HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Wings@Hurricanes 1/10, 7PM, OLN

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Higgy4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8snake
So Datsyuk gets blasted on here (rightfully so, his play has tailed off) while board favs Lang and Shanny (especially Lang) avoid the wrath. Lang, for the last time to Higgy and the rest of the "Lang Gang" on this board, is an abysmal player who is absolutely useless to this team. Yzerman, who I admit Ive been pretty hard on, showed more courage and heart on one first period goal than Lang has shown all year. The guy is a turnover machine, makes ridiculously dumb passes, rarely skates and losses EVERY SINGLE BATTLE for along the boards or for lose pucks. I dont want to hear about the playoffs last season, or his broken hand....THIS season he has been almost "Krupp like". I know Lang wont be here next season, but I want him gone ASAP. I've watched Hank, Datsyuk and Draper at the end of long shifts bust their tail to back check....Lang trails the play and skates like it's pond hockey. Lang isnt a Babcock player, and doesnt fit the style Babcock wants the Wings to play at all.

Obviously you havent been reading the board lately. I am involved in every thread talking about trading Lang. I want him to be traded for good return though. I am not a fan of trading a guy just to get him out of here. Lang can bring the Wings a good return, Kenny just has to find it.

So the "Lang Gang" thing is pretty weak.

You wont find me ever just flat out bashing a guy and you will never see me hangin on anybodys nuts on this board either. I am always even keel when it comes to the Red Wings.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:01 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu
This is pretty subjective, but it just occurred to me watching Lang the last week or so. Do you guys remember when he first got here how he always seemed to be smiling, like he was always upbeat and optimistic. I just realized though that he doesn't look like the same guy, both in terms of play and his outward appearance. Yeah, I agree with a lot of the comments that he seems to be floating, kinda lost, not using his size at all, always a second too late to the right spot or to shoot. Is it possible that he is still injured? If he just didn't care, he would be smirking or something, but I never figured he was that kind of player. I'm not sure what happened with Robert here.
I know this is kind of a harsh thing to say, but Lang doesn't strike me as the sort of guy that would play if he were hurt. Maybe if he had a broken finger or something, but if his groin were still bad, he wouldn't be out there. That's just the sense I get. Besides, if his groin really were still hurting him, he shouldn't be out there. Not unless he wants to end up destroying his body and ending his career so he can play in January. Doesn't make much sense to me. Something else must be up.

Old
01-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
I know this is kind of a harsh thing to say, but Lang doesn't strike me as the sort of guy that would play if he were hurt. Maybe if he had a broken finger or something, but if his groin were still bad, he wouldn't be out there. That's just the sense I get. Besides, if his groin really were still hurting him, he shouldn't be out there. Not unless he wants to end up destroying his body and ending his career so he can play in January. Doesn't make much sense to me. Something else must be up.
You mean the same Robert Lang who played most of the 03/04 playoffs with a broken hand? And...was their best forward while doing it?

Old
01-12-2006, 11:25 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
You mean the same Robert Lang who played most of the 03/04 playoffs with a broken hand? And...was their best forward while doing it?
Ok, so he either can still play well hurt or he's not hurt and he's playing like crap. Which is it?

Do you have a better explanation for why he's playing poorly?

Old
01-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
Ok, so he either can still play well hurt or he's not hurt and he's playing like crap. Which is it?

Do you have a better explanation for why he's playing poorly?
I dont know. I just had an issue with you assuming Lang doesnt play hurt. When he proved in the last playoffs that he does play hurt.

Thats all.

Closed Thread