HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2017 NHL Draft/College & Europe FA Thread

Old
08-18-2016, 03:17 PM
cwede

vCash: 500
a possibly complete list of NCAA UFA's

with updates following player in " ( ) "

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...950935&page=20
Confirmed Signing with Link: 2015-16 Ongoing Prospect Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Former draft picks set to become UFAs on Monday

Anaheim
D Brian Cooper | Nebraska-Omaha | 5th round, #127, 2012

Arizona
*D Rhett Holland | Michigan State | 4th round, #102, 2012
LW Hunter Fejes | Colorado College | 6th round, #178, 2012
Holland only played 3 games in 2012-2013, he might have an additional year of NCAA eligibility remaining.

Buffalo
LW Jimmy Vesey | Harvard | 3rd round #66, 2012 (Drafted by Nashville)

Calgary
D John Gilmour | Providence | 7th round #198, 2012
(Signed with NYR)
C Matt DeBlouw | Michigan State | 7th round #186, 2012

Florida
D Ben Gallacher | UMass-Amherst | 4th round, #93, 2010
D Eddie Wittchow | Wisconsin | 6th round, #154, 2011
(rumored to sign w FL's AHL Springfield )

Minnesota
D John Draeger | Michigan State | 3rd round, #68, 2012

Ottawa
C Quentin Shore | Denver | 6th round, #168, 2013

San Jose
C Colin Blackwell | Harvard | 7th round, #194, 2011

Tampa Bay
C Jimmy Mullin | Minnesota-Mankato | 4th round, #118, 2010
(Signed a ECHL contract with the Kalamazoo Wings)

Toronto
C Tony Cameranesi | Minnesota-Duluth | 5th round, #130, 2011
(Signed a AHL contract with the Toronto Marlies.)

Vancouver
*RW Matthew Beattie | Yale | 7th round, #207, 2012
Beattie did not dressed for a single game in 2015-2016, he might have an additional year of NCAA eligibility remaining

Washington
LW Thomas DiPauli | Notre Dame | 4th round, #100, 2012
(rumored about to sign w Pens)

Winnipeg
C Tanner Lane | Nebraska-Omaha | 6th round, #160, 2010

Last edited by cwede: 08-18-2016 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Typo
cwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

This thread has been dead for a few days, lol.

Found some videos for y'all to see what kind of players can be taken in the 1st round this coming June. Very good talent pool.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2016, 08:35 PM
FLYLine27
BUCH

Too soon for me to get excited thinking about who we will draft..but I look foward to having a 1st again!

FLYLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2016, 08:58 PM
Irishguy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine27 View Post
Too soon for me to get excited thinking about who we will draft..but I look forward to having a 1st again!
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you jinxed it. It's gone.

Irishguy42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2016, 09:42 PM
FLYLine27
BUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguy42 View Post
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you jinxed it. It's gone.
Nooo

FLYLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2016, 06:53 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Looking at the first 2017 mock at mynhldraft.com (it's been a long time since I did that), they have the Rangers slotted with Jacob Paquette, an LD in Kingston. Other intriguing selections in the same area are Scott Reedy, C, USNTP, Nikita Popugayev, RW, Moose Jaw, Matthew Strome, LW, Hamilton, Robin Salo, D, Sport, and Adam Ruzicka, C, Pardubice. Cal Foote is ranked at 11. Looks like a few legacies their if I;m not mistaken.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I'm really excited to see how Foote develops this year. I think he has all the tools to be the next great defender to come out of Kelowna. He obviously has the size and defensive awareness that his dad had, but man does that kid know how to pass the puck. He feet are still pretty heavy, but his positioning and stick work are solid. This year he should be able to improve his skating, and with those bloodlines I wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak into the top-10.

How about those Fins? Another very strong class from them this year.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2016, 12:08 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

There are two summer pre-draft tournaments -- one ongoing and the other next week -- with draft eligibles likely in the NYR's range. The U20 Junior Club World Cup in Russia and the U20 Four Nations from Moravia in the Czech Republic. Loko Yaroslavl (MHL) has two former U18 kids -- winger Kirill Slepets and center Georgy Ivanov, while Sparta (extraliga) has big winger Ostap Safin -- all should be top-60 picks. C/LW Marcus Sylvegard is a depth center on Malmo's J20 and he was just at the Hlinka where he was pretty good. The Red Hawks also have a Danish power forward, LW Lucas Andersen who isn't there.

The Canadian crop is not very good, nor is the NTDP. Lots of solid HS'ers from Minnesota who wanted no part of the NTDP because they didn't want to leave home.

As of right now, the Rangers dont have a 2nd, possibly traded down in the 4th since they own Florida's but traded their to Colorado, and traded up in the 6th with Vancouver's pick while trading their own to Nashville for that scrub Hellberg.

Look at Sweden's center Marcus Davidsson to make noise at the U20 4 Nations. Czechs, Russians, Swedes and Finns. Russians should win that one since they don't have a lot of NA defections.

Steve Kournianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2016, 02:00 AM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kournianos View Post
There are two summer pre-draft tournaments -- one ongoing and the other next week -- with draft eligibles likely in the NYR's range. The U20 Junior Club World Cup in Russia and the U20 Four Nations from Moravia in the Czech Republic. Loko Yaroslavl (MHL) has two former U18 kids -- winger Kirill Slepets and center Georgy Ivanov, while Sparta (extraliga) has big winger Ostap Safin -- all should be top-60 picks. C/LW Marcus Sylvegard is a depth center on Malmo's J20 and he was just at the Hlinka where he was pretty good. The Red Hawks also have a Danish power forward, LW Lucas Andersen who isn't there.

The Canadian crop is not very good, nor is the NTDP. Lots of solid HS'ers from Minnesota who wanted no part of the NTDP because they didn't want to leave home.

As of right now, the Rangers dont have a 2nd, possibly traded down in the 4th since they own Florida's but traded their to Colorado, and traded up in the 6th with Vancouver's pick while trading their own to Nashville for that scrub Hellberg.

Look at Sweden's center Marcus Davidsson to make noise at the U20 4 Nations. Czechs, Russians, Swedes and Finns. Russians should win that one since they don't have a lot of NA defections.
Speaking of Marcus Davidsson.....

Here's Scott Reedy, too....

Old
08-25-2016, 02:22 AM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT

Steve, what do you think of Dmitri Samorukov? Do you think he could go in the range that Provorov and Sergachyov went in?

Pavel Buchnevich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2016, 08:57 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Reedy's a nice prospect. He plays a pretty straight forward, pro-style game. The knock is that he doesn't necessarily have "high end" talent, but he knows what works and he's good at doing it consistently.

I'd put him in the same boat as guys like Miller, Palmieri and even Kunin heading into their draft years. Not necessarily the flashiest option out there, but a guy who makes you look back and say, "Man, I wish we nabbed him."

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2016, 09:08 PM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

Old
08-29-2016, 11:29 PM
Steve Kournianos
@thedraftanalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
Steve, what do you think of Dmitri Samorukov? Do you think he could go in the range that Provorov and Sergachyov went in?
No a tad different player. Big shot but not accurate, and physical but not as much of an on-ice general as the other two. Skating is very good, has a long stride but not a first-step quickie. But he can play mean, physical and is a beast one-on-one either in puck battles or defending a rush. Plays the top pairing for both PK/PP, and is a hard, accurate passer.

He wont create offense with flashy plays but should put up points. Not a top-10 type but first-round quality.

Steve Kournianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2016, 03:11 AM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

Old
09-10-2016, 12:06 AM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT

Good article on players from the 2016 draft that went undrafted who could be drafted in 2017. I thought Shvyryov and Sukhachyov were both second round talents.

http://pucksandrecreation.com/tim-wa...rov-prospects/

Old
09-13-2016, 04:02 PM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

Old
09-13-2016, 04:05 PM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
Good article on players from the 2016 draft that went undrafted who could be drafted in 2017. I thought Shvyryov and Sukhachyov were both second round talents.

http://pucksandrecreation.com/tim-wa...rov-prospects/
100% agree that Tim Wahlgren will get a boost this year. Was pretty surprised he and Shyvrev didn't get selected back in June.

