HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2016-17 Rangers Fan-to-Fan Ticket Resales - Updated rules in OP

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2016, 01:05 PM
  #26
CincyRanger24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
This may be a long shot as it seems most tickets being sold are pairs but I am looking for 6 tickets to the game Sunday, April 9th vs Penguins. It will be my first game at MSG so I would like to get some pretty good seats

CincyRanger24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2016, 03:01 PM
  #27
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 23,944
vCash: 500
Can someone explain to me the seating in the new garden? I've been there a couple of times since the renovation but have lived out of town for the last two years. I thought for some reason that they just got rid of the 300s but the 400s are still the nosebleeds but I looked at a seating chart and it seems like the 400s are just the nosebleeds not in the center and the higher 200s are now what the 400s used to be. It's harder to figure out if I'm getting a good deal or not if I don't know what the sections are. Thanks.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2016, 03:20 PM
  #28
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Can someone explain to me the seating in the new garden? I've been there a couple of times since the renovation but have lived out of town for the last two years. I thought for some reason that they just got rid of the 300s but the 400s are still the nosebleeds but I looked at a seating chart and it seems like the 400s are just the nosebleeds not in the center and the higher 200s are now what the 400s used to be. It's harder to figure out if I'm getting a good deal or not if I don't know what the sections are. Thanks.
Worst seats in msg are the 400 back rows. Anything 3+ isn't worth while.

After that, the views are good. Upper 200s are up far, but not as far back as it used to be. Above row 17, you miss most of the scoreboard, but there are big screens on the back of the bridge.

The bridge hovers over the 200s level. Rows 1-3 match the 200s in terms of how far back they are, but are higher up, giving an overhead like view.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2016, 02:12 AM
  #29
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 23,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Worst seats in msg are the 400 back rows. Anything 3+ isn't worth while.

After that, the views are good. Upper 200s are up far, but not as far back as it used to be. Above row 17, you miss most of the scoreboard, but there are big screens on the back of the bridge.

The bridge hovers over the 200s level. Rows 1-3 match the 200s in terms of how far back they are, but are higher up, giving an overhead like view.
Thanks, I'm finding a lot of tickets in the 20+ range in the 200s that are decent deals. Are those the 300s of prior years or 400s at that point?

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2016, 01:53 PM
  #30
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 6,281
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Thanks, I'm finding a lot of tickets in the 20+ range in the 200s that are decent deals. Are those the 300s of prior years or 400s at that point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Can someone explain to me the seating in the new garden? I've been there a couple of times since the renovation but have lived out of town for the last two years. I thought for some reason that they just got rid of the 300s but the 400s are still the nosebleeds but I looked at a seating chart and it seems like the 400s are just the nosebleeds not in the center and the higher 200s are now what the 400s used to be. It's harder to figure out if I'm getting a good deal or not if I don't know what the sections are. Thanks.
The 400 level that exists now is the same concrete decking that existed before (with different row lengths). What they did was add a roof level above it, which is the 300 level (has nothing to do with the old 300 level pre-renovation), also known as the balcony level or bridge level. Yes the 300's are HIGHER than the 400's but they are selling it as a premium level because the seats are slightly closer to the playing surface. That deck has also sandwiched in those 400 level seats so if you're in row 6 or 7 part of the net may be blocked

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2016, 09:45 AM
  #31
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,319
vCash: 500
Please remember the rules as we routinely inspect the thread to make sure they are being followed.

Specifically, if you are selling, you must clearly list the game being sold, face value, and asking price (at or below face only). You cannot list one thing here and ask for a higher price via PM. If we are notified of that occurring, you'll be excluded from participating.

Thanks.

__________________
"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world." -Paul Farmer (EK)
Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2016, 04:08 PM
  #32
eyjee
the basement
 
eyjee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alphabetrium
Country: United States
Posts: 27,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich0329 View Post
Selling two ticket to the following games
Face value is $92 each $184 for the pair

Section 221 Row 6 Seats 8 & 9 - Rangers shoot twice

SUN NOV 6, 2016 JETS - asking $150 for the pair
TUE NOV 8, 2016 CANUCKS - asking $150 for the pair

Tickets can be emailed, mailed, held at will call or we could meet up
Email me at [email protected] or text me at 914-403-2616 if interested
So do you guys know each other?

eyjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2016, 04:26 PM
  #33
Blueshirt13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Other side of the Ri
Posts: 845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
So do you guys know each other?
Awesome catch. I always felt like we should put together a season tickets list so we could see which posters sit by one another

Blueshirt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2016, 05:03 PM
  #34
Nash Money
Registered User
 
Nash Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13 View Post
Awesome catch. I always felt like we should put together a season tickets list so we could see which posters sit by one another
This sounds like a great idea that I support but will in no way volunteer for. Maybe a google doc so everyone can add their own info?

Nash Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2016, 06:58 PM
  #35
rich0329
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
So do you guys know each other?
not personally, I haven't been to a game in a while after my wife had my son

rich0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2016, 09:10 PM
  #36
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
This sounds like a great idea that I support but will in no way volunteer for. Maybe a google doc so everyone can add their own info?
Years ago I saw some website that you could post a map or similar and then people could pin their location. Can't for the life of me figure out where that was. Would definitely be cool to post a seating chart of MSG and have posters mark their locations.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2016, 12:30 PM
  #37
kevynadams42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Do any of you have 4 (or more) season seats in the 100 level that you would be willing to sell for multiple games?

