If that Comrie trade doesn't heppen then how about this? If the Rangers keep playing like crap the next 3-4 games then somthing must be done and if Lindros and Holik can be a strong line then it could very wel be the only move.... let's be honest... Lundmark isn't single-handedly gonna jump start Lindros if he moves up.

Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Lundmark-Holik-Lindros
Lacatoure-Messier-Barnaby

Barnaby is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 12:02 PM
  #2
Bacchus
Registered User
 
Bacchus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dickes B
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Barnaby-Holik-Lindros
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinski-Comrie-Carter
Lacatoure-Mess-Keefe
That looks awful. 3 so called scoring lines and a 4th line. Plus, to get Comrie I guess the "?" has to be Tjutin or something like that...

Let's bet that this doesn't happen!!!

Bacchus is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 12:15 PM
  #3
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
That looks awful. 3 so called scoring lines and a 4th line. Plus, to get Comrie I guess the "?" has to be Tjutin or something like that...

Let's bet that this doesn't happen!!!
I never said I wanted it, but would you put it past Sather to go get Comrie? I wouldn't.

If the Lindros and Holik lines continue to struggle it might not be a bad idea o put them together again to try and get them going.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 12:16 PM
  #4
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
We're paying Holik to be our shut down centerman not our first line centerman.

If you're going to say that about Comrie, you might as well make lines including every overpaid former superstar available.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 12:19 PM
  #5
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
We're paying Holik to be our shut down centerman not our first line centerman.
I dont care what were paying him for, but it can easily be argued that Lindros and Holik both played there best last year when together. If they both continue to struggle you cannot afford to have just the Nedved line playing well. At least this way we could have 2 quality lines. Again... the big problem here is that you dont want Mess as a 3rd line center.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 12:21 PM
  #6
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I dont care what were paying him for,.
You sound like Sather.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 12:25 PM
  #7
Theoren Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
To be honest I'm all for re-unting Lindros-Holik-Barnaby if the team continues to struggle. At least it would give us a second scoring line. The problem would be that I dont really want to see Mess center a 3rd line.

I hate to say it but a Lundmark and ? for Comrie wouldnt surprise me. If the team looked like this in a month I wouldnt be surprised.

Barnaby-Holik-Lindros
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinski-Comrie-Carter
Lacatoure-Mess-Keefe

Not that this is my wish, because I like Lundmark. He may be a little overrated by us because he's our only legit young player at this time but he's still good and works hard.

If that Comrie trade doesn't heppen then how about this? If the Rangers keep playing like crap the next 3-4 games then somthing must be done and if Lindros and Holik can be a strong line then it could very wel be the only move.... let's be honest... Lundmark isn't single-handedly gonna jump start Lindros if he moves up.

Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Lundmark-Holik-Lindros
Lacatoure-Messier-Barnaby
I'm sorry but that doesn't make alot of sense. Why would we trade for Comrie and then play him on the 3rd line, and move Holik to play the first line, throwing our first line center out of position?

Theoren Fan is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 12:27 PM
  #8
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
You sound like Sather.
Who cares what he's making. He can be my #1 d-man, goalie, or analyst. Salary doesnt bother me.... whatever helps the team win!!! I think two good lines would be better then 1 good and two mediocre-bad lines. If Holik actually plays the role of a shut-down center then by all means leave him where he is, but have you seen that? I sure haven't.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 12:28 PM
  #9
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
I'm sorry but that doesn't make alot of sense. Why would we trade for Comrie and then play him on the 3rd line, and move Holik to play the first line, throwing our first line center out of position?
Again... my point wasnt that we should do it. I think Comrie could get dessimated in the more physical Eastern Conference. I mean that it wouldnt surprise me if we did.

Read it again: "I hate to say this but..."

Barnaby is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 12:35 PM
  #10
Theoren Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Again... my point wasnt that we should do it. I think Comrie could get dessimated in the more physical Eastern Conference. I mean that it wouldnt surprise me if we did.

Read it again: "I hate to say this but..."
I'm not complaining about the trade, I'm saying the line combos are bad

Theoren Fan is offline  
Old
10-18-2003, 08:27 PM
  #11
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,892
vCash: 500
I guess you remember the Holik/Lindros combo more fondly than I do. It worked for a little while, but the last 15+ games they were together, they didn't do squat. Of course, neither of them are doing anything much to speak of right now--less so Lindros, more so Holik--but Lindros is beginning to show a certain amount of chemistry with Carter and I happen to think that Lindros is a much better center than right wing.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 05:19 AM
  #12
Bacchus
Registered User
 
Bacchus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dickes B
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I never said I wanted it, but would you put it past Sather to go get Comrie? I wouldn't.
I never suggested that you wanted that. I just sad that we all should bet that it doesn't happen.

Bacchus is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 07:35 AM
  #13
RANGER#11
Registered User
 
RANGER#11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, New York
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
To be honest I'm all for re-unting Lindros-Holik-Barnaby if the team continues to struggle. At least it would give us a second scoring line. The problem would be that I dont really want to see Mess center a 3rd line.

I hate to say it but a Lundmark and ? for Comrie wouldnt surprise me. If the team looked like this in a month I wouldnt be surprised.

Barnaby-Holik-Lindros
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinski-Comrie-Carter
Lacatoure-Mess-Keefe

Not that this is my wish, because I like Lundmark. He may be a little overrated by us because he's our only legit young player at this time but he's still good and works hard.

If that Comrie trade doesn't heppen then how about this? If the Rangers keep playing like crap the next 3-4 games then somthing must be done and if Lindros and Holik can be a strong line then it could very wel be the only move.... let's be honest... Lundmark isn't single-handedly gonna jump start Lindros if he moves up.

Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Lundmark-Holik-Lindros
Lacatoure-Messier-Barnaby
I would hate to seeHolik put back with lindros again he is now playing where he should be. But it might not be a bad idea to try Barnaby on that line. I can't see him doing any worse then either one of though's other to wingers. Maybe he would at the least add a little spark to the line.

RANGER#11 is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 07:47 AM
  #14
HyBuller#4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
my boy Petey

Is it too early in the season to start bashing Nedved? That's the line that has to get going. It is sad to watch Kovalev try to set up Kovalev because the other two are lost. Essentially Kovalev is out there by himself.

HyBuller#4 is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 11:38 AM
  #15
RANGERDIEHARD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
If the Rangers are to make any moves this early in the season it better be to get a Defensemen. I'm already tired of watching Malakov and Mironov with their give aways, poor passing and blown coverages etc..

RANGERDIEHARD is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 01:15 PM
  #16
RANGER#11
Registered User
 
RANGER#11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, New York
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
If the Rangers are to make any moves this early in the season it better be to get a Defensemen. I'm already tired of watching Malakov and Mironov with their give aways, poor passing and blown coverages etc..
I agree they are plain awful.

RANGER#11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.