HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Bruins GDT

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 01:48 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Kings vs. Bruins GDT

AT

Leading Scorer
Boston- Brian Rolston & Joe Thornton (3 Pts)
LA- Zigmund Palffy (7 pts)

Probable Goaltending Matchup
Felix Potvin (0-1-1, 4.00 GAA, 87.3%) vs. Roman Checmanek (2-1-1, 2.68 GAA, 90.9%)

Special Teams
Boston- (PP 26th in NHL), (PK 28th in NHL)
LA- (PP 11th in NHL), (PK 30th in NHL)

Key Injuries
Boston- Jonathan Girard
LA- Jason Allison, Adam Deadmarsh, Aaron Miller, Mattias Norstrom

Notes

-Felix the Cat Potvin returns to Staples, where he enjoyed a fair amount of success in a Kings uniform, including a 2001 playoff upset of the Red Wings.

-The Bruins are coming off a 2-0 win at Dallas.

-The Kings will be looking for their 4th win in a row, after losing their opener at Detroit. And are coming off an impressive come from behind win over the Senators.

-2 time 40 goal man Glen Murray will look for his first goal of the season against the team he spent parts of 6 seasons with.

-Ziggy Palffy of the Kings currently leads the NHL in scoring with 7 pts in 4 games.

- The Kings have the worst PK in the NHL, while the Bruins have the 28th ranked PK unit. Look for alot of PP goals in this one.

Personal Prediction

LA 4 (Palffy 2, Brown, Stumpel)
BOS 2 (Thornton, Green)

Old
10-18-2003, 02:15 AM
zeppelin97

I'm sensing thornton is due for a big game (only 3pts in 4 games so far). Same for murray.

Bruins 5 (Thornton, Murray 3, Knuble)
Kings 5 (Modry, Palffy 2, Lappy, Stumpel)

5 point night for thornton, Hat trick for murray.

Old
10-18-2003, 04:02 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97
I'm sensing thornton is due for a big game (only 3pts in 4 games so far). Same for murray.

Bruins 5 (Thornton, Murray 3, Knuble)
Kings 5 (Modry, Palffy 2, Lappy, Stumpel)

5 point night for thornton, Hat trick for murray.
The Kings have yet to give up more than 3 goals in a game.I can't see the Bruins breaking that trend.

Old
10-18-2003, 08:48 AM
guzmania

Today is the Feast of St. Luke (Luc), let's all hope Luc batons on Bruin in honor his Saint's day.

Who is going to be checking who? Line matchups will be important tonight. LA has the last change, but with the quick faceoff rule this seems to have lost some importance.

Plenty of intelegence available for both teams with Felix giving away AM's secrets and Stumpel returning the favor. You know that Andy will have "go high, glove side" on the white board if Felix starts.

If our defense is suspect the Bruins have got trouble at least as bad.

Dustin is primed, so is Gleason, calling all Frolovs, watch out for Rolston, and Sean O' Donnel always gives something extra in LA (Kip might be in the lineup?).

Tough to predict. King's 3-1.

People, the cheer is "Go Kings Go" not "Let's Go Kee-ings" Be Rinkrat sycophants on-line, not at Staples!

Old
10-18-2003, 08:59 AM
guzmania

Herby great game day! - just thought you should know.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:31 AM
chuckie

palffy

some sites saying ziggy has a groin pull can anyone confirm?

Old
10-18-2003, 10:20 AM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie
some sites saying ziggy has a groin pull can anyone confirm?
Ziggy doesn't have a pulled groin... He got that out of the way during the preseason... lol.

No but seriously, I don't know where those reports came from. ESPN had the same thing too and said that Palffy was not playing against Ottawa Wednesday night... I don't know about you, but I saw #33 assist on 3 goals that night.

Kings win 4-3... goals by Palffy, Brown (he deserves one after that last goal was taken away from him), Visnovsky, and Robitaille.

tough match up though, hopefully the stopper unit will keep Thornton and Murray off the score sheet. It'll also be good to see Potvin... I always liked him and wish him the best of luck in Boston... just not against the Kings.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
Herby great game day! - just thought you should know.
Thanks. I'll probably do them for the rest of the season. I know not everyone has the free time that I do to look all that stuff up.

Thanks again Guz

Old
10-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Face Wash

In the immortal words of that Southwest Airlines Commercial (they overplayed).... Thank You Detroit... We Love You!!!!

1-0 LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUC!!!

Old
10-18-2003, 06:15 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Luc and Vis both scored on the PP. I love this team
3-0 Kings after 1

Old
10-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Captain Ron

3-0 at the end of 1st.

Palffy with 3 assists already.He is the man.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:17 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
In the immortal words of that Southwest Airlines Commercial (they overplayed).... Thank You Detroit... We Love You!!!!

1-0 LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUC!!!
LOL!

its 3-0 now FW!

10-18-2003, 07:17 PM
guzmania

The tough stuff from Boston seemed to shift the momentum in the second. Not a total fan of fighting but it looks like our skill guys have their heads on a swivel. Kip might have been an option

There must be some bizarre magnetic field at Staples, or something X-files investigatable, but Glen Murray turns into "manos de piedra" in the s****y confines.

That's "Go Kings Go"

Old
10-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
ouch

Old
10-18-2003, 08:04 PM
guzmania

No shots in the third- 3 in the second- Kings forwards were dominated. Terrible effort in the last 40 minutes

Old
10-18-2003, 08:14 PM
jfont

Awards:
this is a very disappointing game to watch...

Old
10-19-2003, 02:54 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
No shots in the third- 3 in the second- Kings forwards were dominated. Terrible effort in the last 40 minutes
It would have been the first period as well had the refs not given you 8 power plays.

Old
10-19-2003, 04:37 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
There was almost no attempt to shift momentum after the 2nd period. The Kings were dead. 0 shots in the last 32 or so minutes until the last minute of the game...you can't do that and win, I don't care what team you are. Boston dominated the last 2 periods and should have won the game.

Old
10-19-2003, 04:39 AM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
It would have been the first period as well had the refs not given you 8 power plays.
Nobody "gave us" anything except your team and their undisciplined, cut and dried, penalty provocing play. Buzz off.

Old
10-19-2003, 06:06 AM
jfont

Awards:
4 of the newest defensemen had so much trouble last night moving the puck along the boards. i think all 4 were so overwhelmed. last night zizka just waited for contact instead of moving the puck along the boards...kings can't do this...the results will be much like what the results will be last night if they keep doing this.

Old
10-19-2003, 07:02 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
How did Gleason do in his fight? I didn't know that was part of his game.

Old
10-19-2003, 09:40 AM
agentfouser

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov47
How did Gleason do in his fight? I didn't know that was part of his game.
it wasn't much of a fight. i think it was lapointe (not sure), but gleason got hit from behind into the boards, and he was pissed off about it. hu turned around and starting pushing and taking shots at whoever it was that hit him, the bruins player turned around and gave him a few shots, they fell down, and that was about it. they were never squared off or anything. still, though, it was good to see gleason stand up for himself. he's had players take dangerous cheap shots at him twice now in five games, and frankly he's lucky to not be severly injured.

i thought the bruin's play in the first period was absolutely disgraceful. frolov, gleason, and brown were all hammered into the boards in ways that could have seriously injured them. what was worse was that the kings didn't do anything about it. there was one point where i was so mad about undisciplined checks on our players that i was hoping murray would send a king out with a mission to take a run at a bruin, just to show that the safety of our players could not be disregarded without repercussions. thankfully, the play cleaned itself up somewhat after the first.

i think it was a miracle that the game didn't end in a brawl.

Old
10-19-2003, 10:26 AM
GoKingsGo28

vCash:
I was at the game last night, and it was a horrible game to watch. And this may sound bad, but the 3rd Boston goal was ALL MODRY'S FAULT. "Lets try to clear the puck like a ***** up the middle of the ice to the other team." Thank you Jaraslav. And thank you for getting your shots blocked on the Powerplay. Will somebody please put Corvo on the Powerplay w/ Visnovsky? And this game can not go on the shoulders of Cechmanek. Before the injuries are blueline is a joke. Especially Zizka. Zizka has to be one of the worst defenseman playing in the NHL right now. Holland is a Minor Leaguer 4 life. Represent. Get the hell out of the line-up Holland. I like Corvo, but he was invisible. But look who he is playing with? Nobody good. Modry.. Whos gonna be the 1st to start the Official Bash Modry thread? Once again it was ALL HIS FAULT the 3rd goal was scored, besides the fact that the Bruins shot it and it went in. People might disagree that it was all Modry's fault, but I mean 1st of all, they tell you in Mite Hockey, NEVER throw it up the middle. And not only did Modry throw it up the middle he practically passed it to the point. Nice assist ******. I like Gleason, but he needs to do something than just take up space on the ice, and try to get in fights. Visnovsky is looking great. Only good defenseman we have in the line-up right now. He may not be strong defensively, BUT last night he WAS the best defensively. Thats pretty pathetic when you look at it. Basically, a smaller Kings team, got punked out, by a much bigger Bruins team. The Kings were playing afraid, when the Bruins started putting the body on people. Armstrong took a beating. Its probably easy for guys like Hal Gill to hit a 200 pound snail. Whatever. It is only 1 game, but we need to hold on in the 3rd we didnt do it against Detroit. OUT!

Old
10-19-2003, 11:04 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
so how did cechmanek play?, are people going to be saying that he let down the team again?

Old
10-19-2003, 11:38 AM
agentfouser

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
so how did cechmanek play?, are people going to be saying that he let down the team again?
i would say that he was good, not great, not unlike the game against ottawa.

as for the third goal being all modry's fault, i don't agree. sure he should have cleared the puck, but at the same time the entire needed to clear the puck when they had the chance, a problem that was endemic all night, the forwards were completely ineffective and couldn't establish any kind of pressure, much less sustained pressure, and the defense as a whole was outmuscled all night. furthermore, i think that if you're going to really point fingers at who played poorly all night, i thought zizka was worst. that game was really a disaster for him. but, what it really comes down to is two things: [1] it took a group effort to choke as badly as they did last night. [2] our defense is young, not physical enough, overmatched and overwhelmed. zizka just happened to be the most overwhelmed (i think that he can still contribute as a sixth dman; he just needs to be alongside someone steadier and more experienced than corvo).

Closed Thread