HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perezhogin ...

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Johnny Danger

vCash: 500
Perezhogin ...

why isn't he producing so far in the AHL ...? when might he step into the NHL?

thx

Old
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
MY take on why he isn't producing would be the fact that he's getting used to a smaller ice surface, learning a new style of hockey, and isn't quite fluent in English yet.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:37 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Our resident expert montreal could probably tell you best. The stat that jumps out at me is his 7 shots in 5 games. If you look at Ryder's stats with the Dogs last year, he shot the puck 221 times over 69 games, which averages out to 3.2 shots a game. Ryder scored 34 goals. Perezhogin, meanwhile, is averaging 1.4 shots per game.

Also, Balej and Plekanec did not have great first seasons in the AHL. This year, though, they're both supposedly playing very well. Perezhogin probably just needs to play and learn from some of the older guys on the team.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:54 AM
Riggins

Plekanec had a pretty good first season. You're right about Balej though.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:57 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik20
My mistake. I didn't realize how well Plekanec did. I would expect Perezhogin to be in between Plekanec and Balej rookie numbers, maybe in the 35 point area.

Old
10-24-2003, 12:28 PM
habitants9_4

Perezhogin is obviously talented as he is playing on the first line over Balej, Ferland and Milroy. IMO, he is not producing because he can't call for the pass, he obviously is having difficulty communicating. He barely knows ANY English, and is on English lessons. I did notice his soft hands, and his acceleration is pretty good.

Old
10-24-2003, 12:32 PM
Johnny Danger

is he learning the language ...?

what about his ethic work? ...

Old
10-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Rahan

I don't get why they don't take english lessons right when they get drafted by a NA team.. They know they'll have to know it if they want to make their way to the NHL.. wow.

Old
10-24-2003, 03:53 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I can't say why Perezhogin isn't producing. He's not doing much of anything from the games I listened to. He did have one good game with a few scoring chances. He has never played outside the Russian system and that could be giving him some problems as it's been said already that he doesn't speak much English.

Tonight coach Jarvis has moved Perezhogin on a line with Svitov for a change. In the pregame the assisant coach said they hoped Svitov can get him going. We'll have to see. I'll be there next week keeping a close eye on Perezhogin.

Old
10-24-2003, 03:59 PM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
why isn't he producing so far in the AHL ...? when might he step into the NHL?

thx
The majority of crossover players usually take a bit of time to adjust to the NA style. I was laughing hysterically when in june/july, people had him in their starting line-ups on the first line. Give it some time and he'll adjust.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:35 PM
habsfan11

Also, Balej and Plekanec did not have great first seasons in the AHL. This year, though, they're both supposedly playing very well. Perezhogin probably just needs to play and learn from some of the older guys on the team.[/QUOTE]

Pleks played well and balej came over from the whl, so he had a few seasons of NA hockey under his belt before he played for the bulldogs

Old
10-24-2003, 06:31 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik20
Julien said that he was surprise by the game of plek during the pre-season; he said that last year ,it was like Plek was shy with the puck and wasn't careful about the game ...

may be it is the same thing for Perez .From a guy who was playing in a large surface with creative kind of players , i woudn't surprise if he is thinking something like '' what kind of - - - - ing game those people are playing ???

Old
10-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_

Pleks played well and balej came over from the whl, so he had a few seasons of NA hockey under his belt before he played for the bulldogs
And Blaej played in the USHL before being drafted in the CHL .

Old
10-25-2003, 05:18 AM
Johnny Danger

Quote:
is he learning the language ...?

what about his ethic work? ...
anyone?

Old
10-25-2003, 05:58 AM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
Quote:
anyone?
It seems he took some Enlgilsh lessons.

I don't think that is work ethic is a problem(in the HF report on him they talk about a coach telling how good was the Perezhogin work ethic) but maybe he needs some motivation.Remember, Markov when he first arrived in NA had seen is work ethic being questionned.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:57 AM
habitants9_4

Perezhogin has been on English lessons, he has started to learn the basics, but has a lot of difficulty responding to questions. A whole season should help.

His work ethic is pretty good, but I think he looks dissapointed right now, because he can barely speak English, and has trouble performing. A change of lines might help this kid.

I think he is playing with Svitov and Suomervuori, who in my opinion are the best LW, and C on this team. Svitov needs a good line mate to perform. This should help Perezhogin.

Old
10-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Johnny Danger

is there any risk of perezhogin becoming too disappointed and returning to russia? ...

i consider dealing for him in a keeper league, so this question is just to get some ensurance

Old
10-25-2003, 08:05 AM
Mike8

Quote:
is there any risk of perezhogin becoming too disappointed and returning to russia? ...

i consider dealing for him in a keeper league, so this question is just to get some ensurance
Doubtful.

He's still very raw in many ways. We're 1/8th through his first pro season in North America. It's not time to panic, give him time.

Closed Thread