HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michel Therrien's fabulous speach

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2006, 10:15 PM
HABit

vCash: 500
Michel Therrien's fabulous speach

Did anyone hear this? Wow, just wow.

I can't remember it word for word but he said that his team should give back 40% of their salaries because they didn't play the entire game. He also said his defensive squad is striving to be the worst in the league. Also that they don't care. It was just brutal, I was shocked when I heard him!

I got to see that again, keep watching TSN or Sportsnet they'll show it again soon.

Old
01-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABit

I can't remember it word for word but he said that his team should give back 40% of their salaries because they didn't play the entire game. He also said his defensive squad is striving to be the worst in the league. Also that they don't care. It was just brutal, I was shocked when I heard him!

I got to see that again, keep watching TSN or Sportsnet they'll show it again soon.
lololol

dagnais is available

Old
01-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:

what's wrong with what he said ?

Old
01-10-2006, 10:24 PM
HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuCKoivu
what's wrong with what he said ?
IMO classless. You don't tell the media how ****** your team is no matter how bad they really are. Give as much hell as you want to your team but not to the media.

No matter how bad the habs are Julien always remains classy on camera.

Old
01-10-2006, 10:26 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
IMO classless. You don't tell the media how ****** your team is no matter how bad they really are. Give as much hell as you want to your team but not to the media.

Yeah and I get the feeling he's the same way in the dressing room, which is why we aren't giving enough effort.

"Oh well guys...Another loss...Don't worry, we were just unlucky...Better luck next time...The most important thing is to have fun!"

Old
01-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
Yeah and I get the feeling he's the same way in the dressing room, which is why we aren't giving enough effort.

"Oh well guys...Another loss...Don't worry, we were just unlucky...Better luck next time...The most important thing is to have fun!"
Tell that to Bulis.

Old
01-10-2006, 10:29 PM
HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave

I truly doubt that. He's classy with the media but I am sure he's a tyrant in the dressing room. Julien is the least of our problems.

Old
01-10-2006, 10:33 PM
phil

it was priceless...

Old
01-11-2006, 12:34 AM
galuda

i dont see why its classless
what's he supposed to say to the media?
How proud he is of his team and how well they've been playing?

Its not like it was just one bad game...

Old
01-11-2006, 12:54 AM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:

Hockey players aren't little puppy, we don't need to take them by the hands and never attacks them in fear that they don't take it the right way.

He did a good thing

Old
01-11-2006, 01:35 AM
HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
Hockey players aren't little puppy, we don't need to take them by the hands and never attacks them in fear that they don't take it the right way.

He did a good thing

No clue what you mean, makes no sense.

He can bend them all over and spank them all for all I care, it's just when you get in front of the camera there is a way to behave and then...then there is Therien.

Poor management skills to put your team down in front of the media.

Old
01-11-2006, 05:16 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

This approach seems to work for him. He did this with his farm club last year, and this year they were tearing up the league. While it backfire because it's the NHL? Who's to say? But the Pens got precisely what they wanted, which is an anti-Edzo. This is his way of saying: country club's over, gents.

Old
01-11-2006, 06:55 AM
FlavorFlav

Good for him! The players work for him, not the other way around. About time a coach stands up and tells it like it is. (must be a fan of Dr. Phil)

Old
01-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Aarex

Assuming he ripped into his players before going to the media then its ok imo.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:06 AM
znk

Quote:

I think you're wrong. It has to be done in pitts right now. The players allready cost the job of one coach. Its time they are accountable for how bad they are.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:35 AM
tinyzombies

I always liked Therrien....

If I were coach, I would bench the guys who didn't work hard, especially veterans. And if they didn't mind being benched....waive them and send them down to ride the buses.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:37 AM
BORAT

lololol !!! our defense is ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss oft

u guys are nuts, this guy is an old time coach

Old
01-11-2006, 09:42 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT
lololol !!! our defense is ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss oft

u guys are nuts, this guy is an old time coach
I wouldn't mind having him here right now. You can be sure our collection of floaters wouldn't feel safe in their seats with Therrien prowling behind the bench. Julien looks like he needs a fricken nanny back there.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:47 AM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I wouldn't mind having him here right now. You can be sure our collection of floaters wouldn't feel safe in their seats with Therrien prowling behind the bench. Julien looks like he needs a fricken nanny back there.
what I love is how now the players are going to be accountabl to the media, they've got the Nation watching this : It's the first time I hear so many US Sports Radio Station talking about the NHL.

They all seem to say that the Team deserved everything , and that now Therrien has the public in Pittsburgh'S '' White Card '' to do what he wants.

he's on their side !

Old
01-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Go Therien Go!!!!

Old
01-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
This team floated more with Therrien than Vigneault. His attitude is why he will never remain an NHL coach, the players hate him. They don't want to play for him at all.

Can't you remember how this team played for him? Our lack of a system defensively, our inability to create offensive chances? He's a terrible coach who's emotions aren't suited for the NHL.

I watched him trash his team on t.v last night, listened to the verbal lashing he gave his organization.. and it was classless I thought. Its ok to point out the weak points on your team to the media, but to smear everyone on your team, except Crosby, isn't classy.

Why would anyone play for this guy, give him the extra effort, after this outbreak? He just sealed his fate, it won't be long before his second NHL job is gone.. this time for good.

Old
01-11-2006, 10:13 AM
hab-it

And his Boss is Mario. Should Mario give back 40% of his salary?

Old
01-11-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
This team floated more with Therrien than Vigneault. His attitude is why he will never remain an NHL coach, the players hate him. They don't want to play for him at all.

Can't you remember how this team played for him? Our lack of a system defensively, our inability to create offensive chances? He's a terrible coach who's emotions aren't suited for the NHL.

I watched him trash his team on t.v last night, listened to the verbal lashing he gave his organization.. and it was classless I thought. Its ok to point out the weak points on your team to the media, but to smear everyone on your team, except Crosby, isn't classy.

Why would anyone play for this guy, give him the extra effort, after this outbreak? He just sealed his fate, it won't be long before his second NHL job is gone.. this time for good.
Exactly...Michel Therrien is a guy with an inflated ego of himself...he needs to realize he's not in juniors anymore, he'll be gone from Pittsburgh at the very latest midseason next year....

Old
01-11-2006, 11:53 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Exactly...Michel Therrien is a guy with an inflated ego of himself...he needs to realize he's not in juniors anymore, he'll be gone from Pittsburgh at the very latest midseason next year....
You're right....poor hockey players....what did they ever do to anyone to get that kind of treatment. This could hurt their feelings and they could cry. What would that do to help the team....hockey players cant take that kind of emotional abuse. It's not like they are getting paid to produce and be accountable. Coaches should only pat them on the back and tell them it's not their fault and that they are the best...no matter how bad things are. These guys are adults...if they just want to float arround and make millions....who is a coach to tell them otherwise?

Old
01-11-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
You're right....poor hockey players....what did they ever do to anyone to get that kind of treatment. This could hurt their feelings and they could cry. What would that do to help the team....hockey players cant take that kind of emotional abuse. It's not like they are getting paid to produce and be accountable. Coaches should only pat them on the back and tell them it's not their fault and that they are the best...no matter how bad things are. These guys are adults...if they just want to float arround and make millions....who is a coach to tell them otherwise?
Your miserable attempt at sarcastic humour is useless because my opinion about Therrien has nothing to do with what he said last night, I just think he's a bad coach...

Closed Thread