HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montoya and Pock All-Stars

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
So who's it gonna be? Kessel, Toews, Staal, Mueller, or Frolik?
I can't see a team moving a chance on Kessel or Frolik (both of whom I like). Kessel to me seems like a RW, but that's just my opinion.

If they moved, and there's no gurantee they will. I'd say it's Staal, Mueller, Towes or Backstrom as a long shot.

If I had to guess amonst those I'd say Staal and Mueller.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I am in no hurry to trade either of our goalies. As had been said before, we would all be kicking ourselves if we traded the next Roy, just to keep the next Cujo.
I don't think it has to be done either, but you do it for the right deal IF you have confidence in Lundqvist. WHich I do, but I'm just a fan...

And what about if we keep the next Roy, and trade the next Cujo for the next Gagne? There is always a risk involved in any trade..

If Montoya excels this year (and maybe next) while Lundqvist is doing the same, the Rangers are in the catbird seat and the goalies will never have higher value

Old
01-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Edge

It's a tough dilemma with no right or wrong answer.

Personally I'd wait on the goalies, because I don't know which is the better goalie yet and if they both play to potential that's gonna be a close call.

I'd like to move other assets for the first maybe, but I don't know if that's doable.

6 Years ago I was a lot more willing to "go for it" in the draft. 1999 stung me a little and I think mad me trigger shy.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:19 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I am in no hurry to trade either of our goalies. As had been said before, we would all be kicking ourselves if we traded the next Roy, just to keep the next Cujo.
Exactly it is too soon to know who is going to be better and we can't afford to mess up on this decision.

Old
01-12-2006, 09:08 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
So who's it gonna be? Kessel, Toews, Staal, Mueller, or Frolik?

Mueller............

Old
01-13-2006, 12:24 AM
mschmidt64

Trade up for Staal or Toews.

Old
01-13-2006, 08:49 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
If Montoya excels this year (and maybe next) while Lundqvist is doing the same, the Rangers are in the catbird seat and the goalies will never have higher value
One still does not know. I would rather wait until we can see Montoya perform at the NHL level. That should happen in another few years. Let him develop his game in Hartford this year and next, then let him be Henke's understudy for a couple of years and THEN make a decision.
As for goalie's value, I would say that Biron's value is higher now than it ever was. It did not hurt Miller's game to be in the AHL for a few years. And Biron's value has rocketed this year.

Old
01-13-2006, 02:07 PM
xander

Put me in the don't trade Montoya camp. It's just to early to make a decision. Let him come up and play an NHL season before you decide who to go with. If they end up going with Montoya then Henrick should still bring a pretty good return in a trade.

Closed Thread