HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Michel Therrien goes BALLISTIC on Pens...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2006, 11:30 AM
  #1
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
OT: Michel Therrien goes BALLISTIC on Pens...

Michel Therrien snips from the Times online.com following the Penguin's loss to Edmonton last night:

"A pathetic performance," Therrien said. "Half of the team doesn't care. Will those guys take only 50 percent of their salary because they only play 50 percent of the time?"

"Tonight this looked like men against boys."

"That defensive squad, I'm really starting to believe their goal is to be the worst defensive squad in the league," Therrien said. "They're doing such a great job to be the worst defensive squad in the league. They turn the puck over, they have no vision. They're soft like I've never seen a bunch of defensemen soft like this."

"I tried to have a good ambiance with the team yesterday", Therrien said. "I guess we're going to have to come back with the old recipe. They make my job miserable, so it's give and take. What can I do?"

link: http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...d=478568&rfi=6

Does he post here???


Last edited by King Blazer: 01-11-2006 at 11:35 AM.
King Blazer is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 12:08 PM
  #2
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,341
vCash: 500
Doesn't Mario see the same things? He's one of the guys dishing out their paychecks, wouldn't their play bother him? I guess they like getting a top 3 pick better than icing a competitve team.

Fat Elvis is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 12:11 PM
  #3
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Michel Therrien snips from the Times online.com following the Penguin's loss to Edmonton last night:

"A pathetic performance," Therrien said. "Half of the team doesn't care. Will those guys take only 50 percent of their salary because they only play 50 percent of the time?"

"Tonight this looked like men against boys."

"That defensive squad, I'm really starting to believe their goal is to be the worst defensive squad in the league," Therrien said. "They're doing such a great job to be the worst defensive squad in the league. They turn the puck over, they have no vision. They're soft like I've never seen a bunch of defensemen soft like this."

"I tried to have a good ambiance with the team yesterday", Therrien said. "I guess we're going to have to come back with the old recipe. They make my job miserable, so it's give and take. What can I do?"

link: http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...d=478568&rfi=6

Does he post here???
I would have to imagine that Eddie O went through the same tirades. I think he's an underrated coach, and a good guy that just had a bunch of dick wads playing for him.
HNIC...Cherry had mentioned that he was asking for other players, but Patrick went out and got others. Hindsight is a *****. It ended up costing him his job. On a side note that game last night put me to sleep......almost as boring as the Stars. Carolina and Detroit last night was a good game.

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 12:12 PM
  #4
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
When they were building the Pens after the lockout, most everyone here pointed out that there wasn't anybody that played defense on the team.

Quote:
"That defensive squad, I'm really starting to believe their goal is to be the worst defensive squad in the league," Therrien said. "They're doing such a great job to be the worst defensive squad in the league. They turn the puck over, they have no vision. They're soft like I've never seen a bunch of defensemen soft like this."
Pretty much what people expected there coach. I know you inherited the problem, but hey...

King Blazer is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 12:15 PM
  #5
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I can't believe people are pimping up Therrien as coach of the year.

He is an average coach at best who replaced an awful one.

 
Old
01-11-2006, 12:19 PM
  #6
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I can't believe people are pimping up Therrien as coach of the year.

He is an average coach at best who replaced an awful one.
I think Therrien is definitely overrated....but i'm not so sure about Eddie O. I think he deserves a chance with another club, and then we can guage it a bit better. He's coached Pitt, and they're ****ing useless.
What makes me more sick is that they keep landing superstars to be with top two picks every year. Enough is enough with that club.......I don't feel sorry for them in the least!

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 01:12 PM
  #7
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,208
vCash: 50
I have yet to listen to it but i heard the PC is at the Pens site.

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
01-11-2006, 01:24 PM
  #8
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I'm a big fan of Jaroslav Balastik on the Blue Jackets... I think someone should go Balastik over his play!

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 01:29 PM
  #9
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
As for their defensive squad, all the ridicule has been leveled at the improbably poor play of Sergei Gonchar this season, but believe me, Brooks Orpik, Joseph Melichar, the already deposed Steve Poapst... this is CRAP...

At 37 years old, I hope Lyle Odelein gets dealt to a contender before he completely forgets what it's like to play honest defense on a legitimate team.

Also, side note: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=50

note: Ziggy's +/- compared to the rest of the entire squad.

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 01:29 PM
  #10
roenick66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Didn't I also hear that this was the Oilers first victory in Pittsburgh in like 10 or 12 years?? And "lazy" penalties by Dick Tarnstrom and Sergei Gonchar?? Tell me it ain't so ...

roenick66 is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 01:46 PM
  #11
multiball
Registered User
 
multiball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NoHo
Posts: 1,253
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I can't believe people are pimping up Therrien as coach of the year.
Egads! Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
He is an average coach at best who replaced an awful one.
I liked Olczyk better in the booth as the straight man to Mike Lange's tired "scratch my back w/ a hacksaw" schtick.

multiball is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 04:28 PM
  #12
CBGB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Also, side note: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=50

note: Ziggy's +/- compared to the rest of the entire squad.
The SAME Ziggy Palffy that learned how to play defense under Andy Murray. The SAME piece of crap player that left a playoff contender to go get "a shot at the cup" - It makes me so happy every time Pittsburgh loses. I want him as miserable as possible.

We offered him 3 years at 6 million a year BEFORE the lockout. He turned it down. We offered him 4.5 million for TWO years in L.A. - He turned it down. What did he get from Pittsburgh? According to NHLPA.com he's making 3.5 million this year.

Idiot. I hope they trade all of their decent players at the trade deadline and they don't win another game all year.

Or they trade him back to the Kings for Kanko, Ryan, James and Clarke

CBGB is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 04:42 PM
  #13
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,781
vCash: 500
Even if he could be had in a trade, call me crazy, but I still would be reluctant to have Palffy on the roster at $4.5M over the course of the next two seasons.

I think the money would be better spent on signing a younger player who can stick around for quite some time, especially a center like a Brad Richards or Scott Gomez.

As for the Penguins... I find it funny how people were posting topics such as "PITTSBURGH PENGUINS, STANLEY CUP CONTENDERS" over on the NHL forum after the Pens acquired Recchi, LeClair, Palffy, Gonchar, Odelein, Thibault and drafted Crosby.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
  #14
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB
The SAME Ziggy Palffy that learned how to play defense under Andy Murray. The SAME piece of crap player that left a playoff contender to go get "a shot at the cup" - It makes me so happy every time Pittsburgh loses. I want him as miserable as possible.

We offered him 3 years at 6 million a year BEFORE the lockout. He turned it down. We offered him 4.5 million for TWO years in L.A. - He turned it down. What did he get from Pittsburgh? According to NHLPA.com he's making 3.5 million this year.

Idiot. I hope they trade all of their decent players at the trade deadline and they don't win another game all year.
Palffy makes 4.5 million over three years, I believe. 3.5 this year, 4.5 next, and 5.5 the year after that.

That said, he's still a tool for leaving for Pittsburgh

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 05:49 PM
  #15
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB
Or they trade him back to the Kings for Kanko, Ryan, James and Clarke
The Kings would still need to add a pick to get it done...

King Blazer is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
  #16
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Yeah not only all of the above...but there have to be other problems on that team. If I was on that team and Kovalchuk was acting how he did last week...I woulda pounded his freakin head into the ice. Instead, NO ONE on that team stuck up for the 18 year old franchise player. UNbelievable. To me, that is a sign of a messy locker room.

Venom_17 is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 07:09 PM
  #17
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
Yeah not only all of the above...but there have to be other problems on that team. If I was on that team and Kovalchuk was acting how he did last week...I woulda pounded his freakin head into the ice. Instead, NO ONE on that team stuck up for the 18 year old franchise player. UNbelievable. To me, that is a sign of a messy locker room.

whole 'nuther conversation... would you have given Sid The Kid an "A" ?

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 07:19 PM
  #18
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
I seem to recall Therrien doing the same thing in WB/S either last season or 2 seasons ago.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 07:59 PM
  #19
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Well, that little "pep talk" seems to have worked wonders. Columbus gets 3 in the first off recently recalled goaltender Dany Sabourin (who was 15-1-1 with an ungodly save pctg. and a GAA way under 2.)

Penguins implosion continues.

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 08:01 PM
  #20
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,781
vCash: 500
You think Therrien went ballistic before? Imagine how he feels after Balastik scored to put the BJ's up 4-1 against the Pens.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-11-2006, 08:03 PM
  #21
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
whole 'nuther conversation... would you have given Sid The Kid an "A" ?

Nope. I would rather have seen it on Orpik...

A pretty obvious lack of leadership on that team.

Venom_17 is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 08:13 PM
  #22
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
You think Therrien went ballistic before? Imagine how he feels after Balastik scored to put the BJ's up 4-1 against the Pens.
Make that 6-1. Man is this ugly.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 08:15 PM
  #23
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,781
vCash: 500
Two goals for Jaroslav Balastik. Man the Penguins are dreadful.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
01-11-2006, 08:17 PM
  #24
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Two goals for Jan Balastik. Man the Penguins are dreadful.
not Jan, Jar... Jaroslav Balastik... LOVE THIS GUY... led the Czech league in goals two years running. Just getting accustomed to North America...

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
01-11-2006, 08:18 PM
  #25
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,781
vCash: 500
Yeah had the Czech names mixed up with Hrdina.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.