HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL business aspects discussion

Old
08-03-2016, 04:37 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Remove those "-" in front of numbers, as it looks like they are in negative
fixed

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Jussi

Btw, Twitter followers aren't something that anyone should boast about. Many of them may not be real. E.g. a couple of Finnish...let's use the term sports personalities, although dbags would be more appropriate, boast about their 20-40K followers eventhough it was revealed that 2/3 of those were bots.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2016, 06:02 AM
mkev400

I am actually surprised to see the Zagreb has a page on Vkontakt. Considering that non of the other non-russian teams are represented there. Though I suppose this could be a fan made page, I guess?

mkev400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2016, 07:01 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkev400 View Post
I am actually surprised to see the Zagreb has a page on Vkontakt. Considering that non of the other non-russian teams are represented there. Though I suppose this could be a fan made page, I guess?
I have just checked it one more time. At Medvescak´s page on KHL website, there is an icon of VK account, but Medvescak official website does not have VK among social media accounts. On the other hand VK Medvescak´s page that it is official one. This VK account is run by some fan, not by club directly. So I dont know. I know that Slovan´s VK page was not official a few years ago, but now seems to be official. I guess it is run by fans, not by club.

I think that non-russian clubs should work with VK as well, of course russian market is not priority for non-russian clubs but there is some potential. The same can be applied for russian clubs & FB, where is bigger potential than VK for non-russian clubs.

Old
08-05-2016, 12:43 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

When speaking about bussiness, HC Sochi announced (for TASS Agency) that cooperates with SKA & Team Russia (both is run by Roman Rotenberg) in marketing department and planning to rebrand the logo for new season (and maybe will have 3rd alternative jersey but it is not decided yet). I think it is good news, because SKA´s marketing is best in KHL and maybe in whole hockey Europe.

Old
08-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
When speaking about bussiness, HC Sochi announced (for TASS Agency) that cooperates with SKA & Team Russia (both is run by Roman Rotenberg) in marketing department and planning to rebrand the logo for new season (and maybe will have 3rd alternative jersey but it is not decided yet). I think it is good news, because SKA´s marketing is best in KHL and maybe in whole hockey Europe.
Sochi is ALREADY re-branding? Lol.

Milos Krasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2016, 12:56 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangard Barys View Post
Sochi is ALREADY re-branding? Lol.
I guess you are joking, but still, yes should have new logo, read here.

Quote:
В новом сезоне у нас изменится логотип клуба.
Quote:
we are getting new logo in new season

Old
08-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Milos Krasic
Ballin' in Poland

I know it's kind of common, but rebranding all the time is annoying.

In Russian football, Rubin Kazan has rebranded 4 times in 6 years. It's ridiculous.

Milos Krasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Vicente

Quote:
I guess you are joking, but still, yes should have new logo, read here.
What's wrong with the current one? Looks nice to me.

Change doesn't always mean improvement. Just look at the new Florida Panthers logo.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2016, 10:28 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
This is good to hear. BTW the preseason tournament games have been well attended in Sochi which has been interesting, the organization has potential. A little marketing boost may be all they need to start growing there fan base. Also anyone else think that Florida Panthers design was a rip from Sochi?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2016, 10:51 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
This is good to hear. BTW the preseason tournament games have been well attended in Sochi which has been interesting, the organization has potential. A little marketing boost may be all they need to start growing there fan base. Also anyone else think that Florida Panthers design was a rip from Sochi?
There is interesting article at Sochi website. They mentioned that they are losing tousends of fans because of bad transport to arena, want to fix it. Btw they are new sponsor, Russian railways, so will be more stable in financial department.

Old
08-22-2016, 08:44 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

KHL has launched chinese version of official website. Good move if they want to expand to chinese market.

http://cn.khl.ru/

Old
08-22-2016, 10:47 PM
malkinfan

Huge props to the KHL for its app. For anyone who has not tried it, its worth your time to do so. You can set up notifications for when your team scores then go to the real time scoreboard and watch the goal which today was posted within minutes the goal was scored. I don't know if it will be like that for every game but wow, much better/smoother than the rogers gamecentre app for the NHL. Very impressed, really enhances the fan experience for me at least. In English too.

Old
08-22-2016, 11:35 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Huge props to the KHL for its app. For anyone who has not tried it, its worth your time to do so. You can set up notifications for when your team scores then go to the real time scoreboard and watch the goal which today was posted within minutes the goal was scored. I don't know if it will be like that for every game but wow, much better/smoother than the rogers gamecentre app for the NHL. Very impressed, really enhances the fan experience for me at least. In English too.
great to hear As Cherny has said many times - KHL´s goal is to lure new fans/audience, one group of them are family (women) with kids, second one are young people using mobiles etc (so good app is condition for success). Plus twitter made hashtag #KHL with Gagarin Cup logo. And you can tweet @KHL #счет & they will send you the score of matches. If you use @KHL #Team hashtag, they will send you the score of your team match.

Old
08-23-2016, 12:27 AM
Acallabeth
Curses & prophecies

Yep, the KHL app is pretty good, but it lost Kaprizov somewhere on the way from Novokuznetsk to Ufa.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2016, 07:01 AM
hansomreiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Yep, the KHL app is pretty good, but it lost Kaprizov somewhere on the way from Novokuznetsk to Ufa.
Reminds me of my friend's player in Football Manager who left for vacation and never came back. From a prolific striker to Alexander Supertramp.

The app is really a big step forward, to be honest I didn't expect something so cool from KHL. I am always saying that I am skeptical about the future of this league due to financial reasons but they've been working really hard and in a dedicated way, which really puts my mind at ease.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2016, 09:42 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Sport TV (SVK) is broadcasting KHL Ice Week now, it is summary of the best from last week. Is it production of KHL because it looks like it? Does Viasat broadcast it in SWE/FIN? If it is production of KHL, then it is very good because the league need such magazine.

Old
09-16-2016, 01:16 PM
Jussi

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2016, 01:28 PM
hansomreiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
There are similar reports about Medvescak as well, posted in their thread.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2016, 08:40 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

- Mastercard is a partner of KHL´s new project - Priceless league

Last edited by vorky: 09-28-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old
09-23-2016, 09:46 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

#KHL shares around 32M rubles with CSKA for last season.

Old
09-28-2016, 11:31 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

KHL decided to promote league´s sponsors more. So called Priceless League is named after Mastercard, Fantasy after Haier. It is another way how to promote the sponsors. NHL did it too - NHL Bridgestone Winter Classic.

Old
09-28-2016, 08:18 PM
malkinfan

Baby steps to hopefully long term stability. At least their trying, Chernyshenko appears more business savvy than Medvedev who seemed more like a mob boss (maybe he actually is who knows).

Old
10-17-2016, 07:57 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Sportfakt.ru published list of top 30 players salaries in KHL this season. Dont know how accurate the numbers are.

Old
10-17-2016, 08:16 AM
SoundAndFury

Pretty much entire SKA roster there, who could have guessed. Also, if this list is corrected, Salavat were morons to give Svedberg extension for that much money instead of letting him go. Koshechkin seems a bit overpaid too but I guess Magnitka can't hear me since they have those Gagarin cup rings plugging their ears.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote