HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** Crosby, Hail Ovechkin

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2006, 05:23 PM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
**** Crosby, Hail Ovechkin

I think that with the amount of hatred that is building against Crosby, including his team mates i think the NHL needs to start paying more attention to Alexander Ovechekin, he is unreal, and his goals alone, not to mention his visor, stlye, and hitting, are very marktable. Just teach him some english and we will be set.

Old
01-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Lupul*

Why is this in the Flyers board?

Old
01-17-2006, 05:35 PM
TheKingPin

Im sorry are you not a hockey fan at all? Cause this happens to involve some pretty big players as well as the future of the NHL.

Old
01-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicto10
Why is this in the Flyers board?
I havent a clue but I agree with him!

Old
01-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
I think that with the amount of hatred that is building against Crosby, including his team mates i think the NHL needs to start paying more attention to Alexander Ovechekin, he is unreal, and his goals alone, not to mention his visor, stlye, and hitting, are very marktable. Just teach him some english and we will be set.
How do you know his teammates hate him?

Old
01-17-2006, 05:47 PM
deuceswild

crosby was a huge let down for marketing the NHL. Ovechskin's overall look, speed, style of play etc, people i know who have no interest at all are now looking into the nhl. Now only if i could pull them towards the flyers...

Old
01-17-2006, 05:52 PM
goodrev

honestly the flyers have a great fanbase, and they do not need the fans... teams like washington, tampa, pheonix, florida, nashville, atlanta and a lode of other crap market teams need them so i think its fantastic that a player with that type of draw is on washington... Personally this year i was expecting production like that out of Carter... WRONG lol, its easy to see why the kid was taken #1 2 years ago

Old
01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceswild
crosby was a huge let down for marketing the NHL.
I dislike Crosby also, but that is just plain wrong.

Old
01-17-2006, 06:02 PM
st5801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
I think that with the amount of hatred that is building against Crosby, including his team mates
Not true. The only place where "hatred is building" is well, right here! Crosby is good, plays hard, and people get pissed off and turn to whining that he whines, dives, cheats, drives in limos, yells at LeClair, personally inflicted bodily harm on their family, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceswild
crosby was a huge let down for marketing the NHL.

Last edited by st5801: 01-17-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old
01-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStanley
Not true. The only place where "hatred is building" is well, right here! Crosby is good, plays hard, and people get pissed off and turn to whining that he whines, dives, cheats, drives in limos, yells at LeClair, personally inflicted bodily harm on their family, etc.

I hate to break it to you but everyone except Pens fans and some Canadians think Crosby is a whiner and diver and thats because he is just that.

Old
01-17-2006, 06:12 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
I hate to break it to you but everyone except Pens fans and some Canadians think Crosby is a whiner and diver and thats because he is just that.

That's also true.

Old
01-17-2006, 06:12 PM
st5801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Having watched every game he's played in, I can conclude he doesn't whine any more than 95% of the other players out there. Same with diving. It's hard to tell whats a dive and what isn't when he's getting hooked and high sticked every time he goes by a defenseman, so I can also conclude I've seen him only dive few times.

Typically the most complaints come just after a game in which he plays very well. See the game with Crosby's overtime winner vs Philly where he also had 3 teeth chipped off.

Old
01-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Having watched every game he's played in, I can conclude he doesn't whine any more than 95% of the other players out there. Same with diving. It's hard to tell whats a dive and what isn't when he's getting hooked and high sticked every time he goes by a defenseman, so I can also conclude I've seen him only dive few times.

Typically the most complaints come just after a game in which he plays very well. See the game with Crosby's overtime winner vs Philly where he also had 3 teeth chipped off.
pens fan?

he whines and dives more than most

this thread will be closed in 3..2..

Old
01-17-2006, 06:39 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
1?

Old
01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Grave77digger

indeed

Old
01-17-2006, 07:15 PM
BringBackStevens

this is a pointless post

both are amazing players, even if i find crosby to be a little girly/prepubescent, im willing to admit that.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Isn't Ovy a free agent after this season?

F#ck, if we sign him, oh my god, I will die a happy man.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:02 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train
Isn't Ovy a free agent after this season?

F#ck, if we sign him, oh my god, I will die a happy man.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Jeez... if someone who wasn't familiar with hockey came in here and read this, they'd think that Crosby had no talent at all.

Crosby's a very good hockey player, and since he's still got years to develop, he could still become a perennial 100-point player. He's just not as good as Ovechkin is.

Old
01-17-2006, 09:17 PM
gbl1p

I didn't know there was a choice between the two. Good post though.

Old
01-17-2006, 09:45 PM
capn89*

Quote:

Yep, three teeth he had knocked out by a guy who was burning mad at the blindside, cross check cheap shot that he threw earlier in the game. Hatcher may not be the "cleanest" player in the league, but I'll give the guy his due when he knocks the chiclets out of the mouth of a little whiney brat who throws cheap shots... and dives... and whines... and is no better than a spoiled rich kid. No parent would deal with a little punk like that without beating his ***, so why should NHL fans?

Old
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
gbl1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
Yep, three teeth he had knocked out by a guy who was burning mad at the blindside, cross check cheap shot that he threw earlier in the game. Hatcher may not be the "cleanest" player in the league, but I'll give the guy his due when he knocks the chiclets out of the mouth of a little whiney brat who throws cheap shots... and dives... and whines... and is no better than a spoiled rich kid. No parent would deal with a little punk like that without beating his ***, so why should NHL fans?
Anger issues, bud?

Closed Thread