HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Grabner

Old
07-01-2016, 08:21 PM
FLYLine27
BUCH

vCash: 500
He was very good on the PK last season with the terrible leafs:

Quote:
A year ago, the Austrian was on for just 22 power-play goals against, one every 11:18.
Big reason why the Leafs, as brutal as they were, still had almost a top 10 PK.

And to compare the Rangers:

Quote:
Rangers first-tandem partners Jesper Fast and Dominic Moore (on his way to other pastures as a free agent) were each on for 24 PPGAs in just over 171 minutes, or one goal per 7:08. Derek Stepan was on for a PPGA every 6:50 and Rick Nash one every 9:02.
Per Brooks

FLYLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Trapper
Pain is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time NYR View Post
From what I've heard and read Grabner has lost some speed since having the hernia surgerys before leaving the Isles. Didn't watch him at all last season to know for sure but could be worth nothing if he's not flying around like he did in his early days with the Isles. Still a marginally slower Geabner is faster than most, I like this signing.
Grabner is still as fast as ever but can't score to save his life. Seemed like he had a couple of breakaways every game. Does everything else well. You love him and hate because you will be like look at him go but man why can't he score.

Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Miller Time NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
Grabner is still as fast as ever but can't score to save his life. Seemed like he had a couple of breakaways every game. Does everything else well. You love him and hate because you will be like look at him go but man why can't he score.
Alright good to hesr, and I'm already preparing myself for the nonexistent finish helps that were used to that with Kreider already.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:17 PM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

I like, and mucho cool with it.

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:27 PM
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster

Good signing Ranger fans, always liked Grabner's speed & $1.2 million per year is a heck of a deal for that speed. Unfortunately, that speed will be causing pains for my Pens for the next 2 seasons.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:33 PM
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster

Quote:
I think the very fact he has a break away every game keeps opposing dmen on their toes, especially when they got the puck in your zone. Makes them think twice about pinching in. The way that speed gets into your opponent's game plan & the way it makes them hesitate is well worth it for $1.2 million, even if it doesn't result in goals.

That's just my opinion tho, I could see how frustrating it could be to see so many breakaways withou scoring goals also. I just think speed has proven to be the most important aspect of NHL style hockey in this day & age.

Old
07-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Trapper
Pain is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobeeDoobeeDoo View Post
I think the very fact he has a break away every game keeps opposing dmen on their toes, especially when they got the puck in your zone. Makes them think twice about pinching in. The way that speed gets into your opponent's game plan & the way it makes them hesitate is well worth it for $1.2 million, even if it doesn't result in goals.

That's just my opinion tho, I could see how frustrating it could be to see so many breakaways withou scoring goals also. I just think speed has proven to be the most important aspect of NHL style hockey in this day & age.
I think Grabner will be good for you guys. He's fast, is not a turnover machine, has decent hickey IQ, gets to where he should be and is great on the PK.
It's just the scoring. Maybe he finds his touch but if not your board will probably be divided half through the season of love him/hate him crowd. Ours was but I actually did like him.

Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:53 PM
TheRobotDevil13

Quote:
Good signing Ranger fans, always liked Grabner's speed & $1.2 million per year is a heck of a deal for that speed. Unfortunately, that speed will be causing pains for my Pens for the next 2 seasons.
Im still surprised the ranger let Hagelin go his. Grabnerspeed is disruptive i'm just not sure if he's the same player he was. Or if his decline was A product of the leafs and injuries. He could thrive only time will tell.

TheRobotDevil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 11:22 PM
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobotDevil13 View Post
Im still surprised the ranger let Hagelin go his. Grabnerspeed is disruptive i'm just not sure if he's the same player he was. Or if his decline was A product of the leafs and injuries. He could thrive only time will tell.
Letting Hagelin go was a mistake no doubt, but they were strapped for cap space so they had to trade him. Also, we did not see how you could win the Stanley Cup on pure speed until this season. For $1.2 million a season, I think the Rangers got a game changer. Not enough to win the Cup, but it's a step in the right direction.

Old
07-01-2016, 11:51 PM
TheRobotDevil13

Quote:
Letting Hagelin go was a mistake no doubt, but they were strapped for cap space so they had to trade him. Also, we did not see how you could win the Stanley Cup on pure speed until this season. For $1.2 million a season, I think the Rangers got a game changer. Not enough to win the Cup, but it's a step in the right direction.
They did get him at a great cap hit. If he can find his old game he could be a major key to their offense. I agree there has definitely been a shift in the NHL. Speed is a very valuable asset now. I think we will see A lot of teams trending toward speed and skill. Grabner could very well be an asset to the rangers. I'm curious who the rangers pair him up with. His drop in production may have had a lot to do with Toronto not utilizing him properly.

Old
07-02-2016, 12:22 AM
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster

Quote:
I think Grabner will be good for you guys. He's fast, is not a turnover machine, has decent hickey IQ, gets to where he should be and is great on the PK.
It's just the scoring. Maybe he finds his touch but if not your board will probably be divided half through the season of love him/hate him crowd. Ours was but I actually did like him.
I agree, but I'm not a Ranger fan.

Old
07-02-2016, 12:22 AM
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster

Quote:
They did get him at a great cap hit. If he can find his old game he could be a major key to their offense. I agree there has definitely been a shift in the NHL. Speed is a very valuable asset now. I think we will see A lot of teams trending toward speed and skill. Grabner could very well be an asset to the rangers. I'm curious who the rangers pair him up with. His drop in production may have had a lot to do with Toronto not utilizing him properly.
He didn't lose his speed, he just started playing for the Leafs.

Old
07-02-2016, 12:36 AM
TheRobotDevil13

Quote:
He didn't lose his speed, he just started playing for the Leafs.
I was just looking at the drop of in his production since 2012. If I remember right he had a concussion then.I believe he also had a hernia surgery and another injury. He missed A lot of games and couldn't seem to put it together last year. He doesn't seem to have lost a step after watching footage. He may have just lost some confidence which can be fixed

Old
07-02-2016, 12:51 AM
Mikos87

He's going to be a good role player. Imo they'll slot him in the Hagelin role next to Hayes

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 01:44 AM
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster

Quote:
I was just looking at the drop of in his production since 2012. If I remember right he had a concussion then.I believe he also had a hernia surgery and another injury. He missed A lot of games and couldn't seem to put it together last year. He doesn't seem to have lost a step after watching footage. He may have just lost some confidence which can be fixed
He was good in 2013 as well, but the stats don't reflect that because much of the season got locked out.

Old
07-02-2016, 03:48 AM
egelband

Does this mean Stalberg is gone?

Edit: never mind

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 09:08 AM
HFBS

This is the kind of signing we used to laugh at the *****ders for when we were throwing around the big bucks and no one wanted to play for them.

HFBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 09:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFBS View Post
This is the kind of signing we used to laugh at the *****ders for when we were throwing around the big bucks and no one wanted to play for them.
And that means.......

07-02-2016, 09:58 AM
HFBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
And that means.......
Figure it out.

HFBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 10:01 AM
eyjee
the basement

Quote:
Figure it out.
Posts like this deserve responses like this

YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF

eyjee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 11:17 AM
2ndGenIslander
Free Broadway Jay

I always liked grabner and still do. He had that 34 goal season with us, then after that it felt like the league sort of figured him out. His hands were never able to keep up with his speed. You can think of him as a poor mans haguelin

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 11:27 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Figure it out.
Dynamite discourse....

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Crease

Poor man's Carl Hagelin or rich man's Rico Fata?

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Krams
Banned User

vCash: 69
Quote:
Figure it out.
I think you have brought up a lot to consider, thank you for your insightful post

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I love the signing. Gives us help on the PK. We need the help. He played for AV before, right?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote