HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Grabner

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2016, 08:21 PM
  #76
FLYLine27
BUCH
 
FLYLine27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 41,434
vCash: 500
He was very good on the PK last season with the terrible leafs:



Quote:
A year ago, the Austrian was on for just 22 power-play goals against, one every 11:18.
Big reason why the Leafs, as brutal as they were, still had almost a top 10 PK.

And to compare the Rangers:

Quote:
Rangers first-tandem partners Jesper Fast and Dominic Moore (on his way to other pastures as a free agent) were each on for 24 PPGAs in just over 171 minutes, or one goal per 7:08. Derek Stepan was on for a PPGA every 6:50 and Rick Nash one every 9:02.
Per Brooks

FLYLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 08:58 PM
  #77
Trapper
Pain is Coming
 
Trapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time NYR View Post
From what I've heard and read Grabner has lost some speed since having the hernia surgerys before leaving the Isles. Didn't watch him at all last season to know for sure but could be worth nothing if he's not flying around like he did in his early days with the Isles. Still a marginally slower Geabner is faster than most, I like this signing.
Grabner is still as fast as ever but can't score to save his life. Seemed like he had a couple of breakaways every game. Does everything else well. You love him and hate because you will be like look at him go but man why can't he score.

Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:01 PM
  #78
Miller Time NYR
Registered User
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 6,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
Grabner is still as fast as ever but can't score to save his life. Seemed like he had a couple of breakaways every game. Does everything else well. You love him and hate because you will be like look at him go but man why can't he score.
Alright good to hesr, and I'm already preparing myself for the nonexistent finish helps that were used to that with Kreider already.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:17 PM
  #79
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil
 
NYRFANMANI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: yo old soorbrockon
Country: Germany
Posts: 9,533
vCash: 500
I like, and mucho cool with it.

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:27 PM
  #80
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster
 
DoobeeDoobeeDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Good signing Ranger fans, always liked Grabner's speed & $1.2 million per year is a heck of a deal for that speed. Unfortunately, that speed will be causing pains for my Pens for the next 2 seasons.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:33 PM
  #81
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster
 
DoobeeDoobeeDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
Grabner is still as fast as ever but can't score to save his life. Seemed like he had a couple of breakaways every game. Does everything else well. You love him and hate because you will be like look at him go but man why can't he score.
I think the very fact he has a break away every game keeps opposing dmen on their toes, especially when they got the puck in your zone. Makes them think twice about pinching in. The way that speed gets into your opponent's game plan & the way it makes them hesitate is well worth it for $1.2 million, even if it doesn't result in goals.

That's just my opinion tho, I could see how frustrating it could be to see so many breakaways withou scoring goals also. I just think speed has proven to be the most important aspect of NHL style hockey in this day & age.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:46 PM
  #82
Trapper
Pain is Coming
 
Trapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobeeDoobeeDoo View Post
I think the very fact he has a break away every game keeps opposing dmen on their toes, especially when they got the puck in your zone. Makes them think twice about pinching in. The way that speed gets into your opponent's game plan & the way it makes them hesitate is well worth it for $1.2 million, even if it doesn't result in goals.

That's just my opinion tho, I could see how frustrating it could be to see so many breakaways withou scoring goals also. I just think speed has proven to be the most important aspect of NHL style hockey in this day & age.
I think Grabner will be good for you guys. He's fast, is not a turnover machine, has decent hickey IQ, gets to where he should be and is great on the PK.
It's just the scoring. Maybe he finds his touch but if not your board will probably be divided half through the season of love him/hate him crowd. Ours was but I actually did like him.

Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 09:53 PM
  #83
TheRobotDevil13
Registered User
 
TheRobotDevil13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobeeDoobeeDoo View Post
Good signing Ranger fans, always liked Grabner's speed & $1.2 million per year is a heck of a deal for that speed. Unfortunately, that speed will be causing pains for my Pens for the next 2 seasons.
Im still surprised the ranger let Hagelin go his. Grabnerspeed is disruptive i'm just not sure if he's the same player he was. Or if his decline was A product of the leafs and injuries. He could thrive only time will tell.

TheRobotDevil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 11:22 PM
  #84
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster
 
DoobeeDoobeeDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobotDevil13 View Post
Im still surprised the ranger let Hagelin go his. Grabnerspeed is disruptive i'm just not sure if he's the same player he was. Or if his decline was A product of the leafs and injuries. He could thrive only time will tell.
Letting Hagelin go was a mistake no doubt, but they were strapped for cap space so they had to trade him. Also, we did not see how you could win the Stanley Cup on pure speed until this season. For $1.2 million a season, I think the Rangers got a game changer. Not enough to win the Cup, but it's a step in the right direction.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2016, 11:51 PM
  #85
TheRobotDevil13
Registered User
 
TheRobotDevil13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobeeDoobeeDoo View Post
Letting Hagelin go was a mistake no doubt, but they were strapped for cap space so they had to trade him. Also, we did not see how you could win the Stanley Cup on pure speed until this season. For $1.2 million a season, I think the Rangers got a game changer. Not enough to win the Cup, but it's a step in the right direction.
They did get him at a great cap hit. If he can find his old game he could be a major key to their offense. I agree there has definitely been a shift in the NHL. Speed is a very valuable asset now. I think we will see A lot of teams trending toward speed and skill. Grabner could very well be an asset to the rangers. I'm curious who the rangers pair him up with. His drop in production may have had a lot to do with Toronto not utilizing him properly.

TheRobotDevil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 12:22 AM
  #86
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster
 
DoobeeDoobeeDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
I think Grabner will be good for you guys. He's fast, is not a turnover machine, has decent hickey IQ, gets to where he should be and is great on the PK.
It's just the scoring. Maybe he finds his touch but if not your board will probably be divided half through the season of love him/hate him crowd. Ours was but I actually did like him.
I agree, but I'm not a Ranger fan.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 12:22 AM
  #87
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster
 
DoobeeDoobeeDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobotDevil13 View Post
They did get him at a great cap hit. If he can find his old game he could be a major key to their offense. I agree there has definitely been a shift in the NHL. Speed is a very valuable asset now. I think we will see A lot of teams trending toward speed and skill. Grabner could very well be an asset to the rangers. I'm curious who the rangers pair him up with. His drop in production may have had a lot to do with Toronto not utilizing him properly.
He didn't lose his speed, he just started playing for the Leafs.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 12:36 AM
  #88
TheRobotDevil13
Registered User
 
TheRobotDevil13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobeeDoobeeDoo View Post
He didn't lose his speed, he just started playing for the Leafs.
I was just looking at the drop of in his production since 2012. If I remember right he had a concussion then.I believe he also had a hernia surgery and another injury. He missed A lot of games and couldn't seem to put it together last year. He doesn't seem to have lost a step after watching footage. He may have just lost some confidence which can be fixed

TheRobotDevil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 12:51 AM
  #89
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,149
vCash: 500
He's going to be a good role player. Imo they'll slot him in the Hagelin role next to Hayes

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 01:44 AM
  #90
DoobeeDoobeeDoo
The Doobster
 
DoobeeDoobeeDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobotDevil13 View Post
I was just looking at the drop of in his production since 2012. If I remember right he had a concussion then.I believe he also had a hernia surgery and another injury. He missed A lot of games and couldn't seem to put it together last year. He doesn't seem to have lost a step after watching footage. He may have just lost some confidence which can be fixed
He was good in 2013 as well, but the stats don't reflect that because much of the season got locked out.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 03:48 AM
  #91
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Yokohama
Country: United States
Posts: 2,525
vCash: 500
Does this mean Stalberg is gone?

Edit: never mind

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 09:08 AM
  #92
HFBS
Registered User
 
HFBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 768
vCash: 500
This is the kind of signing we used to laugh at the *****ders for when we were throwing around the big bucks and no one wanted to play for them.

HFBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 09:51 AM
  #93
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,843
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFBS View Post
This is the kind of signing we used to laugh at the *****ders for when we were throwing around the big bucks and no one wanted to play for them.
And that means.......

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 09:58 AM
  #94
HFBS
Registered User
 
HFBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
And that means.......
Figure it out.

HFBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 10:01 AM
  #95
eyjee
the basement
 
eyjee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alphabetrium
Country: United States
Posts: 27,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFBS View Post
Figure it out.
Posts like this deserve responses like this



YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF

eyjee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 11:17 AM
  #96
2ndGenIslander
Free Broadway Jay
 
2ndGenIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 3,557
vCash: 500
I always liked grabner and still do. He had that 34 goal season with us, then after that it felt like the league sort of figured him out. His hands were never able to keep up with his speed. You can think of him as a poor mans haguelin

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 11:27 AM
  #97
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,843
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFBS View Post
Figure it out.
Dynamite discourse....

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 12:04 PM
  #98
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,893
vCash: 500
Poor man's Carl Hagelin or rich man's Rico Fata?

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 12:26 PM
  #99
Krams
Banned User
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: [unknown]
Country:
Posts: 5,644
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFBS View Post
Figure it out.
I think you have brought up a lot to consider, thank you for your insightful post

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2016, 01:01 PM
  #100
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,256
vCash: 500
I love the signing. Gives us help on the PK. We need the help. He played for AV before, right?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.