HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers vs. Checkmanek

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2003, 12:13 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

vCash: 500
Flyers vs. Checkmanek

I figure the game will go two ways:

A. Chechmanek will stand on his head and shut us down

or

B. we give him the same treatment we gave Boucher upon playing the Flyer s the first time

what do y'all think

Old
10-19-2003, 12:26 PM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
I figure the game will go two ways:

A. Chechmanek will stand on his head and shut us down

or

B. we give him the same treatment we gave Boucher upon playing the Flyer s the first time

what do y'all think
I agree, there will be no middle ground.

Old
10-19-2003, 12:30 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
well, after 1 period the Kings were leading Boston 3-0 but the Bruins score 4 unanswered goals (3 in the 3rd period) to win the game. Knubal scored with less than 2 minutes left in regulation for the winning go-ahead goal.

Checo's stats so far....2 wins, 3.01GAA & .896%
certainly not the numbers he put up here with the Flyers and not the numbers that LA was counting on.

all that being said, he could either shut us out or give up some of those softies that were used to. let's hope for the later, eh!

Old
10-19-2003, 03:36 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
Checo's stats so far....2 wins, 3.01GAA & .896%
certainly not the numbers he put up here with the Flyers and not the numbers that LA was counting on.
Of course they're not,Roman's great numbers here were only because of the team's stlye of play.

If a couple years everyone will be marveling at Hackett's regular season stats since joining Philly.

Old
10-19-2003, 04:05 PM
MojoJojo

Cechmanek is a goalie who needs a dozen games or so to get hot. The last three years he has looked shaky at the beginning of the season.

I say we beat LA 3-2.

Old
10-19-2003, 04:23 PM
Kyonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Cechmanek is a goalie who needs a dozen games or so to get hot. The last three years he has looked shaky at the beginning of the season.

I say we beat LA 3-2.
Agreed, if you look at Checmanek stats he always sucked the first month or so of the season. I fully expect him to hit his stride about Dec. I dont ecpect his GAA to be as low as it was the Flyers but his SV% should end up about the same

Old
10-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagnefan
Of course they're not,Roman's great numbers here were only because of the team's stlye of play.

If a couple years everyone will be marveling at Hackett's regular season stats since joining Philly.
I believe your system did the same wonders for Roman that Burns' system did for Byron Dafoe back in Boston. Both goaltenders ended up looking way better then they truly were in the boxscores.

Old
10-19-2003, 08:58 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

I think Esche gets the start against LA.
Esche wants a shot at beating Chokemanek

Old
10-19-2003, 09:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I think Esche gets the start against LA.
Esche wants a shot at beating Chokemanek
What does Esche have against Cechmanek?

I think people are once again forgetting that there is a whole team that plays for the Kings not just the goalie.

The Kings blown game against Boston was mainly due to the fact the team quit. They had 8 power plays before the 10:00 mark of the 2nd period and had sustained absolutely no pressure after the 1st period, espically even strength (all 3 goals on the power play). 15 first period shots, 3 in the 2nd, 0 for the first 19 minutes of the 3rd. Even strength the Kings got dominated.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:42 AM
blah

Palffy is tearin it up. Prims line has to take care of him.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:27 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
What does Esche have against Cechmanek?

I think people are once again forgetting that there is a whole team that plays for the Kings not just the goalie.

The Kings blown game against Boston was mainly due to the fact the team quit. They had 8 power plays before the 10:00 mark of the 2nd period and had sustained absolutely no pressure after the 1st period, espically even strength (all 3 goals on the power play). 15 first period shots, 3 in the 2nd, 0 for the first 19 minutes of the 3rd. Even strength the Kings got dominated.
Someone is still carrying a torch for a certain goalie.

Old
10-20-2003, 05:11 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
Someone is still carrying a torch for a certain goalie.
Yeah I know, that won't end until one of these two things happen:

1. Retirement

2. Waived

And even at that
Face it, the guy is not the answer for any team. His stats were the after affect of a top defence.

Old
10-20-2003, 05:55 AM
BrindA17

I'm not afraid to admit that I wish Cechmanek the best! (Not in our game vs them, just in general)

Old
10-20-2003, 05:57 AM
BrindA17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
His stats were the after affect of a top defence.
That's not fair. He was hung out to dry in a large sum of games. Sometimes it was Roman, and Roman alone, who kept us in games.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:04 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindA17
That's not fair. He was hung out to dry in a large sum of games. Sometimes it was Roman, and Roman alone, who kept us in games.
True, but it wasn't fair to the Flyers when they worked hard and he let in bad goals. He hasn't really been too good in LA yet, we'llk just have to wait and see if he can get them in the playoffs and if he can be solid at that point.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:07 AM
BrindA17

Quote:
True, but it wasn't fair to the Flyers when they worked hard and he let in bad goals. He hasn't really been too good in LA yet, we'llk just have to wait and see if he can get them in the playoffs and if he can be solid at that point.
Yea, he had some really bad ones slip by. I think he will get them into the playoffs, but from that point on is questionable.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:34 AM
flyrfan

