HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Before you come to the Kings fan board asking about Deader & Ally...

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 11:33 PM
LuckyLUC20

vCash: 500
Bad News:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

Hopefully this is just a minor setback for Deader. Things were looking so good. It seems as though he took a step back. It also talks about Allison's progress. He says the medication has helped, but he can't necessarily play while on the medication. He'd have to get off it, before he could play.

Old
11-12-2003, 11:56 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
Bad News:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

Hopefully this is just a minor setback for Deader. Things were looking so good. It seems as though he took a step back. It also talks about Allison's progress. He says the medication has helped, but he can't necessarily play while on the medication. He'd have to get off it, before he could play.
i saw that as well, and i have some bad news.

i'm afraid that i'm to blame for the regression of deadmarsh's injury- i've been having very positive thoughts about deadmarsh playing soon, and i even told a friend about how igm has seen him skating harder and looking better. so, apparently, my positive waves and big mouth have jinxed us. my deepest apologies.

flame away.

Old
11-13-2003, 06:02 AM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
MORE ****** NEWS.....http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=60361

Old
11-13-2003, 06:43 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
It's looks like the tables have turned and Ally is ahead of Deadmarsh.

Old
11-13-2003, 07:04 AM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
looks like we won't be seein either one of them till after x-mas

Old
11-13-2003, 07:53 AM
LuckyLUC20

this is terrible

Old
11-13-2003, 09:22 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Point blank, concussions aren't an exact science, so don't rely on anyone. If concussion symptoms last longer than two weeks, then something is wrong. If a player has a concussion that keeps him out for half a season, don't believe you will get the same player back. LaFontaine and Lindros were never the same, so it may be safe to for some analysts to think/say Allison & Deadmarsh careers are over. Sad.

Old
11-13-2003, 10:37 AM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
i saw that as well, and i have some bad news.

i'm afraid that i'm to blame for the regression of deadmarsh's injury- i've been having very positive thoughts about deadmarsh playing soon, and i even told a friend about how igm has seen him skating harder and looking better. so, apparently, my positive waves and big mouth have jinxed us. my deepest apologies.

flame away.
heh, I don't think you're the only one. A lot of us have been guilty of that... including myself. I feel so bad!!

Old
11-14-2003, 05:39 AM
jfont

Awards:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

more bad news...deader didn't work out for the 2nd consecutive day...wasn't feeling well.

11-14-2003, 06:22 AM
StianM

<------- Will we EVER see this again?

Old
11-14-2003, 07:33 AM
LuckyLUC20

This sucks, man.

I hope Deader feels better soon. Deader, we love you!

Old
11-15-2003, 08:34 AM
LuckyLUC20

Deader missed the 3rd practice in a row. He still feels dizzy.

Quote:
Deadmarsh (concussion) missed his third consecutive practice with dizziness. He practiced six days in a row with the Kings before they left on their last trip. "He was making progress,' Murray said. "This is a setback.'
http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1...768021,00.html

Old
11-18-2003, 02:29 AM
sopuli

Allison

All the news here seem to be focusing on Deadmarsh, but is there any sign of Allison getting better? His comeback last year was awesome, and I'm hoping to see something similar this season.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:26 AM
punchy1

I read on espn that Allison is due back in December or something like that. It is on our teams information page.

Old
11-18-2003, 07:39 AM
BIG FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I read on espn that Allison is due back in December or something like that. It is on our teams information page.
Don't expect to see either Allison or Deadmarsh play for the Kings this year. It's looking more likely their conditions can't improve enough for them to get back on the ice during a competitive game. Not what I want - but let's face reality.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:01 AM
punchy1

I share your pessimism but, when asked if we had heard anything the article on espn did say that he is responding very well to his new medication and that if (there is the devil) he continues down this path he will be back faster than any of us expected.

I may not think the world of espn but I would call them as legitimate of a source as any.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:41 AM
LuckyLUC20

I really hope the medication will work wonders for him. I know we were all optimistic about Deader's progress and then he has this set back. So, for now, I will not be excited about if the medication is working until I see Allison on the ice playing his game.

I don't want to jinx anything.

Old
11-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
I'm sure if I drop Deader from my fantasy hockey team today, he will come back within the week.

Old
11-18-2003, 11:36 AM
BIG FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skebo
I'm sure if I drop Deader from my fantasy hockey team today, he will come back within the week.
I think the best thing for Deadmarsh is just take the year off (same as Lindros). Since Lindros has started playing for New York he's had no concussion related injuries in 2+ years. I think that when Eric had the entire season off in Philly it helped him improve medically.

Also, many in this thread talk about a the "concussion proof" helmet. Obviously, it's not fool-proof but it has seemed to work - most notably with Alyn McAuley. It was estimated that he had approx. 9 concussions in Junior while playing with the Ottawa 67's. He also had a couple with Jersey and Toronto. When in T.O. he switched to this new helmet and nothing has happened to him in over 2 years, so it does help.

Old
11-18-2003, 11:22 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
allison's medicine is working

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...nes-sports-nhl

sweet!!

i have to admit, i'd completely given up on him and was ready to ship him to the pueget sound scallywags for a stickbag and some pucks. not that he's better by any means, but that's the first good allison news in a LONG time.

Old
11-19-2003, 07:26 AM
LuckyLUC20

That is great news! However, I'm not going to do what I did with Deadmarsh. I will believe it when I see him on the ice playing his game. I don't want to jinx anything!!!!

But seriously, this is awesome. I'm glad the medication is helping him. It says he hasn't been himself for the past 8 or 9 months! Wow, I feel terrible that he hasn't felt like himself. There's also another story in the Daily News that I will find and post here. It says that he's optimistic about returning. He'll need about a month of practice before he plays a game.

Old
11-19-2003, 07:28 AM
LuckyLUC20

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1...775370,00.html

Quote:
It's been depression, insomnia, memory problems ... you're just 'off.' You're really irritable. You feel like a different person. That's why I'm most optimistic and I know this is working, because the symptoms aren't as bad, and I feel more like myself.

"I'm hoping that in the next few weeks, I can feel close to back to normal and we can move on with this thing."

More important than Allison's mood is the fact that over the past week, he has been able to push himself in practice without feeling the symptoms as intensely. Allison said once the symptoms disappear, he will need up to a month of practice before he can play.

The hope is that over the next few weeks, the medication will completely balance Allison's serotonin level. That could be tricky, because the medication causes fatigue, and doctors need to find the right balance as Allison attempts to get in game shape.

Old
11-19-2003, 11:42 AM
messy_eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
That is great news! However, I'm not going to do what I did with Deadmarsh. I will believe it when I see him on the ice playing his game. I don't want to jinx anything!!!!

Just as a further note "The Score" up here in canada (it's an all sports channel which focuses mainly on hockey Cnn meets Espn) just said somthing about the Kings and Allision will know more in 2 weeks. Not sure where they got there info but thought i would pass it on

Old
11-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Highlander
Just as a further note "The Score" up here in canada (it's an all sports channel which focuses mainly on hockey Cnn meets Espn) just said somthing about the Kings and Allision will know more in 2 weeks. Not sure where they got there info but thought i would pass it on
thank you. It's shame that we didn't hear it here in LA

Old
11-19-2003, 12:00 PM
LuckyLUC20

Thanks Canuck Highlander.. we appreciate the info.

Times like these, I wish I lived in Canada.

Closed Thread