HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens interested in Barnaby

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Roy G Biv*

vCash: 500
Please no.

Ever since I saw him actually CRY in the penalty box after getting his *** beat by Aaron Asham..... NOOO.

Old
01-11-2006, 03:47 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
Please no.

Ever since I saw him actually CRY in the penalty box after getting his *** beat by Aaron Asham..... NOOO.
Atleast he's showing emotion.

Old
01-11-2006, 03:57 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
God no.

Varada has been playing his best hockey with the Sens at this point in time and is working really well with Kelly and Eaves.

Yesterday's goal by Eaves was all a result of Varada chasing down the defenceman and making him throw it up the middle. Vaclav could have easily let him go, but was instead on him like a bloodhound.

Barnaby has attitude issues and doesn't bring anything Varada already does.
Barnaby is a hell of alot better scorer and he will actually drop his gloves when he starts stuff. I dont usually dissagree with you Nyquil but im going to have to strongly dissagree with you here. Barnaby is also much more of a leader and he wont back down from anyone. I think he is a huge upgrade over Varada who only has two goals this year while complaining about ice time.

Old
01-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
Barnaby is a hell of alot better scorer and he will actually drop his gloves when he starts stuff. I dont usually dissagree with you Nyquil but im going to have to strongly dissagree with you here. Barnaby is also much more of a leader and he wont back down from anyone. I think he is a huge upgrade over Varada who only has two goals this year while complaining about ice time.
Here is my TRADE RANT

Barnaby is useless, he sucks and he is a nutcase like Avery. I wouldn't want him on the Sens just like I wouldn't want Nolan or Tkackhuk who I believe are selfish, dressing room cancers.

I don't think we need to make a trade really, as long as Havlat is back for the playoffs. But since that is not a guarantee if I made a move it would be for either Weight or Jokinen.

And to continue my rant about trades... Smoke is awesome and a super valuable member of the team - He will not and should not be traded. As a third line centre he is excellent and he can play any role we need him to play. He is not an elite player but he is a good all around player and provides good veteran leadership and is well liked and respected in the Dressing room.

Varada has been playing well lately with Kelly and Eaves. He isn't having a great year but unless we get something of value for him there is no need to trade him, we aren't near the Cap and he has about $550 000 left as a Cap hit for this year so he isn't preventing us from making a trade for Weight or anyone else. If everyone is healthy he is a likely scratch but since we are planning to play 4 rounds in the playoffs he will be needed as injuries will happen.

Eaves and Bochenski will stay with the team for the rest of the year. Hamel and Martins have both proven they are competent fill-ins in the case of a long injury list.

The only need we really have is for a 2nd line centre and even then we can easily survive without one.

To make the trade for Weight or Jokinen I would give up Vermette as to get value you need to give value. We would have to throw in something else too I am sure. I don't think they would want Varada but I would part with him if they did, or give up a 3rd or 2nd round Pick. The only other Sen I would trade is Pothier but only if we got a legit NHL D-Man in return. Pothier has done some good things this year and is on pace for like 35 pts but I think he is weak and makes bad decisions under pressure that could hurt us in the playoffs..... The ghost of Rico Persson is calling out to him. I can't stop thinking this despite his moments of good play, I believe he is the weakest link on the team.

Old
01-11-2006, 05:07 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Varada who only has two goals this year
And if you really think about it, he hasn't scored this year. Both his goals were attempted passes that banked in off defensemen.

Old
01-11-2006, 05:27 PM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Quote:
I totally agree...Barnaby would be a big upgrade on the 3rd line over Varada, and I'm sure he could be had for very little. Varada has not been agitating at all...and without agitating he's pretty useless. Perhaps he'll get waived before the deadline if someone like Barnaby is acquired.

Old
01-11-2006, 05:56 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I knew a guy who went to a wedding of a Buffalo Sabres player, and he said Barnaby was universally disliked by everyone there, including his teammates.

I'm paranoid about having some kind of sideshow around, regardless of how well he will fight on occasion.

Old
01-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Roy G Biv*

I hope Muckler isn't spending time on this... he's not exactly "the missing piece".

He should be getting Doug Weight's deal finalized, dammit!

Old
01-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup2006sensrule
Here is my TRADE RANT

And to continue my rant about trades... Smoke is awesome and a super valuable member of the team - He will not and should not be traded. As a third line centre he is excellent and he can play any role we need him to play. He is not an elite player but he is a good all around player and provides good veteran leadership and is well liked and respected in the Dressing room.
Well said, I'm glad others see the value of the smoke machine. He is such a versitile player and brings us the much needed vet. leadership for the playoffs. I won't argue that he isn't slightly overpaid (a pre "new Nhl" contract), but for what you'd get for him, there is no sense in even thinking about moving him.

