HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Before you come to the Kings fan board asking about Deader & Ally...

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2003, 11:20 PM
LuckyLUC20

vCash: 500
Update on Deader and it's not good:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

Old
11-24-2003, 04:41 PM
Fielddog

When I saw Allison at Health South last week he looked pretty good skating to me. I am going tomorrow (Tuesday) morning to watch the pre-game skate and I will give you all a report if he skates....

Old
11-24-2003, 04:53 PM
LuckyLUC20

Thanks, Fielddog!

Keep it up, Ally!

Old
11-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielddog
When I saw Allison at Health South last week he looked pretty good skating to me. I am going tomorrow (Tuesday) morning to watch the pre-game skate and I will give you all a report if he skates....
Is there someway you could keep Stumpy off the ice at the same time?

Old
11-27-2003, 11:46 AM
LuckyLUC20

Update on Allison:

http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/oc...onth=11&day=27
Quote:
Kings center Jason Allison had to back off the intensity of his workouts recently after having "a couple bad days" when the symptoms from his whiplash injury increased.

"I started feeling so good that I tried to go 100 percent and pushed it too much," said Allison, whose symptoms primarily involve vision problems.

"If I'd gone 80 or 90 percent, I'd probably feel fine."

Despite the latest setback, Allison, who hasn't played since January, remains confident in the recent diagnosis of post-traumatic migraine syndrome (not post-concussion) and medication prescribed. He hopes to join in full-team practices by the end of next week and remains optimistic he will play soon.

But that could mean anything "from three weeks to two months," he conceded.

"I guess you shouldn't figure on things going perfect, and I should know better than that after all this time. They haven't gone perfect yet," he said.

"On the flip side, I have to look at it compared to where I was three or four weeks ago before I started taking this medication. (There is a) big-time difference. I'm feeling much more myself."

Old
11-28-2003, 08:18 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
I still think he's taking Prozac or similar medication.

And by the way, my Kings' source tells me that while management isn't saying anything about Deadmarsh for sure, the rumblings in the hallways at HS are that he's done... at least for the year and maybe "as a King", but that's not an official word, more of an impression he gets from being around the players.

In fact, he told me it's ironic, but the best thing Deader can hope for if he's unable to suit up this year, would be a prolonged lockout. He just needs more time.

Maybe they should prescribe some Prozac for Kings fans... I'm starting to get a little depressed myself.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:47 PM
LuckyLUC20

Yea, this is a very depressing situation. I love Deader, but if it's the best thing for him to not come back this year, then so be it. His health is first and foremost, he's got twin daughters and a lovely wife... he needs to take care of them first before playing hockey. It'll be tough, but I'm starting to accept the fact we may never see him again.

Old
11-30-2003, 01:42 PM
RushingRocket

Send a message via AIM to RushingRocket Send a message via Yahoo to RushingRocket
Quote:
Yea, this is a very depressing situation. I love Deader, but if it's the best thing for him to not come back this year, then so be it. His health is first and foremost, he's got twin daughters and a lovely wife... he needs to take care of them first before playing hockey. It'll be tough, but I'm starting to accept the fact we may never see him again.
Man, I feel so bad. And to think, I came here (Kings boards) because I drafted Allison in my fantasy draft. I dropped him a few weeks ago but keep coming back anyway. You guys are all really knowledgable, and really care about your players. And I gotta say, this is a nice break from the insanity and constant arguments between posters over on the Rangers boards...we hate nearly everybody on our team .

Oh well...I'm pulling for Ally

Old
12-02-2003, 06:23 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushingRocket
Man, I feel so bad. And to think, I came here (Kings boards) because I drafted Allison in my fantasy draft. I dropped him a few weeks ago but keep coming back anyway. You guys are all really knowledgable, and really care about your players. And I gotta say, this is a nice break from the insanity and constant arguments between posters over on the Rangers boards...we hate nearly everybody on our team .

Oh well...I'm pulling for Ally
Thanks for the compliment.

Old
12-06-2003, 09:38 PM
messy_eh

Any thing new on ally, Up here in Canada a couple weeks ago i heard on a local tv station they would know more in a couple weeeks, it has been that now was wondering if there was anything new to report, I know some of you go to the morning skates, Just wondering if there wan any new progress, Thanks

Old
12-06-2003, 09:47 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Highlander
Any thing new on ally, Up here in Canada a couple weeks ago i heard on a local tv station they would know more in a couple weeeks, it has been that now was wondering if there was anything new to report, I know some of you go to the morning skates, Just wondering if there wan any new progress, Thanks
He started skating again... he took 3 days off after a minor setback. He just needed a couple days off. The people that went to the practices says that he is still a bit slow (but that's Jason's style anyway... pretty slow skater)...however, he's looking better than he was a couple weeks ago, that's for sure.

There's some footage of him skating in this website from a King fan that went to the practice yesterday: http://www.moonstruct.com/kingspractice.html

There are also pictures of the Kings practicing and leaving the training center... the videos of Allison are at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Old
12-06-2003, 10:54 PM
LuckyLUC20

Here's an update on Allison from the Daily News:

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1...814779,00.html

Quote:
It's still a waiting game for Kings center Jason Allison, whose mornings are filled with optimism and frustration as he attempts to get his head and vision clear enough to return to the ice.

Allison, who hasn't played since January, continues to suffer from post-migraine symptoms, which flare up during periods of strenuous activity. However, he joined the Kings' morning skate Saturday -- participating in non-contact drills -- with the hope he will return before the end of the season.

"From what the doctors tell me, it's a matter of days or weeks, not weeks or months," Allison said. "It's encouraging, because I'm feeling better, but it's tough because I want to get back out there."

Medication has helped ease the worst of Allison's symptoms, but he continues to experience vision problems and generally "feels off" when he pushes himself in practices.

Until the symptoms disappear entirely, Allison is unable to practice at full strength and get ready for game action. There is no timetable; it's all a matter of when Allison's head clears.

"It could be three or four days or it could be two weeks," Allison said. "The hard part is not being able to be 100 percent at practice, because that's the only way I'm going to come back. But it really changes from day to day. Sometimes I come off the ice and think I could be back in a couple (of) weeks."

Another encouraging aspect for Allison is that doctors have told him he is at no increased risk of injury when he returns, because his problem is chemical, and not a concussion.

Allison recently took two days off from practice, not because of the symptoms but because of the flu, which seems to be going around the Kings' locker room.
It looks like he's getting better and better. It changed from weeks or months... to days or weeks.

Old
12-07-2003, 08:22 AM
messy_eh

Quote:
Here's an update on Allison from the Daily News:

It looks like he's getting better and better. It changed from weeks or months... to days or weeks.

Good news thanks alot

Old
12-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Frolov

Allison can start contact drills if he wanted to. There is no risk of injury. The only set back is fatique at this point.

Old
12-08-2003, 08:54 PM
jfont

Awards:
thanks for the updates luckyluc20...any news on deader?

12-08-2003, 09:58 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
thanks for the updates luckyluc20...any news on deader?
I can't find a single thing about Deader. I don't even think he's skating right now since that collision with Stumpel. I read that after he collided with Stump, he left the ice and is going to take some time off until he feels like he can skate again.

Obviously a major setback... Get well soon, Deader...

Old
12-09-2003, 10:47 AM
LuckyLUC20

Just wanted to point out that the reason Allison took a couple days off from skating was due to the flu and not the symptoms of the post migraine disorder... I know I quoted it in a previous post above, but just in case some of you missed it or skipped over it... that's why he missed a couple days.

Looks like the flu has been going around the Kings' locker room. ReggiMoto said that John Tripp got it in Manchester (a bunch of Monarchs got sick and I guess passed it on to Tripp) and flew to LA with it and then Lubo got sick, Luc got sick, Chartrand got sick, now Ally got sick. I think they're all okay now, obviously... but I thought that was kind of funny. It's like a plague.

Old
12-09-2003, 07:15 PM
LuckyLUC20

Update on Deader:

A fan over at LGK posted this... this was in a recent THN (The Hockey News) article:

Quote:
Adam Deadmarsh says he's very much looking forward to Christmas and the new year. It's this anniversary thing he's not so crazy about.

On Dec. 15, Deadmarsh will have gone one year since his last NHL game, a 2-1 loss in Pheonix during which he scored a goal and got his bell rung. Since then, every day has been pretty much Feb. 2 for him - Groundhog Day, characterized by post-concussion syndrome.And there's no guarantee he'll ever be healthy enough to play again. "It has been a frustrating and scary time for me," Deader (sic) says.

The 28-year-old Kings winger had a burst out of the gate in 2002-03- his ninth nhl season - when he suffered his first head injury in Toronto, on Nov. 12. He got spun around by an opponent and his head struck the flexible glass. He returned a month later and played well in four more games before incurring a setback. During a play in which he was falling to the ice, his head collided with teammate Craig Johnsons knee and... "...now here I am," Deadmarsh says. "It's been a long year for sure. Yeah, I'm angry and frustrated, but what am I going to do about it? It's not an injury you can play through."

His first three months off were, as a comedy network says, time well wasted. "I didnt do much," says Deadmarsh, who scored 13 goals in his abbreviated 20-game season. "I basically sat around the house and played with my kids (twin daughters Alexis and Madison). I didn't venture out of the house too much when I did, I felt the symptoms come on pretty strongly. As long as I stayed in my house, I felt pretty good."

The demons came in the form of light-headedness, a sensation Deadmarsh likens to the feeling you'd get from over-exerting yourself when blowing up balloons. Only, his dizzyness would quickly dissipate. He also experienced occasional headaches and distorted vision, where objects weren't crisp.He started feeling better in the spring and begun working out once the season concluded. He trained hard in the summer and was optimistic about returning this calander year when, in practice, he was accidentally clipped by teammate Josef Stumple.

Now, although still hopefull of a return, Deadmarsh is back playing the waiting game, wondering whether he'll ever be able to resume his career. Retirement has crossed his mind. "Whenever you've been out this long you question whether you're ever going to heal up fully again," Deadmarsh says. "I plan on healing and playing again, but if I can never get over this feeling that I have, obviously I can't play with it. Time's going to tell. I'm feeling better, but it's getting over that last hump and feeling like I usually do that has been hard for me. Hopefully, I get to that point."
That last paragraph is so depressing... Feel better, Deader!

Last edited by LuckyLUC20: 12-09-2003 at 07:21 PM.
Old
12-10-2003, 06:51 AM
LuckyLUC20

here is the link to that THN Article on Deadmarsh:

http://www.thn.com/en/headlines/deta...t=954869803932

Old
12-14-2003, 09:37 AM
LuckyLUC20

Another update on Deadmarsh:

(got me really sad )

"Kings face possibility of dead end"

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1...829808,00.html

Old
12-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Habs33

Just watched the '96 cup finals when a very young Deader hoisted the cup and was soaked in champagne....

Get well soon Deader, we Love you!!

Old
12-28-2003, 02:39 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Jason Allison, who had been practicing at HealthSouth while recovering from post-traumatic stress-related migraines, didn't skate Saturday because he didn't feel good, Coach Andy Murray said. However, trainer Pete Demers said it's not a setback. "You look at it as how are you this week compared to last week," Demers said. "You don't look at it day to day." Allison was to see Dr. Michael Mellman on Saturday but did not feel good enough to attend the game. .
per LA Times... Hopefully minor.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

Old
12-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Habs33

Jason Allison cancelled scheduled workouts over the weekend after suffering post-traumatic migraine syndrome symptoms.
Just when it looked like Allison was inching his way back to a return, he suffers another setback. When he will be back is anyone's guess at this point, but it does not look like it will be anytime in January at the very least. The frustration for Allison owners and the Kings continues.

Old
12-31-2003, 05:45 AM
Habs33

This is the best way for him to say, he'll sit for the year.
I'd rather see him take the whole year off and curing himself once and for all.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...51&hubName=nhl

Old
01-07-2004, 05:15 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSam
Latest news has it that basically... Allison doesn't want to play for this team under Murray. Enjoy!
you got a link or is it just pure speculation on your part?

Closed Thread