HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Sidyakin

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 01:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Andrei Sidyakin

Anyone notice the season he's having? The Habs selected him in the '97 draft, 8th round 202nd overall. After some slow seasons, he's really putting it together and now leads his team in scoring (Salavat UFA), and he's around 10th in the league in scoring overall. He's got 13 goals already, which is a career high and he's still got a good bit of hockey to go in the regular season. He's 25 years old but on the small side.

I am still not sure if we lost the rights to all Euro draft picks from all the drafts up to '01. I thought I read that we had to sign any Euro draft pick prior to the '02 draft by this past summer, then any Euro draft picks from the '02 draft this summer coming up, then any Euro draft picks from the '03 draft by the summer of '07, then the same thing for the '04 Euro's by the summer of '08.

But I am not certain, as I've also heard that the deadline to sign any Euro draft pick up to the '02 draft, is this summer.

So we either still have the rights to guys like Eneqvist, Buturlin, Kruchinin, Sidyakin, etc... or we lost all of their rights already. I am certain that we still have Korneev and Linhart's rights but that we will lose their rights if they are not signed by this summer.

Not saying we should sign any of these guys, or that any would be interested in coming over since they likely make good money in their own country. But if you look at some of these guys, Sidyakin is having a big year, Buturlin leads his team in scoring, Mikkola has been a big part of his team winning all those league championships, Vertala is having a good year from what I hear, Kruchinin has been paired up with Emelin in Lada at times this year.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Habs

Do you remember a player we drafted named Genady Razin? He played for the Kamloops Blazers? I often wonder what happened to this big, smooth skaing defenceman.. lost track of him after he played 1 year for Fredericton.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Do you remember a player we drafted named Genady Razin? He played for the Kamloops Blazers? I often wonder what happened to this big, smooth skaing defenceman.. lost track of him after he played 1 year for Fredericton.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=29153

Old
01-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
Thanks.. good old hockeydb .

Old
01-11-2006, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Correct me if i'm wrong Dan, but I thought Razin played on the same team as Grabovsky did last year...

I can't spell the team name cause it's complicated but you know what I mean...

Also, whatever became of such names as

Aarto Kuki, Niklas Anger, Peter Storm, Konstantin Sidulov

Still our property?

Old
01-11-2006, 01:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Yea I remember him, he had a big year with the Citadelles during Ribeiro's rookie year. I was more pissed when we lost Guren then Razin.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
While talking about old draft picks, I was playing NHL 06, and playing in the German Elite League. I got scored on by a M. Higgins. I did my homework, and saw that it was indeed former first round pick of the Habs, Matt Higgins. Playing for the Iserlohn Roosters.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Correct me if i'm wrong Dan, but I thought Razin played on the same team as Grabovsky did last year...

I can't spell the team name cause it's complicated but you know what I mean...

Also, whatever became of such names as

Aarto Kuki, Niklas Anger, Peter Storm, Konstantin Sidulov

Still our property?

Yes he played for Neftekhimik, I saw him play twice, wasn't really impressed personally.

Anger left the SEL for the Swiss league
Kuki has been in the FNL all along, doesn't look like he's done much
Storm I never hear anything about, back in the SEL it looks like
Sidulov came over a few years back but didn't stick

I believe we lost their rights, but if we didn't we will lose all the rights of any Euro draft pick up to the 2002 draft, by June or July of '06.

Old
01-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

All these past prospect names reminds me of another guy. Kim Staal. It seems like its a fashion to be named staal these days... lets go grab him

He was supposed to be a really rugged, tough customer who could chip in offensively. Compared to Tomas Holmstrom. I'm a little disapointed I never got to see him play.

Closed Thread