HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2016-2017 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast

Old
09-23-2016, 08:22 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I'm saying that's how far gone Bozon is as a prospect that Thrower is a more legitimate reclamation projection.
I just heard and saw highlights from the last 5 games or so and he looked pretty good.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Would Joel Bouchard be a great hire when the team moves to Laval? I have always respected him for his knowledge and from what I've heard he's done a fine job in Blainville.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2016, 11:13 AM
Treb

vCash: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Would Joel Bouchard be a great hire when the team moves to Laval? I have always respected him for his knowledge and from what I've heard he's done a fine job in Blainville.
Definitely better than Sly. Then again, any CHL coach would be my choice before Sly.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2016, 11:56 AM
Daedalus33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
I'm not hopeful about Bozon. He wasn't even chosen by Team France for the Olympic Qualification.
Team France is a team playing for its survival. It was assured not to be relegated this year but was needing to prepare for next Worlds at home (hosting shared with Germany).

At the pro level, Bozon is still unproven. He is just potential for Team France, and potential is not enough. There are more proven players, players who have been playing the international level for many years at the worlds + youngsters playing in quite good european championships . Add a few "star players" and you don't need a player like Bozon who barely scored a few points, even if it was in the AHL. What's more, he has not played good enough, not nearly enough, in preparation games.

Like he says himself, he's a player like any other, no matter what happened to him in the past.

Will most likely play in Europe, unless he shows someting really different this year. I'm not optimitisc. Let's just hope he can have a strong start, no injuries ... then we'll see what's inside of him.

Daedalus33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Pompeius Magnus

Quote:
I'm not super familiar but I do remember him taking on a big leadership role in his brief stint in Hamilton in the mid to late 2000 and being a well spoken, well liked guy. At this point I'd take anyone over Sly so why not !

Pompeius Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2016, 11:50 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus33 View Post
Team France is a team playing for its survival. It was assured not to be relegated this year but was needing to prepare for next Worlds at home (hosting shared with Germany).

At the pro level, Bozon is still unproven. He is just potential for Team France, and potential is not enough. There are more proven players, players who have been playing the international level for many years at the worlds + youngsters playing in quite good european championships . Add a few "star players" and you don't need a player like Bozon who barely scored a few points, even if it was in the AHL. What's more, he has not played good enough, not nearly enough, in preparation games.

Like he says himself, he's a player like any other, no matter what happened to him in the past.

Will most likely play in Europe, unless he shows someting really different this year. I'm not optimitisc. Let's just hope he can have a strong start, no injuries ... then we'll see what's inside of him.
France have absolutely NOTHING player wise. If he had even a remote chance of being a decent AHLer he'd be France's third best player after Bellemare and Da Costa..
Not to mention his dad is France's all time best player in international play. If he can't get an invite even on nepotism that speaks on how bad of a player he is.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2016, 04:48 AM
Daedalus33

Quote:
France have absolutely NOTHING player wise. If he had even a remote chance of being a decent AHLer he'd be France's third best player after Bellemare and Da Costa..
Not to mention his dad is France's all time best player in international play. If he can't get an invite even on nepotism that speaks on how bad of a player he is.
If pro european players mean nothing to you ... of course they are not NHL level, yet they are pros giving their best. Da Costa with CSKA Moscow, Bellemare playing with the Flyers, Roussel with the Stars, Treille brothers have played in Czech league : Yorick played in AHL for three seasons, played in swiss league too, Sacha played in allsvenskan + 1 year in DEL, Teddy Da Costa has been playing in SM liiga + Mestis, Charles Bertrand in SM Liiga, Claireaux from Mestis to SM liiga, Berthon from swiss LNB to LNA, Fleury in KHL after playing SHL, SM Liiga, LNA... I won't make the complete list, many have played or are still playing in good championships.

Are these players just nothing ? What has Bozon done except good junior stats ? You talk about nepotism, him being in the group for preparation games is almost that. 9 points in 15 games in the ECHL is that good ? Some good ECHL players bust in the french championship. 8 points in 41 AHL games gives you what at the international level ?

I'm just talking about points, not overall play, but Bozon is still very raw. He's just out of junior after a serious disease and started last season with an injury. I'd rather have confirmed pro players with less potential who will make us win games, or rather not lose them since the team plays that way.