Old
09-20-2016, 02:53 AM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT

Top 60 Draft Prospects. Tell me what you think.

1. Timothy Liljegren
2. Nolan Patrick
3. Gabriel Vilardi
4. Klim Kostin
5. Maxime Comtois
6. Urho Vaakanainen
7. Cal Foote
8. Erik Brannstrom
9. Miro Heiskanen
10. Eeli Tolvanen
11. Casey Mittelstadt
12. Nico Hischier
13. Dmitri Samorukov
14. Martin Necas
15. Scott Reedy
16. Kailer Yamamoto
17. Juuso Valimaki
18. Elias Pettersson
19. Artyom Minulin
20. Jake Oettinger
21. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
22. Kristian Vesalainen
23. Adam Ruzicka
24. Owen Tippett
25. Marcus Davidsson
26. Sascha Chmelevski
27. Lias Andersson
28. Ostap Safin
29. Brannon McManus
30. Mark Rubinchik

Liljegren over Patrick. Elite RHD>Franchise Centers. I thought around 6 months ago that Kostin might've been top 20, but he keeps playing well at higher levels. I consider him to be similar to Puljujarvi, but more polished. I think Kostin will play in the NHL for the 2017-18 season. I always question the big defenseman. How good is their foot speed, their puck moving and puck skills? As my rankings show, I like Foote's skills a considerable amount more in those areas than Hague, although its kind of a guessing game with defenseman that size. Brannstrom is one of my favorite players in this draft. Elite offensive instincts. Two inches taller, and I think he's top 3 in this draft. I might be buying into the early season Heiskanen hype, but its hard to argue with a 17 year old playing well in Liiga. Would not surprise me if Tolvanen goes top 5, although I only have him 10th for now. Mittelstadt has dropped because of the level he will play at. Hard to rank a player in the top 10 who will play high school hockey. Yamamoto was dropped because of his height. He is so skilled, but almost all these incredibly skilled guys have dropped in recent years. I'm a big fan of Samorukov, I think he has top 10 potential. Not so big of a fan of Tippett or Vesalainen. Luukkonen and Oettinger are elite goalies. Somewhere in that Vasilevskiy, Demko, Samsonov tier of recent goalies to go in the first round. I think this will be one of the best goalie drafts in a long time. Ruzicka and McManus are two of the more underrated players in this draft. Chmelevski had a great Hlinka tournament, but I had not seen him play prior, so I might be ranking him too high.

31. Michael Pastujov
32. Antoine Morand
33. Yaroslav Alexeyev
34. Matt Strome
35. Stuart Skinner
36. Maxim Zhukov
37. Luke Martin
38. Robin Salo
39. Daniil Tarasov
40. Jesper Boqvist
41. Ryan Poehling
42. Aleksi Heponiemi
43. Michael Rasmussen
44. Alexei Lipanov
45. Max Gildon
46. Shane Bowers
47. Nicholas Hague
48. Lukas Elvenes
49. Kirill Slepets
50. Antoine Crete-Belzile
51. Tom Hedberg
52. Ollie Eriksson Ek
53. Mike Dipietro
54. Nicholas Suzucki
55. Stelio Mattheos
56. Georgi Ivanov
57. Adam Tilander
58. Nikita Popugayev
59. Jakub Galvas
60. Rickard Hugg

Matt Strome would be top 20, if he could skate, but he really needs to skate a lot better to be a good NHL player. Morand, Alexeyev, Heponiemi are smaller forwards with a lot of skill and put up a lot of points. Could be first rounders, could not be picked in the top 100. Unpredictable where players of that size go. Poehling was good at the Hlinka, and he has a lot of potential, but I'm not willing to put him that high yet, similar to Chmelevski. I knew nothing about him prior to the Hlinka. All these goalies I have ranked from 31-60 are also really good goalie prospects, although maybe not in that elite tier. Skinner, Zhukov, Eriksson Ek, Tarasov, Dipietro might've all been the best goalie prospect in a weaker goalie draft. Popugayev could move up a lot, if he plays 6'4 instead of 5'10. Galvas is a Czech defenseman, so he might not have the reputation on his side that some Swedish defenseman have, but he could be one of the best Czech defenseman prospects in a number of years. He doesn't have many weaknesses, and was really good at the Hlinka.

