Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2016, 04:55 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
He is a free agent. How is that a mockery?
Gee I don't know. Although my neighbor just said it would be a ****ing joke.

I'm going to change mockery to ****ing joke.

I think that works

Old
07-03-2016, 04:59 PM
hollafamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cartmenez View Post
That's why I take every rumor with a grain of salt. First we were in the lead for Horford, then Atlanta was definitely out, then Washington emerged, then Atlanta was back in the lead and then finally the Celtics.

I just wish he would make his decision within the next few hours...just to get it over with.

By the way: Is it possible that the NBA would block a move to GS? What caused them to block the CP3 trade to the Lakers back then?
Ya however when it comes to WOJ who seems to know the truth 100% of time never take anything he says as a rumor. That why i was so shocked when it happen I was legit stunned. Don't know if lighting will strike twice. WOJ really hasnt said anything about were he is leaning so that is good. And nba blocked that deal because the league owned the hornets at that time which means the owners owned the team and the owners pushed stern to veto the move. It was lopsided deal for the lakers with them getting cp3 for basically a declining paul gasol. Was a good veto. They wont be able to veto durant to warriors at all.

Old
07-03-2016, 05:00 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:
That's why I take every rumor with a grain of salt. First we were in the lead for Horford, then Atlanta was definitely out, then Washington emerged, then Atlanta was back in the lead and then finally the Celtics.

I just wish he would make his decision within the next few hours...just to get it over with.

By the way: Is it possible that the NBA would block a move to GS? What caused them to block the CP3 trade to the Lakers back then?
Well the league Owned one of the 3 teams involved in the CP3 trade, which gave them some real latitude to block the deal.

Who should the league allow Durant to sign with if not GS?

Should he be allowed to sign with a Celtics team that is deep with talent and may have top 3 picks in the next 2 drafts? Why?

Should they simply force him to stay in OKC, and simply rescind the NBA players rights to FA?

Old
07-03-2016, 05:02 PM
CDJ

Meeting with the Thunder is over and now to spend the rest of the night on Twitter

Old
07-03-2016, 05:03 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozamataz Buckshank View Post
ok Skip Bayless

I think KD is more worried about just winning something rather than ending up like Karl Malone
How's that's a skip Bayless take? He'd literally be joining a title team to win rings. It's cherry picking. They wouldn't be his rings, they already have one without him

He's been my favorite player in the league since he entered it btw, so it's not like I dislike him. It's the exact opposite. I have a pair of KD2's in my closet.

It is what it is. If he goes to the Warriors he is cherry picking titles- that's fine. I just won't respect his title wins

Old
07-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollafamer View Post
Ya however when it comes to WOJ who seems to know the truth 100% of time never take anything he says as a rumor. That why i was so shocked when it happen I was legit stunned. Don't know if lighting will strike twice. WOJ really hasnt said anything about were he is leaning so that is good. And nba blocked that deal because the league owned the hornets at that time which means the owners owned the team and the owners pushed stern to veto the move. It was lopsided deal for the lakers with them getting cp3 for basically a declining paul gasol. Was a good veto. They wont be able to veto durant to warriors at all.
They should have done the same when the Lakers got Gasol gift wrapped. Thank god they stepped in.

Woj? I know he's always spot on, but wasn't he saying yesterday that Horford would return to the Hawks and the Celticd were out a few hours/minutes before he broke the news that he would sign with us? He's not 100%, but close.

Not sure I believe that GSW stuff. At least not if he's the type of player I imagine him to be.

Old
07-03-2016, 05:06 PM
JoeIsAStud

So if Durant were to choose GS.

How much do you offer OKC for Westbrook.

Smart, a couple Brooklyn picks, Another couple of roster guys.

Old
07-03-2016, 05:07 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
So if Durant were to choose GS.

How much do you offer OKC for Westbrook.

Smart, a couple Brooklyn picks, Another couple of roster guys.
Everything if you could get him to stay

I think he has laker written all over him

Old
07-03-2016, 05:09 PM
CDJ

Quote:
They should have done the same when the Lakers got Gasol gift wrapped. Thank god they stepped in.

Woj? I know he's always spot on, but wasn't he saying yesterday that Horford would return to the Hawks and the Celticd were out a few hours/minutes before he broke the news that he would sign with us? He's not 100%, but close.

Not sure I believe that GSW stuff. At least not if he's the type of player I imagine him to be.
Didn't one of the pieces the grizz got back end up being Marc Gasol? Not all bad.