Thanks

kevynadams42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2016, 08:03 AM
  #38
Tikkanese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
I still have several games for sale. Please PM me if interested.

I have 2 tickets in Section 119, row 15 for sale. STH face value is $156/seat. Tickets still available

11/27 vs Ottawa SOLD
11/29 vs Carolina SOLD
1/17 vs Dallas
2/7 vs Anaheim
2/9 vs Nashville
2/11 vs Colorado
2/26 vs Columbus SOLD
3/13 vs Tampa
3/17 vs Florida

Willing to discuss a discount for purchases of multiple games.


Last edited by Tikkanese: 11-10-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Updated
Tikkanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2016, 03:06 PM
  #39
cwede
Registered User
 
cwede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giacomin1 View Post
... I have a pair in 206, face value $130 ...
this confuses me regularly here
my seasons, center red line, low row, in 224, have $103 printed on them,

is there a set SRP/list price, above seasons' price, for single game tix?

should we be asking GG to add a 'list price' a column to his chart?

cwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2016, 04:12 PM
  #40
sbjnyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
this confuses me regularly here
my seasons, center red line, low row, in 224, have $103 printed on them,

is there a set SRP/list price, above seasons' price, for single game tix?

should we be asking GG to add a 'list price' a column to his chart?
Check the 1st post in the STH thread under partial plan.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2016, 04:59 PM
  #41
sbjnyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
It's getting super confusing. The full season prices there are accurate for people who had had accounts for at least 2 years. And the partial plan prices are accurate from when they first went on sale this offseason. But they are charging more for new accounts and possibly changing the prices as they go along for partial plans, and they are adding a few bucks for Aisle seats. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2126921)

But the guy giacomin1 who posted in Section 206 has row 2 gallery seats on the end which are $103 for full season and $130 for partials. His $130 is accurate. Someone who bought those seats on ticketmaster could have paid something completely different

But your seats in 224 don't make any sense to me. Center 200's rows 3 through 14 should be $122 full season & $149 partial
Exactly. There's no such thing as "face" value anymore which is why I think the 1st post in the thread needs to be rewritten but I'm not going to argue it anymore. I just won't list my tickets here.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2016, 01:50 AM
  #42
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Exactly. There's no such thing as "face" value anymore which is why I think the 1st post in the thread needs to be rewritten but I'm not going to argue it anymore. I just won't list my tickets here.
Yeah, good point. The same ticket now runs a wide range of prices. Not sure how we are really supposed to know what "face" even means any more.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2016, 10:23 AM
  #43
Blueshirt Special
Registered User
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
It's a good point but I don't know what the Mods can do about.

__________________
WIN NOW

"I just close my eyes and shoot."
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2016, 11:33 AM
  #44
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
It's a good point but I don't know what the Mods can do about.
Nothing you can do. The face value thing is above the mods. I've voiced my displeasure about it a few times but I have a feeling it's either a "take the person posting the tickets at their word about their face" type deal or there's no thread at all unfortunately. I'd rather there be no rules about face in general but that doesn't appear to be an option.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2016, 10:28 AM
  #45
sbjnyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
It's a good point but I don't know what the Mods can do about.
It's not so much about changing the policy (it is what it is) but clarifying it so you know what's OK and what isn't. If the rule is that you can't ask for more than what you paid (what I think it is) then the policy should say exactly that. If the rule is something else then the policy needs to specify what that rule is. We should not be asked to interpret a badly worded policy.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2016, 10:31 AM
  #46
Nash Money
Registered User
 
Nash Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, good point. The same ticket now runs a wide range of prices. Not sure how we are really supposed to know what "face" even means any more.
Basically I think the point of "face" here is what's printed on the ticket (plus any fees from the direct seller, ie the rangers or ticketmaster). I think they're worried about sellers making a profit here, which I guess is not legal in certain jurisdictions, and it's easier to have a blanket policy across all of hf than to try and enforce it on a case by case basis.

Nash Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2016, 11:01 AM
  #47
sbjnyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
Basically I think the point of "face" here is what's printed on the ticket (plus any fees from the direct seller, ie the rangers or ticketmaster). I think they're worried about sellers making a profit here, which I guess is not legal in certain jurisdictions, and it's easier to have a blanket policy across all of hf than to try and enforce it on a case by case basis.
If you buy an electronic ticket on stubhub, the price printed on the ticket will be the amount the seller paid, not what you paid. So what is "face" value?

It may seem like an extreme situation but it happens fairly regularly.

sbjnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2016, 07:05 PM
  #48
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 17,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
2 in Sec 202, row 2 for 11/27 vs OTT. Asking for FV, $103/ea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2 View Post
Have a pair for this coming Sunday, 11/27. Section 223, Row 23, Seats 3 & 4. Face is $106. Looking for best offer.
If that doesn't tell you how messed up the new pricing structure is nothing will.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2016, 01:18 PM
  #49
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2017
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 6,281
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
If that doesn't tell you how messed up the new pricing structure is nothing will.
It is very messed up for Oct/Nov but come Jan/Feb it's going to be cheap. People are now paying $240 for my seats in 222 for January games

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2016, 11:30 PM
  #50
superyan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
If that doesn't tell you how messed up the new pricing structure is nothing will.
It's not structure as much as it is the plan.

Every seat can be full STH, half STH, mini plan, box office....and double that for new and old business... add to that the premium for aisle seats.

superyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.