HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Before you come to the Kings fan board asking about Deader & Ally...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2004, 08:22 PM
  #101
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,375
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSam
PURE speculation, jfont.

Do you have a link that proves otherwise?
LOL!

this isn't about me guy...you're the one that made a claim...

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline  
Old
01-20-2004, 03:37 AM
  #102
Disco Volante
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 2nd to FloydianSlip
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,563
vCash: 500
Excuse me for asking guys, but what's the news on Straka? gone for the year too?

Disco Volante is offline  
Old
01-20-2004, 04:36 AM
  #103
Grady41
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PornoHolocaust
Excuse me for asking guys, but what's the news on Straka? gone for the year too?
He said he might need surgery Kings management wants to double check which I think was supposed to happen Monday so sometimes today we might know more.

Grady41 is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 12:36 AM
  #104
Grady41
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PornoHolocaust
Excuse me for asking guys, but what's the news on Straka? gone for the year too?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...Name=nhl-kings

Grady41 is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 05:57 PM
  #105
LuckyLUC20
Registered User
 
LuckyLUC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Somewhere in So-Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Bad News, but not surprising news on Allison and Deadmarsh, also updates on Straka and Miller:

sign-in: letsgokings
password: letsgokings


Quote:
"I think the feeling is that it's very doubtful we'll see Deadmarsh and Allison play this year," Murray said. "I can't say much more about it than that. They're not skating and we're almost into the month of February."

Allison and Deadmarsh aren't the only key Kings sidelined. Forward Martin Straka had surgery Thursday to remove cartilage from both knees and defenseman Aaron Miller has been out since Dec. 10 because of a pinched nerve in his neck.

"Marty Straka, if he does return, will probably be the end of March, early April," Murray said. "And Aaron Miller is still doubtful at this particular time. It looks like it's taking longer than what we thought."

LuckyLUC20 is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 03:03 PM
  #106
Maynard
Registered User
 
Maynard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Before you come to the Kings fan board asking about Deader & Ally...
There's another Kings fan board?

Maynard is offline  
Old
02-13-2004, 09:54 PM
  #107
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSam
No this is the only worthy one.
Sam is a loser and gets banned from every board. I imagine he's been banned here too once. How do you spell moron? S A M

no name is offline  
Old
02-14-2004, 03:11 AM
  #108
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSam
I sense a stalker. What, those cows in the 909 aren't keeping you company?
there is no room on this board for this kind of nonsense. this makes what, three different threads in which the two of you have starting taking shots at each other? enough. grow up. if you want to talk trash, do it privately.

again, i cannot stress how much that kind of mindless garbage is unwelcome here. this is a board for intelligent, informed, and civil hockey fans, and it will most certainly stay that way.

agentfouser is offline  
Old
02-14-2004, 04:00 PM
  #109
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,754
vCash: 500
Apparently my point is mute since I just found out I am currently in the middle of a week ban from LGK. I stand corrected.

no name is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 08:47 AM
  #110
LuckyLUC20
Registered User
 
LuckyLUC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Somewhere in So-Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
According to the Daily News, Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh still come to HealthSouth Training Center every morning, but are still experiencing PCS. Daily News - small section at very bottom

nothing new, but I didn't know they still came to training every morning. I thought they were no where near HealthSouth due to their setbacks.

Also, someone (from LGK) was watching the Sens/Caps game last night and said that during the second intermission, the commentators were talking about Deader. The guy said that Deader really wants to come back in a Kings uniform and help this team out any way he can. He also said Deader wanted to break his career high 33-goals in a season record.

I miss Deader!

LuckyLUC20 is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 09:57 AM
  #111
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name
Apparently my point is mute since I just found out I am currently in the middle of a week ban from LGK. I stand corrected.
What did you do this time?

 
Old
02-18-2004, 10:32 PM
  #112
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
What did you do this time?
It was either the "dont buy pizza from the yellow man" thread or one of my brilliant karma notes bit me in the ass.

no name is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 11:54 PM
  #113
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,484
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
According to the Daily News, Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh still come to HealthSouth Training Center every morning, but are still experiencing PCS. Daily News - small section at very bottom

nothing new, but I didn't know they still came to training every morning. I thought they were no where near HealthSouth due to their setbacks.

Also, someone (from LGK) was watching the Sens/Caps game last night and said that during the second intermission, the commentators were talking about Deader. The guy said that Deader really wants to come back in a Kings uniform and help this team out any way he can. He also said Deader wanted to break his career high 33-goals in a season record.

I miss Deader!
It will be an interesting offseason if Allison and Deadmarsh start feeling better. If there is ANY improvements, im sure everyone will be counting the day until they get back on the ice. If they start getting healthy, and as much as it would suck as fans, a lockout might actually benefit the Kings so they can get as many hands on deck as possible, not that we want a lockout though

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 02:23 AM
  #114
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
It will be an interesting offseason if Allison and Deadmarsh start feeling better. If there is ANY improvements, im sure everyone will be counting the day until they get back on the ice. If they start getting healthy, and as much as it would suck as fans, a lockout might actually benefit the Kings so they can get as many hands on deck as possible, not that we want a lockout though
I don't think the Kings will pick up the option on Allison after the seaon unless he is 100% healthy. I think if Deader plays another game he will be in A KINGS uniform. We have to stop counting the days of there return-(it doesnt work). Maybe a miracle will happen and atleast one of them will be back by the end of the season or playoff time.-U never know.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 12:06 AM
  #115
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I don't think the Kings will pick up the option on Allison after the seaon unless he is 100% healthy. I think if Deader plays another game he will be in A KINGS uniform. We have to stop counting the days of there return-(it doesnt work). Maybe a miracle will happen and atleast one of them will be back by the end of the season or playoff time.-U never know.
Impossible. The Kings have stopped using injuries as an excuse. I wouldn't count on seing either of them, back nor do I want either of them back. (Allison that is. I want to see Deadmarsh back) Because quite frankly, if the doctors said he was ready to go physically, and he's just saying "I dont feel right," then thats not the hockey player that the Kings want right now. The team L.A. has is hard-working players, who wont quit. Allison.. QUIT, as far as Im concerned. I dont really believe he's injured. Every day its a new thing. Quit being such a p*ssy. As for Deadmarsh, you know he wants to be on the ice it doesn't matter who he's playing for.

two out of three* is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 12:34 AM
  #116
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I don't think the Kings will pick up the option on Allison after the seaon unless he is 100% healthy. I think if Deader plays another game he will be in A KINGS uniform. We have to stop counting the days of there return-(it doesnt work). Maybe a miracle will happen and atleast one of them will be back by the end of the season or playoff time.-U never know.
i think that kings management is going to take a long, hard look at every player they consider signing to see if that player has a history of injuries. i would be shocked if they had anything to do with players who make that kind of money and average 60 or fewer games per season. even if it means not going for the best player available, the kings must include durability as a determining aspect in player selection.

agentfouser is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 09:42 AM
  #117
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
i think that kings management is going to take a long, hard look at every player they consider signing to see if that player has a history of injuries. i would be shocked if they had anything to do with players who make that kind of money and average 60 or fewer games per season. even if it means not going for the best player available, the kings must include durability as a determining aspect in player selection.
I guess they didn't use this approach with Miller.

Fat Elvis is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 02:46 PM
  #118
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I guess they didn't use this approach with Miller.
i think that miler's experience, as well as allison's and deadmarsh's, all from this season, is what will propel them toward a more drastic policy regarding players and injuries. the organization got burned last season by injuries, and that happens to every team occasionally. however, to have it happen two years in a row, and with greater intensity in the second year, must be indicative of an organizational weakness. if this organization wants to be something other than a team that manages to "hang in there desptie injuries," and realistically compete for a stanley cup, this weakness must be addressed.

now, certain other players, like palffy and visnovsky, (and belanger too, although he's stayed healthy this year) are injury-prone as well, but i think that in their cases, thier value to the team is great enough that it outwieghs their frailty. besides, with a healthier overall defense corps, visnovsky wouldn't have to play nearly 30 minutes a night. i think he'd play all season if his ice time could be cut to 20 minutes a night. the same with palffy. with a healthier forward corps around him, and especially playing with physical forwards like barney or stumpel, the defense would key on him slightly less and he wouldn't take so much abuse.

so i guess what it comes down to is that a team can only have so many injury-prone players. our team has too many.

agentfouser is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 12:00 PM
  #119
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
Speaking Miller. What happened? I thought he were skating with the team and slowly working his way back into the line up. Is he coming back soon? What about Vis. Last I read he were not going with us on the roadie but we have been back now for three games and no word.

I still feel that it would be pro sports and nice to have the tele crew (radio as well) to give an injury update at the start of every broadcast. Miller and Vis would be truly impact players for us right now.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 02:32 PM
  #120
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Speaking Miller. What happened? I thought he were skating with the team and slowly working his way back into the line up. Is he coming back soon? What about Vis. Last I read he were not going with us on the roadie but we have been back now for three games and no word.

I still feel that it would be pro sports and nice to have the tele crew (radio as well) to give an injury update at the start of every broadcast. Miller and Vis would be truly impact players for us right now.
there was a blurb in the la times a few days ago that said something like "neither are skating and there is no timetable for their return."

not good news.

agentfouser is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 02:34 PM
  #121
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
there was a blurb in the la times a few days ago that said something like "neither are skating and there is no timetable for their return."

not good news.
la times yesterday

agentfouser is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 02:36 PM
  #122
LuckyLUC20
Registered User
 
LuckyLUC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Somewhere in So-Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator

LuckyLUC20 is offline  
Old
03-02-2004, 03:06 PM
  #123
Habs33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 518
vCash: 500
Any news on allison or deaders condition? Can they return next year? or will they be forced to retire...

Habs33 is offline  
Old
03-02-2004, 03:24 PM
  #124
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs33
Any news on allison or deaders condition? Can they return next year? or will they be forced to retire...
Not much news recently about either. Neither are skating with the team. Allison has been seeing specialist after specialist
This is just a guess, but I think Deadmarsh is done. There have been some accusations that Allison is "faking it". I think Allison will be back next year, with what team is the question

 
Old
03-02-2004, 06:44 PM
  #125
Juni0r24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arcadia
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juni0r24
Although I would love to see Adam back I truthfully believe that it would be wise to retire. You have to think he does have two little girls that wont be little 4ever and with his head as bad as it is now i dont think that it would be worth the risk of an even more hard injury. But hey im not say i dont want to see him play...hes great.

Juni0r24 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.