HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

What do you guys think about "The chech"

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2004, 08:39 AM
Cuiff

vCash: 500
What do you guys think about "The chech"

So, after 70-some game with "The Chech", what do you think of him.

What do you like about his game?

What do you dislike about his game?

oh, and just wait until you see him play in the playoffs!

Old
03-16-2004, 09:00 AM
kingsfan25

Opinion on Cechmanek seems to vary a great deal; some people argue that his style(or lack thereof) is flawed, while others point to his decent numbers.

Personally, I have not been impressed by what I have seen. On some nights, Roman is capable of turning out a very solid effort, while on others, he makes me think we'd be better off with Jamie Storr as our #1.

That being said I'm still optimistic about our chances in the playoffs. You see, I have this theory; from what I understand, in the past, Roman has played very well in the regular season and then faltered in the playoffs. However, this year he has been faltering all throughout the regular season, and, as such, will play his best hockey come playoff time.

You'll see.

Old
03-16-2004, 12:50 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
Opinion on Cechmanek seems to vary a great deal; some people argue that his style(or lack thereof) is flawed, while others point to his decent numbers.

Personally, I have not been impressed by what I have seen. On some nights, Roman is capable of turning out a very solid effort, while on others, he makes me think we'd be better off with Jamie Storr as our #1.

That being said I'm still optimistic about our chances in the playoffs. You see, I have this theory; from what I understand, in the past, Roman has played very well in the regular season and then faltered in the playoffs. However, this year he has been faltering all throughout the regular season, and, as such, will play his best hockey come playoff time.

You'll see.

Roman is a headcase! And, i'm happy all we gave up was a second rounder. He gives the coaching staff and fans a heart attack! He should have been happy to come here and get a fresh start, but his attitude is just piss poor. He's more concerned with his defenders making mistakes and bad officiating than stopping the puck. He needs to shut his hole and stop the puck. He's not pretty to watch either, half of the time he's floundering around like a fish out of water. Cristobal Huet has been ten times better this year, and he's more technically sound, but he's not a number one goaltender, and I don't think he can handle the load.

I hope with Roman's recent injury he can prove us wrong when he comes back. He will be our number one when he gets back, and I hope he steps up his game!

Old
03-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Venom_17

Yes, Roman has been a biotch this year. At this point I would much rather see Huet in the net. I'm actually very impressed with how he has played, especially considering AM has him playing back to back on days (i.e. Anaheim, Phoenix, San Jose-Anaheim). Roman sucks thus far. You can't have a goalie in there that bails on his guys like he did against Buffalo. That game solidified my opinion him.

Old
03-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
We haven't seen the best of Chechmanek this season. His style is obviously weird and he looks lazy at times, but whenver he comes back the recent play of Huet will light a fire under him. Obviously he's not going to change his style. I don't care if i get heart attack after heart attack in the game, because the biggest heart attack is seeing the lamp light up by an opponents goal. As long as he starts doing the things I know he can do, I can care less about his style. I think he's going have a great start whenever he plays. A goaltender controversy can't be avoided. Huet has shown in the past he can't cary a team for the long run, but he's doing it right now. With that said Roman deserves to have a chance to win his job back, because you never know he might put up better numbers then what Huet is putting up now. All that playoff talk doesn't worry me. He had like 2 shut outs in last years Ottowa serious and that was the only 2 games Philly won. I guess they were expecting 4 shut outs. All I know is Roman has proven in the past that he can put up the numbers and play with the elite goalies of this league. When he came back from injury, he started playing really well and then he had the injury again. We have only seen flashes of his abilities and now is the best time to see it all come together.

Old
03-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Cuiff

Thanks for you opinions..................

You guys sound pretty much like we (Flyer Fans) did last year. That why we gave him the boot. Heck, we booted him so far that he landed on the other coast.

Good luck!!!

Closed Thread