Send a message via Yahoo to flyrfan
It should be a good game, the Kings are playing well just like the Flyers. I think the Flyers will win, but it should be a close game.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:35 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
And it's not fair for the goalies (notice the plural it's not like its never happened before) when the team can't score a goal.

and don't worry if he has a bad game i'll come here and talk about it. it's not like im a homer/cheerleader like some people

Old
10-20-2003, 06:44 AM
Teezax

Quote:
And it's not fair for the goalies (notice the plural it's not like its never happened before) when the team can't score a goal.

and don't worry if he has a bad game i'll come here and talk about it. it's not like im a homer/cheerleader like some people
You implying I'm a homer? Well you couldn't be more bang on. If the definition of HOMER is rooting for your team and it's players alone, then by all means keep me on the list. Why should I cheer for other players or other teams when there is only this team that I care for. I'll voice my opinion on other organizations where I see fit. People have the right to opinion, nothing that is said in these forums are sealed with approval, so if i have beef with Cechmanek and his style of play then so be it, doesn't mean i'm trying to influence your "Obvious" opinion on him.

Old
10-20-2003, 07:47 AM
BrindA17

Quote:
Why should I cheer for other players or other teams when there is only this team that I care for. I'll voice my opinion on other organizations where I see fit. People have the right to opinion, nothing that is said in these forums are sealed with approval, so if i have beef with Cechmanek and his style of play then so be it, doesn't mean i'm trying to influence your "Obvious" opinion on him.
I'm not replying to cause a conflict, just to discuss an interesting topic.

It's my opinion that it's OK to like and root for former players of your favorite team, or any player for that matter. Just because your team deals away a guy, it doesn't mean you must dislike him. If a player were reacquired, you'd take a liking to him again wouldn't you? But in between the first stint and reacquiring, he's the enemy?

I hope the Flyers win vs. LA, but I do not want to see Cechmanek lit up. Call that betrayal of the Flyers, or say that I'm not a true fan, or whatever. I like Roman Cechmanek, what's wrong with that?

In fact, I'd say out of my top ten favorite NHL players, only 1 or 2 play for the Flyers.

Here it is (only the first half are in specific order):
1. Rod Brind'Amour
2. Roman Cechmanek
3. Chris Drury
4. Mark Recchi
5. Zigmund Palffy
6. Mike Modano
7. Michael Nylander
8. Brian Rolston
9. Chris Pronger
10. Vincent Damphousse

Old
10-20-2003, 08:20 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

well, kudos to you for at least admitting you're a homer.

I have my own top 10 list:

1) Mattias Norstrom
2) Kim Johnsson
3) Marian Gaborik
4) Marian Hossa
5) Markus Naslund
6) Joni Pitkanen
7) Ziggy Palffy
8) Martin St. Louis
9) Rod Brind'Amour
10) Rostislav Klesla

Old
10-20-2003, 08:28 AM
Teezax

Quote:
I'm not replying to cause a conflict, just to discuss an interesting topic.

It's my opinion that it's OK to like and root for former players of your favorite team, or any player for that matter. Just because your team deals away a guy, it doesn't mean you must dislike him. If a player were reacquired, you'd take a liking to him again wouldn't you? But in between the first stint and reacquiring, he's the enemy?

I hope the Flyers win vs. LA, but I do not want to see Cechmanek lit up. Call that betrayal of the Flyers, or say that I'm not a true fan, or whatever. I like Roman Cechmanek, what's wrong with that?

In fact, I'd say out of my top ten favorite NHL players, only 1 or 2 play for the Flyers.

Here it is (only the first half are in specific order):
1. Rod Brind'Amour
2. Roman Cechmanek
3. Chris Drury
4. Mark Recchi
5. Zigmund Palffy
6. Mike Modano
7. Michael Nylander
8. Brian Rolston
9. Chris Pronger
10. Vincent Damphousse
I enjoy the game of hockey. I won't boycott other games being played, but i guess the point i was trying to make was that i'll place Philly on a pedastool above everyone else. There are many teams and players I enjoy watching but i'll leave it at that. I do have a softer spot for guys that previously dawned a Flyer's jersey...

Brind'Amour (love to have him back)
Prospal
Ninimaa

are probably the top 3 that i'm happy about their current success in the league. And as far as Cecho goes, i'd love to see the Flyers light him up becasue if they don't and he shuts us down, we're going to look real stupid. I'm sure JR will aim a few towards his head.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:29 AM
BrindA17

Quote:
well, kudos to you for at least admitting you're a homer.
Directed towards Teezax I assume?

Quote:
I have my own top 10 list:
7) Ziggy Palffy
9) Rod Brind'Amour
Rock on!

Old
10-20-2003, 08:32 AM
BrindA17

Quote:
becasue if they don't and he shuts us down, we're going to look real stupid.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing him shut us down. For one thing, it will show some doubters that Roman wasn't the biggest problem. And I may being saying that I wouldn't mind a loss, but it's only 1 game out of 82. I'm not saying that I hope we lose, far from it. But it's a win-win situation for me on this one.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Flyers26

Quote:

What game, in the playoffs, did he ever "WIN" for us?
If he could have stole a game or 2 for us, vs. Toronto, we might have had a chance vs. Ottawa.

Closed Thread