Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goalie Talk

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2006, 01:45 PM
lehtsrock

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to lehtsrock Send a message via MSN to lehtsrock Send a message via Yahoo to lehtsrock
Goalie Talk

So, with Shields on the way to Atlanta and Dunham on the mend, what's going to happen?

Garnie comes back to Chicago so he doesn't go cold on the bench/scratch list? Shields/Dunham involved in a trade, since neither are anything too spectacular? Berkhoel back to Gwinnett? He's left much to be desired in Chicago, and I've heard his fans even say that.

So ladies and gents, what are the talks?

Old
01-09-2006, 01:57 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
I love that "smilie"

When it rains, it pours. First, no goalies, now too many....

Old
01-09-2006, 02:01 PM
In the Doghouse

What happens to Tarkki and Hurme then?

Old
01-09-2006, 02:26 PM
lehtsrock

Send a message via AIM to lehtsrock Send a message via MSN to lehtsrock Send a message via Yahoo to lehtsrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Me
What happens to Tarkki and Hurme then?
I figured Jani's out of the picture until the whole "suing the Thrashers" thing gets cleaned up.

And a friend of mine was listening to the NMU game, and on there was an Atlanta scout speaking of the NMU alumns in the system, which naturally lead to Tarkki. My friend said the scout said that when the teams were in need for a goalie for Chicago, he was the only one fit and ready to perform as needed. He also said: "he was ready and available when the goaltenting emergency came up, and he was ready to go to Chicago. From there, he made a name for himself in the AHL and has done quite well."

He went on to speaking highly about Tarkki, making it sound like everybody is overly impressed by him. I don't think he'll be going down, unless just for a few games.

Old
01-09-2006, 02:29 PM
lehtsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera
I love that "smilie"
It's just so brutal isn't it? The fact that the designer actually decided to make blood spurt from it...

Old
01-09-2006, 03:06 PM
GetPucksDeep

My guesses.

Tarkki and Garnett play in Chi.

Hurme never plays again for any of our teams.

Shields is #2 in Atlanta until Dunham heals and then he's gone.

Dunham is #2 in Atlanta for the rest of the year.

Berkie in Gwinett

All of the above assumes noone ever gets injured again. If Dunham or Lehts goes down, Garnett comes back.

Old
01-09-2006, 03:10 PM
toph2o

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtsrock

So, with Shields on the way to Atlanta and Dunham on the mend, what's going to happen?

Garnie comes back to Chicago so he doesn't go cold on the bench/scratch list? Shields/Dunham involved in a trade, since neither are anything too spectacular? Berkhoel back to Gwinnett? He's left much to be desired in Chicago, and I've heard his fans even say that.

So ladies and gents, what are the talks?
Where'd you see/hear Shields back to Atlanta? Frankly that move would surprise me somewhat unless they plan to just let him warm the bench and Kari truly is going to play 95% of the games like Hi Bob had mentioned. If that's the case, or when Dunham is ready, I'd expect to see Garnie in Chicago to get ice time, and he'll likely get 75%+ of the starts. Either Berkhoel or Tarkki (outside chance of both) ought to end up in Gwinnett, unless at least one trade happens. I think the organization may envision something like this for the remainder of the year:

Atlanta: Kari, Dunham
Chicago: Garnie, Shields/Hurme and Tarkki/Berkhoel
Gwinnett: Berkhoel/Tarkki and Fields

Doubt anybody will take Hurme off our hands, Shields is probably the preferred trade bait, though Dunham may get moved if they actually want something in return. However I doubt you'll see Dunham moved if Atlanta stays in the playoff hunt, they probably want a vet around for the stretch run and Shields ain't the guy to go win a key game if Kari needs a rest.

Whomever ends up where, somebody needs to go down to Gwinnett, Fields is slipping from playing iron man for such long stretches, there's certainly ice time to be had there. Right now I think Chicago is trying to figure out which of the four guys they can count on, but c'mon, carrying FOUR goaltenders is a bit excessive.

Old
01-09-2006, 03:12 PM
lehtsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn
My guesses.

Tarkki and Garnett play in Chi.

Hurme never plays again for any of our teams.

Shields is #2 in Atlanta until Dunham heals and then he's gone.

Dunham is #2 in Atlanta for the rest of the year.

Berkie in Gwinett

All of the above assumes noone ever gets injured again. If Dunham or Lehts goes down, Garnett comes back.
I would love it if you're correct.
Although it's sad to say goodbye to Jani.

Old
01-09-2006, 03:14 PM
lehtsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o
Where'd you see/hear Shields back to Atlanta?
He's been back in Chicago this weekend, he played Friday & Saturday... left much to be desired in a 'tender both nights, but Billy & Judd, our commentators, both said Saturday was his last game with Chicago and he was headed back to Atlanta.

Old
01-09-2006, 03:17 PM
toph2o

Another reason I wish they'd send somebody to Gwinnett, they're in the middle of 8 games in 11 days, including Tuesday, Thursday, AND Friday against Greenville, a team they're 0-2 against. Meanwhile Chicago has 4 days off.

Old
01-09-2006, 06:37 PM
lehtsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o
Another reason I wish they'd send somebody to Gwinnett, they're in the middle of 8 games in 11 days, including Tuesday, Thursday, AND Friday against Greenville, a team they're 0-2 against. Meanwhile Chicago has 4 days off.
Well there should be some moves soon. I was expecting it to be today. We have a season ticket holder party tomorrow, maybe they're keeping them for that? I kind of hope so - since I have something for Shields to sign.

Going by the last few performances, and completely not in my bias (I promise), Berkhoel should be sent down. I give credit where do, so I'll say that he looked good against Grand Rapids. But Saturday's game was brutal. He made six saves on ten shots - and his composure in net made him look more confused than breast feeding baby in a topless bar. Tarkki came in in relief and let in 1 on I think 16 shots.

Isn't Gwinnett on a 7 game winning streak?

Last edited by lehtsrock: 01-09-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old
01-09-2006, 08:07 PM
toph2o

Quote:
Isn't Gwinnett on a 7 game winning streak?
They were until last night.

Road, home, road on Fri-Sat-Sun, by Sunday they were just beat, even gave up a breakaway shortie while on a stinkin' 5 on 3 pp. Inexcusable. And with games Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat, Mon...

Old
01-09-2006, 09:09 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
and his composure in net made him look more confused than breast feeding baby in a topless bar.

You kill me!!!

Closed Thread