HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Rangers Success at Home....

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2006, 10:28 PM
2Leetch_94
Kreid me a river

vCash: 500
OT - Rangers Success at Home....

With tonight's win over the Calgary Flames on Madison Square Garden ice, the New York Rangers picked up their 13th home victory. In the 2003-04 season, the Rangers won a total of 12 home games throughout the entire season. Quite the difference, huh? Let's keep it up and make the Garden a tough place to win at.

Old
01-10-2006, 11:40 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94
With tonight's win over the Calgary Flames on Madison Square Garden ice, the New York Rangers picked up their 13th home victory. In the 2003-04 season, the Rangers won a total of 12 home games throughout the entire season. Quite the difference, huh? Let's keep it up and make the Garden a tough place to win at.
it shows just how hopeless last season's team was and how low the rangers had actually sunk. in hindsight there was absolutely no doubt that last season was "rock bottom" as far as this 7-year playoff drought is concerned. *knock on wood*

you know what's more impressive for me though than surpassing the win total at home from the previous season? when i think about it, the only game so far at home that i believe they absolutely, positively stunk up the joint in was that 4-1 loss to the canadiens. and maybe the avalanche game since hollweg was the only one that scored. but other than that you can pull at least one solid positive out of each of the other home losses. honestly, that montreal game is the only time i can honestly say i sensed a defeat without any hope for a victory. it was great when jagr tied it on that pp goal, but as soon as begin scored the sh'er on the odd-man break that immediately followed i said "game over" with the way the habs were trapping in that contest.

it's really saying something about how much pride the team has taken in playing well at home.

Old
01-11-2006, 12:06 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

It's wierd I looked it up on NHL.com and it said that we had 13 wins last season. It was pathetic how bad our home ice "advantage" was these last few years. I don't want to jinx it but what's even more amazing is that we're 4 games over on the road which is very respectable. Look at the Flames, a very good team, good defensively, good goaltender, seems like a perfect recipe for road wins, but they're just .500 (of course they're in the west, but still).

Old
01-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Good teams win on home ice. I think it's safe to say we're good.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:27 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Good teams win on home ice. I think it's safe to say we're good.

As long as Lundqvist keeps playing and Weeks dont play . Weekes needs a change, send him to the Canucks or Oilers. Id take Rita for Weeks or Ruutu and Nathan Smith

Old
01-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
As long as Lundqvist keeps playing and Weeks dont play . Weekes needs a change, send him to the Canucks or Oilers. Id take Rita for Weeks or Ruutu and Nathan Smith
I think you'd have to include Rachunek's rights too though man, come on.

Old
01-11-2006, 03:09 AM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
And it all comes down to having players who do the dirty work and the forechecking and the penalty killing. This team didn't have that for 5 years. It was built on prima donnas all doing their own thing. No hard work or sacrifice, just flash and flare. And we could only beat teams that were plain bad or disorganized or played our style, which was none. This system the Rangers are using as well as being forced to play cheaper hard working players has made the difference.

Old
01-11-2006, 07:55 AM
True Blue

Quote:
And who is the new backup if Weekes is traded? Or are you promting Montoya to be the backup, so that he can play less minutes and slow his development?
And this is the same Weekes who won more than his share of games with great performances this year? The same Weekes that most on this board were singing about back in November?

Old
01-11-2006, 01:14 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
And who is the new backup if Weekes is traded? Or are you promting Montoya to be the backup, so that he can play less minutes and slow his development?
And this is the same Weekes who won more than his share of games with great performances this year? The same Weekes that most on this board were singing about back in November?
Ya. Thats what I was thinking. We still NEED weekes or we'll have no backup. However, I hope Renney does not start to over use him as he did before. THe rangers win more games with Lunds in net. I'd say play weekes after every 4 lunds plays. That would be safe. Lunds has proven over and over he can take the work load. If he feels fatigue from playing too many games, I'm sure he would tell Renney.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Great. So you're going to trade a goalie when there is not one here to replace him. Oh yeah and we get more third/fourth line forwards back. Where do you put these guys? Come on, Jed, think before you just throw things out there.

01-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Sicilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
Ya. Thats what I was thinking. We still NEED weekes or we'll have no backup. However, I hope Renney does not start to over use him as he did before. THe rangers win more games with Lunds in net. I'd say play weekes after every 4 lunds plays. That would be safe. Lunds has proven over and over he can take the work load. If he feels fatigue from playing too many games, I'm sure he would tell Renney.
don't be so sure. some athletes are just natural competitors. they play hurt because they hate the thought of not playing if their coach asks them to. also, 4 outta 5 is a bit much. over a course of the whole season that would come out to 66 games. i don't like the idea of pressing a rookie goalie into a brodeur type workload. i say give lundquist 60% of the starts from here on out, and then give him the reins in the playoffs (knock on wood).

Old
01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
BringBackNeilSmith

Hey, I got a great idea... instead of going to extremes playing amateur GM every bloody day, why not have a little change of pace and try playing amateur TRAINER for a while. Say, whaddya think...does Jags really NEED that cast on his finger or is he just being a big wuss?

Closed Thread