Providence Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2003, 11:37 AM
CombatOnContact

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Providence Bruins

I know there are a few on this board who know a lot about and watch a lot of the Providence Baby Bruins. I was wondering if anyone could report on how some prospects are doing and whether or not they look like legitimate NHLers...I briefly checked the stats and saw that Matt Herr? leads the team. I've never heard of this kid...is he young? career AHLer? or does he have a chance to stick with the B's? and what about Kevin Dallman? he has 4 assists...is he maybe the puck-moving defenseman that we've been waiting for? could he replace Gill or O'Donnell if we traded them for a center? hehe so many questions...

here are the other kids I was wondering about...

Zinovjev, Nowak, Morrison, Samuelsson, Vernarsky, Huml, Hilbert...

oh and Toivonen's look pretty damn good...

Thanks

Old
10-19-2003, 01:02 PM
goalie31

I'm a big P-Bruins fan and season ticket holder so hopefully I can help you out here a little.

There's only been two games so far this season so for guys like Zinovjev and Nowak there hasn't been really enough time to actually know if they'll be playing as well as they have in training camp and in Providence for the rest of the season. Zinovjev is very quick on his feet, I like the way he plays, takes charge when he needs to. For someone who barely speaks english and isn't used to playing in American rinks he's doing a fine job starting off. I really hope he decides to stay in America with us and not go play back home. Brett's doing well too.

As for the others....
Morrison: Good D-man. I like how he plays, he's good at what he does and he scores once in a while which is always good for denfense to do. I could see him playing in the NHL.
Samuelsson: He's with the Boston Bruins right now. I was actually kind of suprised he went up before someone like Vernarsky, Van Oene or Hilbert. Not that he's bad I just think there's other that are better for the Big Bs.
Vernarsky: He's a very talented player. He works hard every game he plays. He scores a lot. I would like to see him play for the Boston Bruins soon. I think he'll be ready soon.
Huml: He's good also. But he has times when he's hot and he's not. But I wouldn' take anything away from him, he is very good when he's on his game.
Hilbert: He hasn't be able to play this season yet due to his groin injury. But he's another bright prospect. Scores a lot. I would give him just a little more time in Providence to really get him ready to play in the NHL for good.
Toivonen: He's a great goalie. Very consistant so far. Not exactly ready for NHL just yet but he's going to have a very bright future with us I believe.
Matt Herr: He's 27. He played two season with the Washington Capitals other than that he's been in the AHL mostly. I don't know why he isn't somewhere in the NHL now.
Kevin Dallman: He does get quite a bit of assists. I think he still needs time in the AHL before he comes up. I also wonder if his size would be alright too.

The choice of main guys I would of liked to have in Boston this season from Providence would of been...
Zdenek Kutlak
Raycroft (he is up though)
Kris Vernarsky
Darren Van Oene
Matt Herr

Well I hope that anwers your questions. These are just my opinions but if you have anything else you want to know feel free to ask.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:08 PM
misterjaggers

My suggestion: search this forum for Providence and then click on a few of the game threads. You'll get a variety of views on a variety of P-Bruins prospects.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:57 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie31
I'm a big P-Bruins fan and season ticket holder so hopefully I can help you out here a little.

There's only been two games so far this season so for guys like Zinovjev and Nowak there hasn't been really enough time to actually know if they'll be playing as well as they have in training camp and in Providence for the rest of the season. Zinovjev is very quick on his feet, I like the way he plays, takes charge when he needs to. For someone who barely speaks english and isn't used to playing in American rinks he's doing a fine job starting off. I really hope he decides to stay in America with us and not go play back home. Brett's doing well too.

As for the others....
Morrison: Good D-man. I like how he plays, he's good at what he does and he scores once in a while which is always good for denfense to do. I could see him playing in the NHL.
Samuelsson: He's with the Boston Bruins right now. I was actually kind of suprised he went up before someone like Vernarsky, Van Oene or Hilbert. Not that he's bad I just think there's other that are better for the Big Bs.
Vernarsky: He's a very talented player. He works hard every game he plays. He scores a lot. I would like to see him play for the Boston Bruins soon. I think he'll be ready soon.
Huml: He's good also. But he has times when he's hot and he's not. But I wouldn' take anything away from him, he is very good when he's on his game.
Hilbert: He hasn't be able to play this season yet due to his groin injury. But he's another bright prospect. Scores a lot. I would give him just a little more time in Providence to really get him ready to play in the NHL for good.
Toivonen: He's a great goalie. Very consistant so far. Not exactly ready for NHL just yet but he's going to have a very bright future with us I believe.
Matt Herr: He's 27. He played two season with the Washington Capitals other than that he's been in the AHL mostly. I don't know why he isn't somewhere in the NHL now.
Kevin Dallman: He does get quite a bit of assists. I think he still needs time in the AHL before he comes up. I also wonder if his size would be alright too.

The choice of main guys I would of liked to have in Boston this season from Providence would of been...
Zdenek Kutlak
Kris Vernarsky
Darren Van Oene
Matt Herr

Well I hope that anwers your questions. These are just my opinions but if you have anything else you want to know feel free to ask.
nice input- as a long time B's season tix holder I always try and watch one player besides the game and keep an eye on him besides the game. I have picked Jillson and Bergeron the three games I went to this year including of course the 2 exhibition games. I think you'll see Herr up at some time because Sullivan talked today about 4th liners who are situational players who can pop in for a shift or two after a specialty situation. Herr has some NHL experience and will be rewarded imo for his Prov play. Zinovjev I'm sure is only passing thru if the Bruins decision makers feel he's NHL talent. They wont screw with him and let him bolt- my take is he's going to be on 4th line when they get back from West Coast or soon thereafter.

Old
10-19-2003, 02:33 PM
BruinsGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie31

As for the others....

Zdenek Kutlak
Kris Vernarsky
Darren Van Oene
Matt Herr

As a 7 year season ticket holder, I couldn't agree more with your scouting report goalie31. But I do think that Dallman's size might prohibit him form getting the chances he deserves. I think I would also add Carl Corazzini to the list of possibles.

Long term prospects include Brett Nowak. I also think that Robert Liscak will be a force in a couple of seasons, too.

Old
10-19-2003, 09:07 PM
goalie31

Yeah Carl Corazzini is another great player to add.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Stealing my name, I see..... Oh well, I suppose I can let it slide.

But that text is killing me.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Colt.45Orr

Herr -how about toughness? I have not seen Herr play a whole lot, but I have heard he is not to be found in physical games...that could all be b.s. though... I dunno?

Hey, by the way how has Orr done in his fights thus far?

Old
10-20-2003, 10:58 AM
goalie31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27
Stealing my name, I see..... Oh well, I suppose I can let it slide.

But that text is killing me.
I'm goalie31 and your goalie27 so I didn't really steal your name.

Sorry you don't like my text but I don't want to use just plain black. I like mine to be colorful.

Is this blue easier on your eyes?

Old
10-20-2003, 11:01 AM
goalie31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr
Herr -how about toughness? I have not seen Herr play a whole lot, but I have heard he is not to be found in physical games...that could all be b.s. though... I dunno?

Hey, by the way how has Orr done in his fights thus far?
Matt's not a P.J. Stock or anything but when he needs to fight he fights back.

Colton's fighting has been fun as always. He got into one just this last Friday night and he kicked ass (of course).

Old
10-20-2003, 11:13 AM
misterjaggers

If Herr was a tough guy, he'd be playing in the NHL.

Closed Thread