HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2016-2017 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2016, 02:17 PM
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Assuming the goaltending is a duo of Lindgren/Condon, that should be the strong point of the team.

The defense is tougher to say since we don't know the makeup. If you have Redmond and Samuelsson that should help. I liked what I saw from Didier on the defensive and PK side of things. Johnston is a bit of a wild card as he put up points after missing so much time to injury but was just terrible in his own end. Not a fan of Hanley, he was average in the AHL last year but maybe his stint in the NHL will give him more confidence. Lernout is ok, hopefully he continues to progress. Parisi I didn't see much of so we'll see what he does.

For the offense, another case of we'll see who's there. If they have Hudon, McCarron, Scherbak, Reway, that alone should give them some pop. DLR would help a lot on the defensive side of things. Not sure how much offense we'll get from the vets outside if Terry if he's there.

Old
08-31-2016, 01:38 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

vCash: 309
Hey Habs fans!

Just curious, how long does your affiliation deal with Brampton last?

Old
08-31-2016, 04:41 PM
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
Hey Habs fans!

Just curious, how long does your affiliation deal with Brampton last?
This season only.

Old
09-14-2016, 08:05 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

Fucale,DLR,Scherbak all on the 'top 10 falling prospect list'

ouch

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...pects#cxrecs_s

Old
09-21-2016, 04:25 AM
get25

vCash: 788
This was Hamilton line-up when MB came in.

Of the top-29 players, Beaulieu (best scorer that year), Gallagher and Pateryn are still here.

Actually, if you add Hudon in 30th, all the others are gone.

Now, with Holloway gone, the line-up seems stronger but also much younger.

Unlike many AHL team, we have no veteran in the upcoming year in AHL.

Old
09-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by get25 View Post
This was Hamilton line-up when MB came in.

Of the top-29 players, Beaulieu (best scorer that year), Gallagher and Pateryn are still here.

Actually, if you add Hudon in 30th, all the others are gone.

Now, with Holloway gone, the line-up seems stronger but also much younger.

Unlike many AHL team, we have no veteran in the upcoming year in AHL.
Chris Terry, also 2 of Sammuelsson/Redmond/Barberio

Old
09-21-2016, 07:50 PM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Armstrong View Post
Chris Terry, also 2 of Sammuelsson/Redmond/Barberio
Plus probably one of Flynn/Farnham.

Old
09-22-2016, 06:52 AM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Do we? The defense is a bit iffy but other than that the team is pretty good in my books.
The team is decent but it clearly lacks depth.

Minus the 14 forwards on 1-way deals, Lehkonen (either NHL or SHL) and Reway (will start the year on IR), we only have 13 forwards under contract (12 two-ways and 1 AHL deal)

Barring any other injuries, our current AHL depth looks like this :

Hudon-McCarron-Scherbak
Friberg-DLR-Terry
MacMillan-Grégoire-Farnham
Bozon-Crisp/Eisenschmid-Audette

At the very least, guys like Eisenschmid, Bozon, Crisp and Audette should compete for their spot. (One could even argue that Bozon and Audette would be better off starting the season in the ECHL).

Unfortunately the list of players brought to camp isn't too impressive. The only players I wouldn't mind on the team are Veilleux and Fiore (as a ECHL/AHL tweener like Miceli).

Last edited by Booba: 09-22-2016 at 07:42 AM.
Old
09-22-2016, 07:29 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
The team is decent but it clearly lacks depth.

Minus the 14 forwards on 1-way deals, Lehkonen (either NHL or SHL) and Reway (will start the year on IR), we only have 13 forwards under contract (12 two-ways and 1 AHL deal)

Barring any other injuries, our current AHL depth looks like this :

Hudon-McCarron-Scherbak
Friberg-DLR-Terry
MacMillan-Grégoire-Farnham
Bozon-Crisp/Eisenschmid-Audette

At the very least, guys like Eisenschmid, Bozon, Crisp and Audette should compete for their spot. (One could even argue that Bozon and Audette would be better off starting the season in the ECHL).

Unfortunately the list of players brought to camp isn't too impressive. The only player I wouldn't mind on the team are Veilleux and Fiore (as a ECHL/AHL tweener like Miceli).
apparently Bozon ended the season pretty strong in STJ. I'd like to see him get a legit shot with some decent guys. Audette might be a good idea to go to the ECHL. I don't know if giving him 4th line minutes would be good for him.

Old
09-22-2016, 07:46 AM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
apparently Bozon ended the season pretty strong in STJ. I'd like to see him get a legit shot with some decent guys. Audette might be a good idea to go to the ECHL. I don't know if giving him 4th line minutes would be good for him.
I'm not hopeful about Bozon. He wasn't even chosen by Team France for the Olympic Qualification.

Old
09-22-2016, 07:51 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
I'm not hopeful about Bozon. He wasn't even chosen by Team France for the Olympic Qualification.
He's definitely still a long shot. The stuff I saw and read though were pretty promising. Enough for me not to quite write him off yet. He'd really have to bring it though.

He'll probably end up playing in Europe more than likely.

Old
09-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Homme de la Meduse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Plus probably one of Flynn/Farnham.
That is a good group of veteran for the AHL.

Old
09-22-2016, 08:42 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Bozon didn't really "end the season strong". He had a two goal game and a one goal game after going pointless most of the season. Having 1-2 good games doesn't really redeem him as a prospect. He's still in my bottom 5 of our prospect pool. Crisp, Sullivan are the only guys I have CLEARLY below him. Even Thrower, Koberstein and Macmillan have a better chance at redeeming themselves. Especially Thrower since we decimated our D depth in the AHL/ECHL.

Old
09-22-2016, 03:15 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Bozon didn't really "end the season strong". He had a two goal game and a one goal game after going pointless most of the season. Having 1-2 good games doesn't really redeem him as a prospect. He's still in my bottom 5 of our prospect pool. Crisp, Sullivan are the only guys I have CLEARLY below him. Even Thrower, Koberstein and Macmillan have a better chance at redeeming themselves. Especially Thrower since we decimated our D depth in the AHL/ECHL.
My guess is that Thrower has almost zero chance of developing into anything. He has had one good year - his draft year.

Old
09-22-2016, 09:45 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

I'm saying that's how far gone Bozon is as a prospect that Thrower is a more legitimate reclamation projection.

Old
09-22-2016, 11:40 PM
montreal
Global Moderator
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I'm saying that's how far gone Bozon is as a prospect that Thrower is a more legitimate reclamation projection.
As much as I have liked Thrower in the past, wouldn't agree at all. Bozon has 1 less point then Thrower has games played in the AHL in his career. They let him sit on the bench for much of the 1st half of the season so they clearly don't think very much of him.

Old
09-23-2016, 08:22 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
I just heard and saw highlights from the last 5 games or so and he looked pretty good.

Old
09-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Would Joel Bouchard be a great hire when the team moves to Laval? I have always respected him for his knowledge and from what I've heard he's done a fine job in Blainville.

Old
09-24-2016, 11:13 AM
Treb

Quote:
Would Joel Bouchard be a great hire when the team moves to Laval? I have always respected him for his knowledge and from what I've heard he's done a fine job in Blainville.
Definitely better than Sly. Then again, any CHL coach would be my choice before Sly.

Old
09-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Daedalus33

Quote:
Team France is a team playing for its survival. It was assured not to be relegated this year but was needing to prepare for next Worlds at home (hosting shared with Germany).

At the pro level, Bozon is still unproven. He is just potential for Team France, and potential is not enough. There are more proven players, players who have been playing the international level for many years at the worlds + youngsters playing in quite good european championships . Add a few "star players" and you don't need a player like Bozon who barely scored a few points, even if it was in the AHL. What's more, he has not played good enough, not nearly enough, in preparation games.

Like he says himself, he's a player like any other, no matter what happened to him in the past.

Will most likely play in Europe, unless he shows someting really different this year. I'm not optimitisc. Let's just hope he can have a strong start, no injuries ... then we'll see what's inside of him.

Old
09-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Pompeius Magnus

Quote:
I'm not super familiar but I do remember him taking on a big leadership role in his brief stint in Hamilton in the mid to late 2000 and being a well spoken, well liked guy. At this point I'd take anyone over Sly so why not !

Old
09-26-2016, 11:50 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus33 View Post
Team France is a team playing for its survival. It was assured not to be relegated this year but was needing to prepare for next Worlds at home (hosting shared with Germany).

At the pro level, Bozon is still unproven. He is just potential for Team France, and potential is not enough. There are more proven players, players who have been playing the international level for many years at the worlds + youngsters playing in quite good european championships . Add a few "star players" and you don't need a player like Bozon who barely scored a few points, even if it was in the AHL. What's more, he has not played good enough, not nearly enough, in preparation games.

Like he says himself, he's a player like any other, no matter what happened to him in the past.

Will most likely play in Europe, unless he shows someting really different this year. I'm not optimitisc. Let's just hope he can have a strong start, no injuries ... then we'll see what's inside of him.
France have absolutely NOTHING player wise. If he had even a remote chance of being a decent AHLer he'd be France's third best player after Bellemare and Da Costa..
Not to mention his dad is France's all time best player in international play. If he can't get an invite even on nepotism that speaks on how bad of a player he is.

Old
09-27-2016, 04:48 AM
Daedalus33

Quote:
France have absolutely NOTHING player wise. If he had even a remote chance of being a decent AHLer he'd be France's third best player after Bellemare and Da Costa..
Not to mention his dad is France's all time best player in international play. If he can't get an invite even on nepotism that speaks on how bad of a player he is.
If pro european players mean nothing to you ... of course they are not NHL level, yet they are pros giving their best. Da Costa with CSKA Moscow, Bellemare playing with the Flyers, Roussel with the Stars, Treille brothers have played in Czech league : Yorick played in AHL for three seasons, played in swiss league too, Sacha played in allsvenskan + 1 year in DEL, Teddy Da Costa has been playing in SM liiga + Mestis, Charles Bertrand in SM Liiga, Claireaux from Mestis to SM liiga, Berthon from swiss LNB to LNA, Fleury in KHL after playing SHL, SM Liiga, LNA... I won't make the complete list, many have played or are still playing in good championships.

Are these players just nothing ? What has Bozon done except good junior stats ? You talk about nepotism, him being in the group for preparation games is almost that. 9 points in 15 games in the ECHL is that good ? Some good ECHL players bust in the french championship. 8 points in 41 AHL games gives you what at the international level ?

I'm just talking about points, not overall play, but Bozon is still very raw. He's just out of junior after a serious disease and started last season with an injury. I'd rather have confirmed pro players with less potential who will make us win games, or rather not lose them since the team plays that way.

Old
09-27-2016, 06:09 AM
Treb

Quote:
22 years old kid vs 30 years old vet. I'm pretty sure he will be a France NT regular starting 25 yo and up.

The team had 1 24 years old and 2 21 years old and the rest were vets.

He was still part of the WC team (one of 4 U24 guys there).

Old
09-27-2016, 07:09 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus33 View Post
If pro european players mean nothing to you ... of course they are not NHL level, yet they are pros giving their best. Da Costa with CSKA Moscow, Bellemare playing with the Flyers, Roussel with the Stars, Treille brothers have played in Czech league : Yorick played in AHL for three seasons, played in swiss league too, Sacha played in allsvenskan + 1 year in DEL, Teddy Da Costa has been playing in SM liiga + Mestis, Charles Bertrand in SM Liiga, Claireaux from Mestis to SM liiga, Berthon from swiss LNB to LNA, Fleury in KHL after playing SHL, SM Liiga, LNA... I won't make the complete list, many have played or are still playing in good championships.

Are these players just nothing ? What has Bozon done except good junior stats ? You talk about nepotism, him being in the group for preparation games is almost that. 9 points in 15 games in the ECHL is that good ? Some good ECHL players bust in the french championship. 8 points in 41 AHL games gives you what at the international level ?

I'm just talking about points, not overall play, but Bozon is still very raw. He's just out of junior after a serious disease and started last season with an injury. I'd rather have confirmed pro players with less potential who will make us win games, or rather not lose them since the team plays that way.
I think his post is suggesting that if Bozon can't even get invited, it shows that he isn't that good of a player. The players who made team definitely deserve it more than him.

Closed Thread