HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2016-2017 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Old
09-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
Party Not Stopping

vCash: 1068
Lehkonen was interviewed by Viasat. He said his goal is to get a spot on the Canadiens this year, and that he has trained with bigger weights this year. He said his wish is to not go back to Sweden this year (because he wants a spot in the NHL).

He did look like he bulked up over the summer.

Lapa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
Lehkonen was interviewed by Viasat. He said his goal is to get a spot on the Canadiens this year, and that he has trained with bigger weights this year. He said his wish is to not go back to Sweden this year (because he wants a spot in the NHL).

He did look like he bulked up over the summer.
Great to hear. There is a spot for him on the top 6. It's between him, Ghetto and Carr.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Dagistitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Great to hear. There is a spot for him on the top 6. It's between him, Ghetto and Carr.
Hudon.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Hudon.
Maybe. But don't believe it. He wasn't good enough for them to get more playing time when everybody was injured last year....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Pompeius Magnus

They seem to have Hudon pretty far down on the depth chart, very undeservedly so in my book. I'm 100% sure Lehkonen is ahead of him coming into the main camp.

Pompeius Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2016, 01:31 PM
TheLastShift
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
They seem to have Hudon pretty far down on the depth chart, very undeservedly so in my book. I'm 100% sure Lehkonen is ahead of him coming into the main camp.
Hudon will be an NHLer. He just turned 22. He needs to continue to get stronger before he's a full time guy in the big leagues. Will start in the AHL, probably tear it up and be one of the first guys promoted.

TheLastShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2016, 01:29 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastShift View Post
Hudon will be an NHLer. He just turned 22. He needs to continue to get stronger before he's a full time guy in the big leagues. Will start in the AHL, probably tear it up and be one of the first guys promoted.
agreed

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2016, 04:32 PM
get25

vCash: 788
Quote:
5'10", 195 lbs.

Not so bad.
Heavier than Markov, Fleishman, Carr and Mitchell. Same as Plekanec.

get25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 07:41 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

SHL season starts today. Going to try to watch Nygren's team in a bit.

Old
09-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Pompeius Magnus

Nygren is having a good game, with a little less than a period to go on a 1-1 tie against Orebro. He's being played on the top pairing and he picked up an assist on his team's goal . Well on his way to a 25+ minutes performance. I really like that Asplund kid, he's all over the ice. Very dynamic.

Old
09-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Pompeius Magnus

And Nygren wins it with a huge slapper on the powerplay with 20 seconds to go !

Old
09-17-2016, 11:32 AM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
Nygren is having a good game, with a little less than a period to go on a 1-1 tie against Orebro. He's being played on the top pairing and he picked up an assist on his team's goal . Well on his way to a 25+ minutes performance. I really like that Asplund kid, he's all over the ice. Very dynamic.
Quote:
And Nygren wins it with a huge slapper on the powerplay with 20 seconds to go !
I just wish they would give him a chance to play in the NHL, but I get the feeling he'll either sign with another team as UFA or stay in Sweden and be a superstar there.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 11:41 AM
Pompeius Magnus

There was a deviation on his goal that I completely missed in real time so it got switch to an assist. So he ends his opening game with 2 points and a player of the game nod.

Old
09-17-2016, 12:00 PM
Anardil

I know that the Habs still have his rights, but I don't get the continued fascination with Nygren. I doubt that he'll ever get closer than Hamilton to wearing the Habs jersey.

Anardil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 12:22 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anardil View Post
I know that the Habs still have his rights, but I don't get the continued fascination with Nygren. I doubt that he'll ever get closer than Hamilton to wearing the Habs jersey.
Which is a shame. He was good in Hamilton and would easily be our best D in STJ even if Redmond gets down there. There is a good chance he'd be better than Barberio and Pateryn as well.

