HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Hall Of Fame

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2016, 12:12 AM
  #101
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,246
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting13 View Post
With out Hull the other two wouldn't be in Jets Hall of Fame because the Jets
wouldn't exist. You are watching Jets hockey now because of Hull.
True and fair enough, but Hull's absence will tarnish the night a little for Ulf and Anders no?

Maybe Hull still PO'd the Jets didn't sign Stemp!

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 12:27 AM
  #102
Yukon Joe
Registered User
 
Yukon Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
You know, Occam's Razor says that of multiple hypothesis, the simplest is often the most correct.

Bobby Hull is 77 years old, had a very physical hockey career, and is reported to be in poor health. It's quite possible he just isn't in good enough shape to come to Winnipeg in October.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 01:12 AM
  #103
Jets4Life
Registered User
 
Jets4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hellebuyck County
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai jet View Post
Protests from who? What baloney. Tub of lard Useless writing stories to collect clicks? I may be blinded when it comes to Bobby because he has always been my favorite player. Since well before the Jets were my fav team, including the Junior Jets. Probably going back to just after he won the Stanley Cup in '61. This is about something else. Can anyone name a person or group that would create trouble about Bobby other than craving fame media writers?
Thai Jet, you are so silly.

Don't you know that Arctic Ice Hockey dictates fan sentiment in Winnipeg? It's not like they made Evander Kane out to be a martyr, fighting racism and bullying by Winnipeg Jets fans, management and players. It's not like a crazed female writer gets offended from a harmless chant during the playoff series with the Ducks.

Arctic Ice Hockey once again shows it's true colours by telling us the faults of our heroes, whether we like it or not. They even bravely point out that our city is the most racist in Canada, despite no factual evidence, other than a sensationalist piece by a misled journalist from Vancouver.

Jets4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 05:46 AM
  #104
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 20,506
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting13 View Post
With out Hull the other two wouldn't be in Jets Hall of Fame because the Jets
wouldn't exist. You are watching Jets hockey now because of Hull.
Which is why Bobby is in the Manitoba "Hockey" hall of fame.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 05:56 AM
  #105
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 20,506
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
True and fair enough, but Hull's absence will tarnish the night a little for Ulf and Anders no?

Maybe Hull still PO'd the Jets didn't sign Stemp!
It will make it less fun for the boys for sure and some fans are going to be really pissed off......it is what it is though Sip and TNSE took the safest path. There was no easy choice here for anyone.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 09:25 AM
  #106
blues10
Registered User
 
blues10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
You know, Occam's Razor says that of multiple hypothesis, the simplest is often the most correct.

Bobby Hull is 77 years old, had a very physical hockey career, and is reported to be in poor health. It's quite possible he just isn't in good enough shape to come to Winnipeg in October.
He has been ill and has recently spent time in hospital. Do not know if he has been making public appearances since last spring.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 09:28 AM
  #107
wpgsilver
Moderator
 
wpgsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting13 View Post
With out Hull the other two wouldn't be in Jets Hall of Fame because the Jets
wouldn't exist. You are watching Jets hockey now because of Hull.
Sure, whatever.

That has nothing to do with what I said.
Whether Hull is responsible for Anders and Ulf getting in doesn't mean that their special day should be tarnished by protests associated with Hull. They were great hockey players in their own right. Beyond that this will be a big moment for them personally, why make them deal with potential boos scattered throughout their ceremonies.

__________________
Team Jester
wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 09:59 AM
  #108
Thai jet*
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Thailand
Country: Thailand
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Not Likely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
Thai Jet, you are so silly.

Don't you know that Arctic Ice Hockey dictates fan sentiment in Winnipeg? It's not like they made Evander Kane out to be a martyr, fighting racism and bullying by Winnipeg Jets fans, management and players. It's not like a crazed female writer gets offended from a harmless chant during the playoff series with the Ducks.

Arctic Ice Hockey once again shows it's true colours by telling us the faults of our heroes, whether we like it or not. They even bravely point out that our city is the most racist in Canada, despite no factual evidence, other than a sensationalist piece by a misled journalist from Vancouver.






I know some of those people, Arctic Ice, from university and working for a union and I don't see them going after an individual like Bobby like that. Great player but also more than a bit vain, remember the hair pieces, so if he has a hard time getting around I could see him not coming.

Thai jet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 10:28 AM
  #109
HannuJ
Registered User
 
HannuJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronno
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues10 View Post
He has been ill and has recently spent time in hospital. Do not know if he has been making public appearances since last spring.
but that makes for a boring discussion versus the allegations of domestic abuse.

HannuJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 07:29 PM
  #110
sting13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Sure, whatever.

That has nothing to do with what I said.
Whether Hull is responsible for Anders and Ulf getting in doesn't mean that their special day should be tarnished by protests associated with Hull. They were great hockey players in their own right. Beyond that this will be a big moment for them personally, why make them deal with potential boos scattered throughout their ceremonies.
Hull is a official ambassador for the Chicago Black Hawks and made many
appearances over the last few years at the United Center and had no issues,
why would it be different here? It would be a little weird for people at the MTS Centre
to Boo him don't you think? They wouldn't be at the game if Hull didn't bring
hockey to Winnipeg. They get to be there that night because of him.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2016, 07:46 PM
  #111
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(
 
JetsFan815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Well I think according to Brown they were a bit suprised at how much attention it had gotten. They just made the call now because I think there hope is that by ending this now (as far as Hull showing) they can avoid a really big issue on the actual weekend.
I'll buy that but to me it seems that the damage was already done and at this point they may as well have him there. (Not saying I support Hull or his induction in the HoF)

JetsFan815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2016, 03:17 PM
  #112
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Article on the Hot Line.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/art...397096041.html



Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2016, 02:14 PM
  #113
ukrainianjet
Registered User
 
ukrainianjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Does anyone know whether this ceremony will occur before the game IE. 6:30pm or if regular warm up at 6:30 and then ceremony and then game starting 15-20 minutes later than usual? Just trying to plan pre-game dinner but don't want to miss the warmup as its my first game in two years.

ukrainianjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2016, 02:57 PM
  #114
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Anders Hedberg honoured to be back in Winnipeg for Jets' Hall of Fame induction.

"Four years in Winnipeg afforded me wonderful experiences," former Jets winger says.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...fame-1.3807796

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2016, 03:02 PM
  #115
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrainianjet View Post
Does anyone know whether this ceremony will occur before the game IE. 6:30pm or if regular warm up at 6:30 and then ceremony and then game starting 15-20 minutes later than usual? Just trying to plan pre-game dinner but don't want to miss the warmup as its my first game in two years.
Before the Home Opener the Jets Twitter account said to be in your seats 15 minutes early (6:45pm). So I guess that's probably good advice for tonight too.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2016, 08:37 PM
  #116
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Swedes taught Jets how to fight back with their sticks.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/10/1...h-their-sticks

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2016, 07:28 PM
  #117
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/ICdave


Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2016, 08:33 PM
  #118
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,315
vCash: 500
Gonna record it fully expecting to delete it without watching. Mcdavid is going to destroy us.

ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2016, 09:38 PM
  #119
BrianFromAIH
Long Time Lurker
 
BrianFromAIH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Warren, OH, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jets4life View Post
thai jet, you are so silly.

Don't you know that arctic ice hockey dictates fan sentiment in winnipeg? It's not like they made evander kane out to be a martyr, fighting racism and bullying by winnipeg jets fans, management and players. It's not like a crazed female writer gets offended from a harmless chant during the playoff series with the ducks.

Arctic ice hockey once again shows it's true colours by telling us the faults of our heroes, whether we like it or not. They even bravely point out that our city is the most racist in canada, despite no factual evidence, other than a sensationalist piece by a misled journalist from vancouver.
lol. Imagine being this mad.


Last edited by BrianFromAIH: 10-19-2016 at 10:13 PM.
BrianFromAIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2016, 09:56 PM
  #120
Deif
Registered User
 
Deif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,148
vCash: 766
Is it too soon to induct Patrik Laine.

Deif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2016, 08:34 PM
  #121
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2016, 08:39 PM
  #122
Tom ServoMST3K
WPG PO Wins: 0
 
Tom ServoMST3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Just off 75
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,540
vCash: 949
So Hawerchuk and Steen will get in, who else?

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2016, 09:30 PM
  #123
blues10
Registered User
 
blues10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
So Hawerchuk and Steen will get in, who else?
Teemu and Teppo probably go in. Lukowich and Babych. Joe Daly may get in and Sjoberg.

Tkchunk has an outside chance.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2016, 10:42 PM
  #124
its a process
Registered User
 
its a process's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
The banners look like they could have used a steam or iron job.

its a process is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2016, 09:28 AM
  #125
AlphaLackey
Registered User
 
AlphaLackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,419
vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFromAIH View Post
lol. Imagine being this mad.
One can criticize a media outlet resorting to click-bait virtue-signalling without being "that mad". And even if they WERE that mad about such tactics, doesn't mean that this isn't exactly what the media outlet is doing.

AlphaLackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.