Old
01-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Lonnie Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
God no.

Varada has been playing his best hockey with the Sens at this point in time and is working really well with Kelly and Eaves.

Yesterday's goal by Eaves was all a result of Varada chasing down the defenceman and making him throw it up the middle. Vaclav could have easily let him go, but was instead on him like a bloodhound.

Barnaby has attitude issues and doesn't bring anything Varada already does.
Barnaby does bring some attitude issues with him: little known fact - his teammates with the Sabres generally disliked him, and in particular, he did not get along with captain Michael Peca (in fact Barnaby and Peca got into a fist fight at Barnaby's wedding). Muckler must know this, so it would surprise me if the Barnaby-to-Ottawa rumours are true.

Old
01-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Loach
Barnaby does bring some attitude issues with him: little known fact - his teammates with the Sabres generally disliked him, and in particular, he did not get along with captain Michael Peca (in fact Barnaby and Peca got into a fist fight at Barnaby's wedding). Muckler must know this, so it would surprise me if the Barnaby-to-Ottawa rumours are true.
And I think I remember that he and Hasek had problems in Buffalo. Seeing how Hasek is probably the key to our SC aspirations, I really doubt they even think about Barnaby.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson
Package any of those prospects/picks for Bell.

He's very high on my wish list.
I'll second that.

I would even go as far as to say - I'm going to be slaughtered for this - I'd move Havlat for a package that included Bell. Can you move an injured player? Chicago has absolutely no chance at the playoffs they might as well clean house and shoot for the #1 pick.

I know Havlat is the more talented player...but sooner or later he is going to be priced out of Ottawa. With him being out til at least the playoffs would it really be that bad of an idea to move Havlat + <insert scrub> for Bell and Calder/Arnason? That would give you 2/3's of a good 2nd line. I think Bell would put up great #s here and seems to be the kinda guy who would thrive in playoff hockey.

Plus we'd actually trim payroll, every little bit helps when we have the Big Z and Reds to sign:

Bell: $1.064 M
Calder: $1.311M
$2.375M

Havlat: $2.6M

Then go get Weight at the deadline and we'd have 2 great lines:
Calder-Weight-Alf
Bell-Spez-Heater
(tried to balance them)

Please be gentle it is just an idea.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney
Please be gentle it is just an idea.
THROW HIM TO THE DOGS (DAWGS, DOGGS)!!!!!!!

Old
01-11-2006, 08:19 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Sorry, but Bell is overrated. Everyone loves these powerforward types though.

Old
01-11-2006, 09:57 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Another team that could have a firesale is NYI. What does everyone think about Mark Parrish? Since a lot of people seem to love 'power forwards', I figured I'd toss him out there as he is not afraid to get his nose dirty and can definately score goals. He's a UFA after this season and is making $1.9 million. TSN has him listed as a RW/LW.

Old
01-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Another team that could have a firesale is NYI. What does everyone think about Mark Parrish? Since a lot of people seem to love 'power forwards', I figured I'd toss him out there as he is not afraid to get his nose dirty and can definately score goals. He's a UFA after this season and is making $1.9 million. TSN has him listed as a RW/LW.
Parrish is no power forward

Old
01-11-2006, 10:30 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

I'd take Parrish. He's got the spirit

Old
01-11-2006, 10:41 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup2006sensrule
Parrish is no power forward
He's kind of one. He scores most his goals right in front of the crease, which is what you need in the postseason.

Old
01-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
He's kind of one. He scores most his goals right in front of the crease, which is what you need in the postseason.
So does Heatley...

Old
01-11-2006, 10:57 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenSk9tSen
So does Heatley...
Then why not add another? (If Doug Weight doesn't come here)

Old
01-11-2006, 10:58 PM
trentmccleary

How much difference is there really between "December-Bochenski" and Parrish?

Old
01-11-2006, 11:14 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
How much difference is there really between "December-Bochenski" and Parrish?
Well, Parrish has been doing it in the NHL for years now and Bochenski did it for about 6 games. Hopefully Bochenski comes back the same way he was playing before he got hurt.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Roy G Biv*

Doug Weight

Old
01-11-2006, 11:18 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
Doug Weight
Of course, he's the primary objective. We're talking about back-up plans.

Old
01-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Don Draper

Blake and Parrish are about the only two players I would want off of the Island. I dont see either being cheap though

Closed Thread