Old
07-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Mr Cartmenez

Durant will have the opportunity to re-enter the market next year. What is his thinking? Wouldn't it be wise to sign with us for 1 year to see if and how it works? But he may also think that 1 year GSW = 1 title and then when the pressure of winning a title is gone, he picks another up- and coming team like the Celtics or just goes back to OKC (if Westbrook stays.)

I think he is perfectly fine with the Celtics but afraid that our firepower is not enough to get him a ring.

Old
07-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Gee I don't know. Although my neighbor just said it would be a ****ing joke.

I'm going to change mockery to ****ing joke.

I think that works
You're neighbor seems like a jealous type. Nothing wrong with Durant wanting to play with other great players.

Old
07-03-2016, 05:34 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:
Durant will have the opportunity to re-enter the market next year. What is his thinking? Wouldn't it be wise to sign with us for 1 year to see if and how it works? But he may also think that 1 year GSW = 1 title and then when the pressure of winning a title is gone, he picks another up- and coming team like the Celtics or just goes back to OKC (if Westbrook stays.)

I think he is perfectly fine with the Celtics but afraid that our firepower is not enough to get him a ring.
I know Durant can do this again next year, but I think he plans to stay long term wherever he signs this year

Old
07-03-2016, 05:38 PM
CDJ

Decision probably coming tomorrow according to those on Twitter. Not going to be about the money apparently according to Bulpett

.....that little bit makes me think it's either gonna be the Warriors or the celtics and I'm leaning Warriors

Old
07-03-2016, 06:08 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Thousand Hours View Post
You're neighbor seems like a jealous type. Nothing wrong with Durant wanting to play with other great players.
He was head of parks and recreation and coached Babe Ruth baseball his kid was a star and played at Dartmouth. My starter went and he just said knowing my wife is out I could use his second car- a Lexus so I'm going to run to Market Basket before any family member gets home and I miss my chance

I never looked at him as the jealous type but his family seems to love me so it's possible he's a bit jealous of me but he shouldn't be he's like living next to Ward Clever he's damn near perfect

Jealousy is a vile trait so I doubt it

Old
07-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery

So if Durant signs with Boston he is the next hero. Anywhere else a would be championship is tainted.

Green teamers...

Old
07-03-2016, 06:15 PM
JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Decision probably coming tomorrow according to those on Twitter. Not going to be about the money apparently according to Bulpett

.....that little bit makes me think it's either gonna be the Warriors or the celtics and I'm leaning Warriors
That totally sounds like Warriors, and I'm sorry that's an a absolute cop out on his part.

Old
07-03-2016, 06:19 PM
CDJ

Quote:
So if Durant signs with Boston he is the next hero. Anywhere else a would be championship is tainted.

Green teamers...
no, he could go to the heat. He could go back to the thunder. He could even go to the clippers who haven't done **** in the playoffs. He would be joining a team that already has won a title without him and been to another (in consecutive years), I don't know what's hard to see about that.

Also who was the last big free agent to sign in Boston though?

Old
07-03-2016, 06:21 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Green teamers...
Reality adverse every chance they get.

Old
07-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:

Green teamers...
You think that is an exclusive Celtics view? Ask any NBA fan which of Lebrons titles is the most impressive. Most (like 90%+) would say Cavs.

Celtics, OKC or bust if he puts any stock in his legacy. That's got nothing to do with being jealous.

Old
07-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Reality adverse every chance they get.
Hey, you're here. Are you gonna admit that you were wrong that cap space means nothing to us or that we failed by not giving up assets for players at the draft?

Old
07-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

vCash: 4000000

Old
07-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
You think that is an exclusive Celtics view? Ask any NBA fan which of Lebrons titles is the most impressive. Most (like 90%+) would say Cavs.

Celtics, OKC or bust if he puts any stock in his legacy. That's got nothing to do with being jealous.
It's absolutely not a Celtics view. You're right. It's a leaguewide view. Go on r/nba if he signs with Golden State and every team's fans will **** on him. Still an annoying attitude though. He's just a basketball player who wants to play good basketball.

Old
07-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Johnnyduke

I have no problem with durant choosing warriors if that's what happens. That's what nba players do these days, they team up with other great players. I don't see what the issue is.

Old
07-03-2016, 06:36 PM
KrejciMVP

Durant can go anywhere he wants, but going to a 70+ win team seems pretty boring to me as an NBA fan. Wake me when its a Cleveland, GS final again.

Old
07-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Delete.

Closed Thread