Old
09-27-2016, 06:09 AM
Treb

Quote:
22 years old kid vs 30 years old vet. I'm pretty sure he will be a France NT regular starting 25 yo and up.

The team had 1 24 years old and 2 21 years old and the rest were vets.

He was still part of the WC team (one of 4 U24 guys there).

Old
09-27-2016, 07:09 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus33 View Post
If pro european players mean nothing to you ... of course they are not NHL level, yet they are pros giving their best. Da Costa with CSKA Moscow, Bellemare playing with the Flyers, Roussel with the Stars, Treille brothers have played in Czech league : Yorick played in AHL for three seasons, played in swiss league too, Sacha played in allsvenskan + 1 year in DEL, Teddy Da Costa has been playing in SM liiga + Mestis, Charles Bertrand in SM Liiga, Claireaux from Mestis to SM liiga, Berthon from swiss LNB to LNA, Fleury in KHL after playing SHL, SM Liiga, LNA... I won't make the complete list, many have played or are still playing in good championships.

Are these players just nothing ? What has Bozon done except good junior stats ? You talk about nepotism, him being in the group for preparation games is almost that. 9 points in 15 games in the ECHL is that good ? Some good ECHL players bust in the french championship. 8 points in 41 AHL games gives you what at the international level ?

I'm just talking about points, not overall play, but Bozon is still very raw. He's just out of junior after a serious disease and started last season with an injury. I'd rather have confirmed pro players with less potential who will make us win games, or rather not lose them since the team plays that way.
I think his post is suggesting that if Bozon can't even get invited, it shows that he isn't that good of a player. The players who made team definitely deserve it more than him.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2016, 07:54 AM
Daedalus33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think his post is suggesting that if Bozon can't even get invited, it shows that he isn't that good of a player. The players who made team definitely deserve it more than him.
That's right, but I couldn't help react to "France have absolutely NOTHING player wise". It's just not true, we don't have superstars, most are hard working average players, but you need guys like these to build a team.

We'll see what Bozon does this year with the caps. I'm not expecting much to be honest. Wish him the best though.

Old
09-27-2016, 12:15 PM
Your Boy Troy

David Broll signs with the Beast. Would not be surprised if it is upgraded to an AHL contact or if he signs a PTO at some point (if injuries occur). Very pleased with this signing. Brampton needed some toughness, and he is a legitimate top-six forward in the ECHL.

Your Boy Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Looks like the Ice Caps will have a few vets including the following when they clear waivers:

Farnham, Bobby RW
Friberg, Max RW
Samuelsson, Philip D
Matteau, Stefan
Terry, Chris

Assuming Condon, McCarron, and likely Carr and maybe even Barberio will be joining them as well.

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2016, 01:55 AM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2016, 04:00 AM
S Bah

It's certainly a great sign for the parent Habs team, to have so many prospects in St.John's that were drafted by NHL teams, besides their own picks. Those 5 players are:

Stefan Matteau
Max Friberg
David Broll
Chris Terry
Philip Samuelsson

All players that have shown their great desire to become NHLers, alongside these prospects are some very good Free Agent signings 12 of them:

Phil DeSimone
Markus Eisenschmid
Joel Hanley
Tom Parisi
Ryan Johnston
Bobby Farnham
Charlie Lindgren
Justin Baker
Jeremie Blain
Mathieu Coderre-Gagnon
Yannick Veilleux
Stefano Momesso

All of these players will have their work cut out for them earning a role on the IceCaps this season, considering there are 11 Habs high draft choices that will be in camp. Making the team when there are 28 players in camp, all with their eyes on the Prize.(First making the IceCaps, then the Calder Cup playoffs, then hopefully joining the Habs for their long run at the Stanley Cup.) Some of these players will likely get the call at Christmas, so the Habs can rest a couple of veterans (With minor Xmas injuries, a time honored procedure since the 60's at least.) Others will probably earn a look after Xmas if there play with the Habs forces the GM to make a decision that is like a late Christmas present for him, IMHO!!!...

All I can say this season, is that making the Habs roster will probably earn you a Stanley Cup Championship Ring, the one with the 2016 - 2017 Montreal Canadiens NHL Champions on it, spelled out in white gold with diamonds spelling HABS & your Number on it!!!...

Go Baby Habs Go!!!...

Definitely the season to go like there's no tomorrow, work your butts off and get that opportunity to play. Then fight like hell to keep that chance, every second of every shift, every period, every game AND every intermission & practice keep your ears & eyes wide open, learning every scrap of knowledge the veterans help you with. Go Habs Prospects Go!!!...

The next opportunity to win that ring could be a very long time, so get on that horse and ride like hell!!!...

This message is for everyone listed and those not listed, and Phil DeSimone whose play with the Bulldogs was great IMHO!!!.......

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Vachon23

Quote:
That will be aswome he is a great coach and he as alone of credibility

Vachon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Pompeius Magnus

Quote:
They'll get at least two more guys from the big camp so that will help a little. But they always have small camps in the AHL, the NHL teams always want to cut cost as much as possible with their farm clubs. If there's some injuries they'll just call guys up from the ECHL affiliate.

Pompeius Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2016, 12:50 AM
Bacchus1

Barberio should be a great addition. AHL team could be competitive this year.

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2016, 02:13 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Crisp with 2 goals and an apple! He's not dead yet!

I remember he had a decent AHL preseason last year I think. I liked him in junior. I wish there was a way he could get it cracking.

Bozon did alright at the end of last year. Super long shots but I'll root for them.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2016, 12:57 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Crisp with 2 goals and an apple! He's not dead yet!

I remember he had a decent AHL preseason last year I think. I liked him in junior. I wish there was a way he could get it cracking.

Bozon did alright at the end of last year. Super long shots but I'll root for them.
I liked him because he played goaltender once

So any guess for the lineup? I'm thinking McCarron start the year in the AHL and finish the season with the team. Come playoff time, his size will be useful and much needed.

Hudon - McCarron - Scherbak
Terry - De La Rose - Friberg
Matteau - Audette - Farnham
Crisp - Grégoire - Eisenschmid

Samuelsson - Barberio
Parisi - Lernout
Racine - Hanley
Didier, Thrower

Lindgren
Fucale

Seems like the team is short of good forwards with the departures of Holloway and Dumont...

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2016, 01:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Montreal View Post
So any guess for the lineup? I'm thinking McCarron start the year in the AHL and finish the season with the team. Come playoff time, his size will be useful and much needed.

Hudon - McCarron - Scherbak
Terry - De La Rose - Friberg
Matteau - Audette - Farnham
Crisp - Grégoire - Eisenschmid

Samuelsson - Barberio
Parisi - Lernout
Racine - Hanley
Didier, Thrower

Lindgren
Fucale

Seems like the team is short of good forwards with the departures of Holloway and Dumont...
I would wait and see if they sign any of the FA's they have at camp like Desimone or Veilleux.

But on defense Johnston will be in the top 6. I was hoping Didier would get more of a shot this year after playing well last year, wonder if he goes to the ECHL with Thrower and or Blain.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2016, 02:25 PM
Newfy OilPenguin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I would wait and see if they sign any of the FA's they have at camp like Desimone or Veilleux.

But on defense Johnston will be in the top 6. I was hoping Didier would get more of a shot this year after playing well last year, wonder if he goes to the ECHL with Thrower and or Blain.

Desimone was okay last night. Veilleux was invisible. This Broll character needs to be let go ASAP. Slow player even in the AHL. Last nights game was good. Fucale looks to have a little rust. 2/5 goals last night were weak shots/rebounds

Newfy OilPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2016, 11:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy OilPenguin View Post
Desimone was okay last night. Veilleux was invisible. This Broll character needs to be let go ASAP. Slow player even in the AHL. Last nights game was good. Fucale looks to have a little rust. 2/5 goals last night were weak shots/rebounds
I could see Desimone getting an AHL deal, although I wasn't a big fan of his the last time he played for our AHL club if I recall correctly. Assuming Condon clears waivers, Fucale could be in the ECHL since I don't think they would go with 3 goalies as it would be stupid to have him sit when he needs to badly work on his rebound control.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy OilPenguin View Post

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2016, 06:45 PM
dcal64

Quote:
You should watch some AHL games, then you would see why the habs need a Broll type person, AHL is littered with the Stortini type players. Someone needs to fight, hopefully it's Broll and not McCarron.

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
You should watch some AHL games, then you would see why the habs need a Broll type person, AHL is littered with the Stortini type players. Someone needs to fight, hopefully it's Broll and not McCarron.
At that point, why not Sena Acolatse, Phillippe Paradis or Cody Beach who are way better than him? If we needed an enforcer, might as well go for one that can play hockey a bit.