HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens interested in Barnaby

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2006, 11:28 PM
  #51
Roy G Biv*
 
Roy G Biv*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Of course, he's the primary objective. We're talking about back-up plans.
There better be a top secret folder on Muckler's desk labelled "Primary Objective"... and it better have a mug shot of one Doug Weight in it.

Roy G Biv* is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 11:30 PM
  #52
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Well, Parrish has been doing it in the NHL for years now and Bochenski did it for about 6 games. Hopefully Bochenski comes back the same way he was playing before he got hurt.
Parrish has certainly done more, for longer... but consistency isn't exactly his strong suit either.
He may be better than Bochenski in this years playoffs, but IMO... that may end up being a 60-40 toss-up. However, we own Bochenski for 3 more years after this one.

trentmccleary is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 12:45 AM
  #53
swiftwin
#lalala
 
swiftwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,481
vCash: 500
We dont need more role players.

With a fully healthy lineup, we still have a few good role players sitting out. We need a top 6 forward who can score, and hopefully has playoff experience. If thats not what were getting, then we shouldnt get anything.

Barnaby is not the answer

swiftwin is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 01:44 AM
  #54
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,620
vCash: 500
Is it me or every season there is a rumor about the Sens wanting to get Barnaby?

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 01:52 AM
  #55
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis
 
Tap on the Ankle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Is it me or every season there is a rumor about the Sens wanting to get Barnaby?
Nope, seems that way to me as well. I think it's mainly due to the fact that, in the past, the Sens have really lacked grit, and Barnaby is from Ottawa. So people see that and think it's a perfect match. Thus, a rumour is born.

Tap on the Ankle is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 09:13 AM
  #56
Rico__Persson*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher
Blake and Parrish are about the only two players I would want off of the Island. I dont see either being cheap though
Blake is a punk.


Parrish would challenge Heatley in my view of the NHL's most over-rated. I'd pass on both.


Blake = Todd White

Rico__Persson* is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 09:24 AM
  #57
Bloodline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
I don't think that Heatley is overated.

Bloodline is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 09:51 AM
  #58
Sens Rule
Registered User
 
Sens Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson
Blake is a punk.


Parrish would challenge Heatley in my view of the NHL's most over-rated. I'd pass on both.


Blake = Todd White
So Todd White is a punk?!?

He is the farthest thing from that I think.

And how can a guy who is likely to be in the top 10 in NHL scoring every year for the next 10 or so be over-rated.

Sens Rule is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 09:56 AM
  #59
RTWAP*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thug Life
Country: US Virgin Islands
Posts: 6,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson
Parrish would challenge Heatley in my view of the NHL's most over-rated.
Welcome to Rico-Land, where up is down and left is right. Please fasten your belt-seats.

RTWAP* is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 10:15 AM
  #60
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalfTheWiseNPowerful
Welcome to Rico-Land, where up is down and left is right. Please fasten your belt-seats.
In Rico-Land:

Juha Ylonen > Dany Heatley.

NyQuil is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 10:37 AM
  #61
RTWAP*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thug Life
Country: US Virgin Islands
Posts: 6,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
In Rico-Land:

Juha Ylonen > Dany Heatley.
Ylonen's got the intangible qualities that Rico likes.

def. Intangible

in·tan·gi·ble Pronunciation (n-tnj-bl)
adj.
1. Incapable of being perceived by the senses. (yup)
2. Incapable of being realized or defined. (definitely)
3. Incorporeal. (ghost-like ... sure)
n.
1. Something intangible, especially an asset that cannot be perceived by the senses. (imperceptable tallent? Yuppers)

RTWAP* is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 11:50 AM
  #62
Rico__Persson*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup2006sensrule
So Todd White is a punk?!?

He is the farthest thing from that I think.

And how can a guy who is likely to be in the top 10 in NHL scoring every year for the next 10 or so be over-rated.
Todd White isn't a punk.

White = Blake on skill level. There is no reason to pick up Blake if White was dumped in the summer.

Blake doesn't back anything up. He's a punk.

White is a world class person.

Rico__Persson* is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
  #63
Rico__Persson*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
In Rico-Land:

Juha Ylonen > Dany Heatley.
I'd have to give the floater the nod over Ylonen.

Juha was one of the worst ever late season pick-ups. I think even Spezza could beat him in an arm wrestle...well maybe not that far.

Was Ylonen Mucklers mistake or Johnson's?

Benny Brunet falls into the same category...although I liked Benny much more. He was funny to watch, he skated like he had just traveled by mule from Vancouver to Ottawa. Patrick Eaves has a little Brunet in his physics of skating. Bow legged.

Rico__Persson* is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 12:17 PM
  #64
swiftwin
#lalala
 
swiftwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson
I'd have to give the floater the nod over Ylonen.

Juha was one of the worst ever late season pick-ups. I think even Spezza could beat him in an arm wrestle...well maybe not that far.

Was Ylonen Mucklers mistake or Johnson's?

Benny Brunet falls into the same category...although I liked Benny much more. He was funny to watch, he skated like he had just traveled by mule from Vancouver to Ottawa. Patrick Eaves has a little Brunet in his physics of skating. Bow legged.
Well, to be fair, Ylonen did set up Alfie in that infamous GWG in game 5 against the leafs (the one with the hit on tucker).

Kinda similar to the way Vermette set up Fisher in game 6 last season.

swiftwin is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 12:21 PM
  #65
jamiebez
Registered User
 
jamiebez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,671
vCash: 500
Quote of the day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson
Benny Brunet falls into the same category...although I liked Benny much more. He was funny to watch, he skated like he had just traveled by mule from Vancouver to Ottawa.

jamiebez is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 01:06 PM
  #66
armani
Guy Likes
 
armani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 1300
To echo the sentiments of most of the fellow sens fans...a big NO to Barnaby unless Varada goes elsewhere. Ottawa has enough grit and is one of the toughest teams in the NHL right now. Barnaby would have been useful in the seasons past, but Ottawa already has plenty of what Barnaby would contribute.

Ottawa's primary concern is secondary scoring with Havlat gone for the rest of the season. With Smoke's re-emergence, Ottawa now has the flexibility to go for a forward of any position - not just strictly a centre. I would still try to trade for Weight and shift Smoke to the wing. A playoff line of Smoke-Weight-Havlat is definitely interesting.

armani is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
  #67
Rico__Persson*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin
Well, to be fair, Ylonen did set up Alfie in that infamous GWG in game 5 against the leafs (the one with the hit on tucker).

Kinda similar to the way Vermette set up Fisher in game 6 last season.
You are correct for sure. One of the biggest goals in franchise history. Although the hit overshadowed the goal for me. It really didn't get any better than that. It was the making of Alfredsson as a player.

The Maple Leafs -- In Toronto -- Playoff Hockey -- A Hit From Behind -- The Victim, Darcy Tucker Laying Motionless On The Ice -- Seconds Later A Game Winning Goal From The Criminal Himself -- The Toronto Maple Leafs -- In Toronto -- Playoff Hockey -- Fans Silent -- Harry and Bob Speechless And Visibly Upset.

PRICELESS

Rico__Persson* is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 03:26 PM
  #68
The Fuhr*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson
Todd White isn't a punk.

White = Blake on skill level. There is no reason to pick up Blake if White was dumped in the summer.
Not that I would want Blake here but Blake is an amazing hockey player. The guy is one of the better two-way forwards in the league. Hes the only NYI that is above +1 on the season. He has 17 goals and is on pace for 30+ and the guy plays hard night in night out. His forchecking game has Schafer like qualities. Blake is a real useful player and many teams in the league would be luckey to have a player that brings it like he does night in night out.

The Fuhr* is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 06:00 PM
  #69
armani
Guy Likes
 
armani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86
Not that I would want Blake here but Blake is an amazing hockey player. The guy is one of the better two-way forwards in the league. Hes the only NYI that is above +1 on the season. He has 17 goals and is on pace for 30+ and the guy plays hard night in night out. His forchecking game has Schafer like qualities. Blake is a real useful player and many teams in the league would be luckey to have a player that brings it like he does night in night out.
Agreed.

armani is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 08:32 PM
  #70
Sens Rule
Registered User
 
Sens Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86
Not that I would want Blake here but Blake is an amazing hockey player. The guy is one of the better two-way forwards in the league. Hes the only NYI that is above +1 on the season. He has 17 goals and is on pace for 30+ and the guy plays hard night in night out. His forchecking game has Schafer like qualities. Blake is a real useful player and many teams in the league would be luckey to have a player that brings it like he does night in night out.
I agree too Blake is a great hard working player.

Sens Rule is offline  
Old
01-12-2006, 09:13 PM
  #71
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 41,643
vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
There better be a top secret folder on Muckler's desk labelled "Primary Objective"... and it better have a mug shot of one Doug Weight in it.
Primary Objective

Awful, I know.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.