HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

starting goalie 01.10.06

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 12:50 PM
interminded

vCash: 500
Just for the record:

It's not like I don't like Manny Legace.
He's a standup guy and a great goaltender.

It's just that Chris Osgood gets trashed needlessly hard for the same mistakes Manny would make too.
6 goals against Dallas is a lot, true. But shouldn't he have been yanked way before that point ? And isn't it a bit unfair to still judge him for that ?

The funniest thing however is that Chris and Manny are really good friends and they probably would have a good laugh together if they would read what is written about them on this board.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Higgy4

I got sidetracked with this whole thing. We can split hairs all day about the Eric Cole goal. The bottom line is that Manny is very much responsible for that goal because of his bad play on the initial shot. Is ALL his fault? No. But sarcastro came in here after the Canes game and flamed pretty hard on Woolley and blamed him solely for that goal.

I just want him to be fair in his analysis. Had Osgood been in net, he would have directed some blame to him. I just think he should do the same when that situation arises with Manny.

Thats all.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Just Joshin'

I think Osgood has done a good job considering that he's not a #1 goalie. A 12-5-3 record is pretty good for a backup. Except his bad games have been really bad (gave up 6 goals in three games and 4 goals twice). He's not going to steal a win but he's at least kept the Wings in most of the games when Manny was out. He's won 12 out of 20 games (60%) which isn't too bad.

Old
01-12-2006, 04:57 PM
jacK

Quote:
Originally Posted by interminded
You can't say if Manny would have stopped Ozzie goals and Ozzie stopping Manny's goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by interminded
It's just that Chris Osgood gets trashed needlessly hard for the same mistakes Manny would make too.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:22 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK

Closed Thread