Old
09-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

https://www.hockeyprospect.com/hocke...ember-edition/

Hockey Prospect did their top 31 in their September rankings (31 due to Vegas team)

Most interesting ranking, to me, is Formenton.

Old
10-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

https://www.nhl.com/info/nhl-central...layer-rankings

NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch list

Old
10-10-2016, 10:30 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

So THN has a pre-draft ranking show with the Bobfather and Button. Bob's sources are telling him that this is not a good year to be bad.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2016, 10:49 PM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT

I saw it as well. That show is old though. Its just repeating on NHL Network. I think it was from a week or two ago, but it probably took a week for TSN to let NHL Network televise it.

I agree that its a bad season to be bad. There just isn't a McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Laine in this draft right now. I don't agree with all of what he said. I actually think this is a really good year for defenseman, and I think there is depth in this draft, more so than some previous years. I agree with him about the goalies, best goalie draft in a long time. With our needs and where we'll probably be picking, its not a bad draft. If you need a 1C and will be really bad, its probably a bad draft.

Old
10-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

http://www.tsn.ca/mckenzie-s-pre-sea...draft-1.567410

Bob McKenzie's pre-season rankings for anyone who didn't see them yet.

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-nolan...-rest-1.566071

Button's list as well.

Old
10-15-2016, 06:42 PM
GeorgeKaplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
So THN has a pre-draft ranking show with the Bobfather and Button. Bob's sources are telling him that this is not a good year to be bad.
Welcome to the NHL Las Vegas!

GeorgeKaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2016, 07:52 PM
FinnHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm really excited to see how Foote develops this year. I think he has all the tools to be the next great defender to come out of Kelowna. He obviously has the size and defensive awareness that his dad had, but man does that kid know how to pass the puck. He feet are still pretty heavy, but his positioning and stick work are solid. This year he should be able to improve his skating, and with those bloodlines I wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak into the top-10.

How about those Fins? Another very strong class from them this year.
Finnish crown-jewels of 2017 NHL draft are.
Kristian,Vesalainen, Eeli Tolvanen,Miro Heiskanen,Urho Vaakanainen, Juuso Valimaki, Robin Salo and Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.

At least Tolvanen and Vesalainen are going to TOP10 so they won't be available for Ny Rangers.
But guys like Heiskanen,Vaakanainen, Salo, Valimaki and Luukkonen has chances to go somewhere TOP15- TOP30.
Perhaps one of those guys is avaialble for rangers. Also Kasper Kotkansalo and Emil Oksanen might be late 1st rounders / early 2nd rounders.

Then there's Henri Jokiharju,Sami Moilanen, Aleksi Heponiemi,Linus Nyman, Eero Teravainen ( Teuvo's little brother) Eemeli Rasanen, Santeri Virtanen, Lauri Pajuniemi, Bernard Isiguzo, Teemu Engberg, Atte Huhtela and Joni Ikonen.
It's early to say for sure where those guys will go. A lot depends of their regular season and how they perform in U18 WJC's.

2016 undrafted class has to offer guys like Juha Jaaska ( LW / RW), Leevi Laakso ( G), Niilo Halonen ( G) Oliver Felixson ( D) and Otto Makinen ( C)
but those guys are late rounders.

Double over-ages who might get picked are Sami Tavernier, Jesper Mattila, Julius Mattila, Arttu Ruotsalainen, Petrus Palmu, Christian Heljanko and Veini Vehvilainen.
All those guys are born 1997 and got passed twice ( 2015 and 2016) in NHL draft's.

Last edited by FinnHockeyFan: 10-17-2016 at 08:24 PM.
FinnHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote