HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alfredsson Back Tomorrow Vs. Phoenix

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Sensored

vCash: 500
Alfredsson Back Tomorrow Vs. Phoenix

according to sportsnet.ca alfredsson has told bryan murray that he'll play tomorrow vs. Phoenix and Spezza is expected back Thursday. I have mixed feelings about Alfredsson coming back tomorrow you always love to have him in the lineup but it's so easy to re-injure your ribs i hope it doesn't happen again.

just saw the other thread my bad might as well close this one

Old
01-09-2006, 06:28 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I hope he's ready. No need to rush him.

Heatley has probably wet himself at the thought of both his linemates back. He certainly needs it.

Last edited by The Mars Volchenkov: 01-09-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old
01-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Captain_Cunney

The score also said that Spezza would take the morning skate and go from there (he said Thurs. is a more likely date) and then they said the Bo would be suiting up on Saturday. Nice to see us starting to get healthy again.....knock on wood.

Last edited by Captain_Cunney: 01-09-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old
01-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Clutch Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney
they said the Bo would be suiting up on Saturday. Nice to see us starting to get healthy again.....knock on wood.
Minus Havlat who we've known for quite some time would be out for most of the season, we could be totally healthy again soon. I don't expect us to get totally back to our winning ways immediately. Lines will require tweaking, rust will need to shaken for the recently wounded, chemistry that was built may be torn apart and new have to be found. And I think we were just on a tear early. But the harder half was, by far, the first one for this club. We could start piling up the wins pretty soon. The actual schedualing is nuts - lots of back to backs etc - but the opposition isn't bad at all. Now that we've seen Murray will actually use Vermette on the wing on a higher line (though that may have just been due to injuries).......

In roughly a weeks time.

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Vermette - Smolinski - Bochenski
Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
Varada - Kelly - Eaves/McGrattan (been great since given the chance. Can now roll four lines instead of the usual 3 under Murray which'll be great with the busy upcoming schedual. Use Gratts for the more physical games)

Usual goal + defense but Schubert over Pothier, for the love of all that's good!

Old
01-09-2006, 08:05 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.Utd
Minus Havlat who we've known for quite some time would be out for most of the season, we could be totally healthy again soon. I don't expect us to get totally back to our winning ways immediately. Lines will require tweaking, rust will need to shaken for the recently wounded, chemistry that was built may be torn apart and new have to be found. And I think we were just on a tear early. But the harder half was, by far, the first one for this club. We could start piling up the wins pretty soon. The actual schedualing is nuts - lots of back to backs etc - but the opposition isn't bad at all. Now that we've seen Murray will actually use Vermette on the wing on a higher line (though that may have just been due to injuries).......

In roughly a weeks time.

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Vermette - Smolinski - Bochenski
Schaefer - Fisher - Neil
Varada - Kelly - Eaves/McGrattan (been great since given the chance. Can now roll four lines instead of the usual 3 under Murray which'll be great with the busy upcoming schedual. Use Gratts for the more physical games)

Usual goal + defense but Schubert over Pothier, for the love of all that's good!
I think that once everyone returns, Vermette will be put back on the 4th line. Even though Murray has played him on the top line the last few games, he hasn't exactly played well. I'd switch him and Eaves, who I hope does not see another game in the AHL again.

Old
01-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
I think that once everyone returns, Vermette will be put back on the 4th line. Even though Murray has played him on the top line the last few games, he hasn't exactly played well. I'd switch him and Eaves, who I hope does not see another game in the AHL again.
Agreed. I am one of those so-called Vermette-lovers, but for the life of me, I cant figure out what is going on with him. He has lost all stickhandling ability as well as any ice-vision he might have had...

Eaves should stay up. We have to remember that HF (Holly Gunning, I think), listed him as the number 1 NHL prospect in college last year....(in terms of play, not reputation).

McGrattan's time may be up (not his fault)...for now.

Old
01-09-2006, 08:36 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
I think I finally figured out Vermette after seeing him up on the 1st line for awhile.

He seems to play better short-handed or in 4 on 4 situations.

He's got good speed, but he gets knocked down or off the puck WAY too easily. 5 on 5, he just runs out of room every time he penetrates the zone and gets knocked to the ice.

When there are fewer players out there, particularly 4 on 5 when opposing forwards tend not to backcheck to the same extent, he seems to play much better. He needs more open ice to be effective.

Eaves plays in traffic better than Vermette does, and he tends to drive to the net a lot more. I'd prefer to see Eaves on a higher line.

Vermette also has good chemistry on the 4th line, and made it rather dangerous with Kelly out there. Even McGrattan has looked better recently, but I recall Antoine and Chris making some good rushes when they were paired on the 4th.

Old
01-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
He's got good speed, but he gets knocked down or off the puck WAY too easily. 5 on 5, he just runs out of room every time he penetrates the zone and gets knocked to the ice.
I think you might be right...

Do you ever notice that he'll get the puck and just take off... and then when he meets his checker, he kind of acts surprised. Instead of say protecting the puck and using his speed to get around the checker, he attempts some kind of awkward forward-backward stick-handling move, while skating right into him. His legs then wildly kick around like a horse for full effect.

He's still young...could be a lack of confidence... who knows... but he does seem to play better with less responsibility.

Last edited by Roy G Biv*: 01-09-2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old
01-09-2006, 08:44 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
Agreed. I am one of those so-called Vermette-lovers, but for the life of me, I cant figure out what is going on with him. He has lost all stickhandling ability as well as any ice-vision he might have had...

Eaves should stay up. We have to remember that HF (Holly Gunning, I think), listed him as the number 1 NHL prospect in college last year....(in terms of play, not reputation).

McGrattan's time may be up (not his fault)...for now.
I also have defended Vermette, but everytime he's been given a chance, he hasn't done anything with it. I think part of it is him having to play out of position. He's clearly a better center than winger and probably feels more comfortable there. He's probably good trade bait and if an offer came along that was reasonable for him, I'm sure Muckler would pull the trigger. A change of scenery would be good for him, IMO, going somewhere where he can play more and play his natural position.

McGratton is becoming more and more useless. He hasn't been fighting, and although he's improved his play, he simply isn't better than anyone else on the roster. They'll keep him on the roster, I'm sure, and play him against the tougher teams, but there's no reason he should play and force the Sens to send down Eaves.

Old
01-09-2006, 08:49 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
He legs then wildly kick around like a horse for full effect.
LOL, at least he's occasionally good for drawing penalties that way.

Old
01-09-2006, 08:52 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
he attempts some kind of awkward forward-backward stick-handling move.
I don't know why he does this. It looks like a goal celebration I used to see kids in PeeWee hockey do.

Old
01-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
LOL, at least he's occasionally good for drawing penalties that way.
Seriously, but put Chris Kelly's mug on him and you could enter him in the Kentucky Derby.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:28 AM
WpgBoy84

good to see Alfredsson back. 4 points, not too shabby. shows how much he does for the team. I know one game is only one game but hopefully this keeps up.

Closed Thread