Old
09-17-2016, 05:13 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Which is a shame. He was good in Hamilton and would easily be our best D in STJ even if Redmond gets down there. There is a good chance he'd be better than Barberio and Pateryn as well.
When he injured himself he said the Habs were about to call him up. If he ever signs with the Habs, we'd have a good prospect pool on D now that we've drafted Sergachev and Mete.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 05:53 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
When he injured himself he said the Habs were about to call him up. If he ever signs with the Habs, we'd have a good prospect pool on D now that we've drafted Sergachev and Mete.
As I said he'd be an instant contender for an NHL spot, but with Petry and Weber on the RD he might wait for UFA for a better opportunity. He'd be great on a team like the Oilers who needs an OFD RHD like Nygren bad.

Old
09-18-2016, 09:20 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

For those more familiar with the US programs, how big is the step between the USHL and the UMHSEL? Staum's +/- in pre-season has been pretty meh: -6 in 6 GP.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Pompeius Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
For those more familiar with the US programs, how big is the step between the USHL and the UMHSEL? Staum's +/- in pre-season has been pretty meh: -6 in 6 GP.
It varies depending on which part of the country you're in but the jump is pretty big.

Old
09-18-2016, 07:43 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I don't know the UMHSEL, I believe it's just an off-set for the USHS since their schedule is short it gives them more hockey. I know Staum played for a top program in their conference at Hill-Murray (STA in their conference, where I first saw Anders Lee play when he was 15).

I played in the USHS but not anything close to the level in Minnesota which is likely the best in the US and it was a long time ago. I would think the jump to the USHL is a big jump but not too bad from Minnesota USHS to USHL. But I wouldn't worry yet about his plus minus, if you take out that first game where he was a -4 it's a -2 since then. I might try to watch him play once this year if time permits but he's going to an ok program at UNO. They have a good coach in Dean Blais as he's coached in the Minnesota USHS, as well as head coach of one of the elite programs in the NCAA at North Dakota and was an assistant in the NHL for the jackets as well as several runs for Team USA's U-20 WJC's.

The problem is it looks like they have 9 defensemen with only 1 being a Senior and 3 Juniors but I haven't followed their team much so we'll see how good some of them are this year.

Old
09-18-2016, 08:26 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Thanks for the well detailed post montreal, you too Pompeius

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2016, 11:28 PM
Goldenhands

Bitten is impressive, looks alot like a young Brad Marchand.

Goldenhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2016, 07:59 PM
MontrealPredators

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't know the UMHSEL, I believe it's just an off-set for the USHS since their schedule is short it gives them more hockey. I know Staum played for a top program in their conference at Hill-Murray (STA in their conference, where I first saw Anders Lee play when he was 15).

I played in the USHS but not anything close to the level in Minnesota which is likely the best in the US and it was a long time ago. I would think the jump to the USHL is a big jump but not too bad from Minnesota USHS to USHL. But I wouldn't worry yet about his plus minus, if you take out that first game where he was a -4 it's a -2 since then. I might try to watch him play once this year if time permits but he's going to an ok program at UNO. They have a good coach in Dean Blais as he's coached in the Minnesota USHS, as well as head coach of one of the elite programs in the NCAA at North Dakota and was an assistant in the NHL for the jackets as well as several runs for Team USA's U-20 WJC's.

The problem is it looks like they have 9 defensemen with only 1 being a Senior and 3 Juniors but I haven't followed their team much so we'll see how good some of them are this year.
I believe the USHS system in Minnesota is similar in caliber to the Midget AA program in Quebec. It's obviously less good than Midget AAA because not many AAA players record more than 1.5 PPG in Quebec, while the best high schoolers in Minnesota average about 3 PPG.

MontrealPredators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2016, 11:08 AM
TheLastShift
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by get25 View Post
5'10", 195 lbs.

Not so bad.
Heavier than Markov, Fleishman, Carr and Mitchell. Same as Plekanec.
Weight doesn't completely state you are strong enough. We will see though, I have heard he has really worked hard this summer, harder then he ever has. Could be a big surprise.

TheLastShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2016, 11:14 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Weight doesn't completely state you are strong enough. We will see though, I have heard he has really worked hard this summer, harder then he ever has. Could be a big surprise.
Sorry are you talking about Lehkonen or Hudon? I really don't want to go through the last 3 pages of Hudon talk lol.

I heard that Lehkonen worked really hard so I hope you mean Hudon!

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote