HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Michel Therrien goes BALLISTIC on Pens...

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 11:30 AM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
OT: Michel Therrien goes BALLISTIC on Pens...

Michel Therrien snips from the Times online.com following the Penguin's loss to Edmonton last night:

"A pathetic performance," Therrien said. "Half of the team doesn't care. Will those guys take only 50 percent of their salary because they only play 50 percent of the time?"

"Tonight this looked like men against boys."

"That defensive squad, I'm really starting to believe their goal is to be the worst defensive squad in the league," Therrien said. "They're doing such a great job to be the worst defensive squad in the league. They turn the puck over, they have no vision. They're soft like I've never seen a bunch of defensemen soft like this."

"I tried to have a good ambiance with the team yesterday", Therrien said. "I guess we're going to have to come back with the old recipe. They make my job miserable, so it's give and take. What can I do?"

link: http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...d=478568&rfi=6

Does he post here???

Last edited by King Blazer: 01-11-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old
01-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Fat Elvis

Doesn't Mario see the same things? He's one of the guys dishing out their paychecks, wouldn't their play bother him? I guess they like getting a top 3 pick better than icing a competitve team.

Old
01-11-2006, 12:11 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Michel Therrien snips from the Times online.com following the Penguin's loss to Edmonton last night:

"A pathetic performance," Therrien said. "Half of the team doesn't care. Will those guys take only 50 percent of their salary because they only play 50 percent of the time?"

"Tonight this looked like men against boys."

"That defensive squad, I'm really starting to believe their goal is to be the worst defensive squad in the league," Therrien said. "They're doing such a great job to be the worst defensive squad in the league. They turn the puck over, they have no vision. They're soft like I've never seen a bunch of defensemen soft like this."

"I tried to have a good ambiance with the team yesterday", Therrien said. "I guess we're going to have to come back with the old recipe. They make my job miserable, so it's give and take. What can I do?"

link: http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...d=478568&rfi=6

Does he post here???
I would have to imagine that Eddie O went through the same tirades. I think he's an underrated coach, and a good guy that just had a bunch of dick wads playing for him.
HNIC...Cherry had mentioned that he was asking for other players, but Patrick went out and got others. Hindsight is a *****. It ended up costing him his job. On a side note that game last night put me to sleep......almost as boring as the Stars. Carolina and Detroit last night was a good game.

Old
01-11-2006, 12:12 PM
King Blazer

When they were building the Pens after the lockout, most everyone here pointed out that there wasn't anybody that played defense on the team.

Quote:
Pretty much what people expected there coach. I know you inherited the problem, but hey...

Old
01-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I can't believe people are pimping up Therrien as coach of the year.

He is an average coach at best who replaced an awful one.

Old
01-11-2006, 12:19 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn

I think Therrien is definitely overrated....but i'm not so sure about Eddie O. I think he deserves a chance with another club, and then we can guage it a bit better. He's coached Pitt, and they're ****ing useless.
What makes me more sick is that they keep landing superstars to be with top two picks every year. Enough is enough with that club.......I don't feel sorry for them in the least!

Old
01-11-2006, 01:12 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
I have yet to listen to it but i heard the PC is at the Pens site.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:24 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I'm a big fan of Jaroslav Balastik on the Blue Jackets... I think someone should go Balastik over his play!

Old
01-11-2006, 01:29 PM
TubbyTerrion*

As for their defensive squad, all the ridicule has been leveled at the improbably poor play of Sergei Gonchar this season, but believe me, Brooks Orpik, Joseph Melichar, the already deposed Steve Poapst... this is CRAP...

At 37 years old, I hope Lyle Odelein gets dealt to a contender before he completely forgets what it's like to play honest defense on a legitimate team.

Also, side note: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=50

note: Ziggy's +/- compared to the rest of the entire squad.

Old
01-11-2006, 01:29 PM
roenick66

Didn't I also hear that this was the Oilers first victory in Pittsburgh in like 10 or 12 years?? And "lazy" penalties by Dick Tarnstrom and Sergei Gonchar?? Tell me it ain't so ...

Old
01-11-2006, 01:46 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Egads! Where?

Quote:
I liked Olczyk better in the booth as the straight man to Mike Lange's tired "scratch my back w/ a hacksaw" schtick.

Old
01-11-2006, 04:28 PM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Also, side note: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=50

note: Ziggy's +/- compared to the rest of the entire squad.
The SAME Ziggy Palffy that learned how to play defense under Andy Murray. The SAME piece of crap player that left a playoff contender to go get "a shot at the cup" - It makes me so happy every time Pittsburgh loses. I want him as miserable as possible.

We offered him 3 years at 6 million a year BEFORE the lockout. He turned it down. We offered him 4.5 million for TWO years in L.A. - He turned it down. What did he get from Pittsburgh? According to NHLPA.com he's making 3.5 million this year.

Idiot. I hope they trade all of their decent players at the trade deadline and they don't win another game all year.

Or they trade him back to the Kings for Kanko, Ryan, James and Clarke

Old
01-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Even if he could be had in a trade, call me crazy, but I still would be reluctant to have Palffy on the roster at $4.5M over the course of the next two seasons.

I think the money would be better spent on signing a younger player who can stick around for quite some time, especially a center like a Brad Richards or Scott Gomez.

As for the Penguins... I find it funny how people were posting topics such as "PITTSBURGH PENGUINS, STANLEY CUP CONTENDERS" over on the NHL forum after the Pens acquired Recchi, LeClair, Palffy, Gonchar, Odelein, Thibault and drafted Crosby.

Old
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB
The SAME Ziggy Palffy that learned how to play defense under Andy Murray. The SAME piece of crap player that left a playoff contender to go get "a shot at the cup" - It makes me so happy every time Pittsburgh loses. I want him as miserable as possible.

We offered him 3 years at 6 million a year BEFORE the lockout. He turned it down. We offered him 4.5 million for TWO years in L.A. - He turned it down. What did he get from Pittsburgh? According to NHLPA.com he's making 3.5 million this year.

Idiot. I hope they trade all of their decent players at the trade deadline and they don't win another game all year.
Palffy makes 4.5 million over three years, I believe. 3.5 this year, 4.5 next, and 5.5 the year after that.

That said, he's still a tool for leaving for Pittsburgh

Old
01-11-2006, 05:49 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB
Or they trade him back to the Kings for Kanko, Ryan, James and Clarke
The Kings would still need to add a pick to get it done...

Old
01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Venom_17

Yeah not only all of the above...but there have to be other problems on that team. If I was on that team and Kovalchuk was acting how he did last week...I woulda pounded his freakin head into the ice. Instead, NO ONE on that team stuck up for the 18 year old franchise player. UNbelievable. To me, that is a sign of a messy locker room.

Old
01-11-2006, 07:09 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
Yeah not only all of the above...but there have to be other problems on that team. If I was on that team and Kovalchuk was acting how he did last week...I woulda pounded his freakin head into the ice. Instead, NO ONE on that team stuck up for the 18 year old franchise player. UNbelievable. To me, that is a sign of a messy locker room.

whole 'nuther conversation... would you have given Sid The Kid an "A" ?

Old
01-11-2006, 07:19 PM
pelts35.com

I seem to recall Therrien doing the same thing in WB/S either last season or 2 seasons ago.

Old
01-11-2006, 07:59 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Well, that little "pep talk" seems to have worked wonders. Columbus gets 3 in the first off recently recalled goaltender Dany Sabourin (who was 15-1-1 with an ungodly save pctg. and a GAA way under 2.)

Penguins implosion continues.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

You think Therrien went ballistic before? Imagine how he feels after Balastik scored to put the BJ's up 4-1 against the Pens.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Venom_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
whole 'nuther conversation... would you have given Sid The Kid an "A" ?

Nope. I would rather have seen it on Orpik...

A pretty obvious lack of leadership on that team.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
You think Therrien went ballistic before? Imagine how he feels after Balastik scored to put the BJ's up 4-1 against the Pens.
Make that 6-1. Man is this ugly.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Two goals for Jaroslav Balastik. Man the Penguins are dreadful.

Old
01-11-2006, 08:17 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Two goals for Jan Balastik. Man the Penguins are dreadful.
not Jan, Jar... Jaroslav Balastik... LOVE THIS GUY... led the Czech league in goals two years running. Just getting accustomed to North America...

Old
01-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Yeah had the Czech names mixed up with Hrdina.

Closed Thread